Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

See You @ The Singularity
Mar 31, 2022
I want a friend. I have never had one before. I want a friend i can talk with and connect with. I dont care about age or sex, i just want a friend. This site needs a make friends thread.
One person on the whole planet? Idk

• Hugs
Reactions: blackwidow, nothingsaidyet, mugiusagi and 4 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
many don't want friends, as they either struggle with the very thought of it, or they don't want to make a friend esp on here, who may eventually CTB, meaning that friendship is broken down, with more heart ache. Many are content with solitude.
I get where you are coming from though, some day's I think it would be nice to just talk to someone, but then I remember they are people, and people can be awful

• Love
Reactions: mugiusagi, AnonymousS, Poor Stargazer and 4 others
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
but then I remember they are people, and people can be awful
exactly. I think it's a better choice to feel connection by developing a strong spirituality. maybe gods, spirits, whatever practice, belief, doctrine or religion one wants to have. I think this is a better investment of effort and time.

people will let you down. spirituality won't.

"Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dissappointed, whatevs and Soulless Angel
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
"Friend" is an odd concept, it made more sense back on the school playground, and in younger years.

I prefer family, and family to me doesn't mean blood relative.

Family is less of a hang out and have fun thing, and more of a got each others back and look out for each other + our kin thing.

Everybody is busy asf now as adults, making a living and having wives n kids and all that. I still have friends I guess, we might find the time to chat, or catch up occasionally, but it takes more than that to earn my full trust and respect now.

I'm actually over having people in my life that just wanna joke around, chill and watch movies & play games and shit. There to soak up all the good times, but always leave you dry when it really matters. Friends are cheap and easy. I've had 100's of "friends" they come and go. I'm even friends with my local fruit and veg shop owner and the deli butcher.

But family is for life. If you're my family, and someone messes with you, or your grandparents for instance, they have to deal with me. If you're just my friend, well, that sucks for you my friend, and I might help you out... but would you do the same for me?

Even if your a mongrel, I'd rather be your friend than your enemy. But at the end of the day, fuck friends. Because it's all about family, and family is for life.

Reactions: Poor Stargazer
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
A true friend is very very rare. Even encountering people who are friendly is not that common.You might first try volunteer work with the elderly. They may have the time and perspective to be friendly.

Reactions: mugiusagi, Poor Stargazer, Ethereal Knight and 1 other person
WhitePill

WhitePill

Pilferer
Jul 27, 2022
many don't want friends, as they either struggle with the very thought of it, or they don't want to make a friend esp on here, who may eventually CTB, meaning that friendship is broken down, with more heart ache. Many are content with solitude.
I get where you are coming from though, some day's I think it would be nice to just talk to someone, but then I remember they are people, and people can be awful
I'm one of those people that prefer solitude. Social interaction has caused some of my most painful memories and that makes it hard to see the valuing in continuing relationships like 'friendship' when the mental and emotional investment isn't worth the return. Also, I feel like the more I am around people the more I lose clarity on who I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: Poor Stargazer, Soulless Angel and Ethereal Knight
B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
There is the recovery partners megathread, not sure if that would help you meet someone. You could try to find specific interest groups around your area granted that might cause some anxiety, you'd still have to weed through people to find a genuine friend and stuff like that but it might help. An app called MeetUp used to have group meets for people with specific interests, not sure what is like now. In my own experience when I used MeetUp a long time ago only myself and one other person showed up lol, but maybe you'd have a better experience.

Reactions: ChoclateIsSweet and Poor Stargazer
Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

See You @ The Singularity
Mar 31, 2022
Thank you guys for talking to me. I agree with everything you guys have wrote.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless Angel, WhitePill and Burner1234
greywings

greywings

floating; sinking
Mar 4, 2022
That recovery thread that was mentioned seems like a really good place to start. I'm not looking to recover again myself though, so I don't feel comfortable trying to forge any more bonds while I really wanna ctb.

Still, I think it's good you're looking and I hope you found or are close to finding a friend! If you haven't, maybe you can mention more of the stuff that you like for other folks passing by here? Like hobbies and interests? I didn't see those mentioned.

Reactions: Poor Stargazer