Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
No that happens during divorce. That's when it starts.

That's not my impression at all. On the contrary, in of all the cases I've heard of it has started after the divorce.

You forgot to answer my question.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
That's not my impression at all. On the contrary, in of all the cases I've heard of it has started after the divorce.

thats just the cases youve heard of and thats not always the case

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020

Oh boy have you been living under a rock.

And no i don't agree with you.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
thats just the cases youve heard of and thats not always the case

Since we have no statistics to rely upon, at least I assume there are none, I guess we'll have to drop the weponized children thread.

Oh boy have you been living under a rock.

And no i don't agree with you.

An ad hominem? That's considered cheap and low when debating.

Reactions: 140 bpm, Deleted member 22624 and Nymph
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Since we have no statistics to rely upon, at least I assume there are none, I guess we'll have to drop the weponized children thread.

An ad hominem? That's considered cheap and low when debating.
Where was there an attack on your character? Don't cry adhominem when there isn't one.

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020

Relationship of Alienating Parent and Child Before Divorce and Alienation Begin

With the birth of a child, each parent forms a bond, or attachment, to the baby. For the alienating parent this bond is based on the parent having his or her needs met by the child. Mostly these are emotional needs. The relationship reverses from one that meets the needs of the child to one that meets the parent's needs.

its starts from a toxic parent.

Reactions: Hyperborean
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

Relationship of Alienating Parent and Child Before Divorce and Alienation Begin

With the birth of a child, each parent forms a bond, or attachment, to the baby. For the alienating parent this bond is based on the parent having his or her needs met by the child. Mostly these are emotional needs. The relationship reverses from one that meets the needs of the child to one that meets the parent's needs.

its starts from a toxic parent.

To begin with, who has written this?

Where was there an attack on your character? Don't cry adhominem when there isn't one.

You talk about me, i.e. that I supposedly have lived under a rock, not my arguments. A crystal clear example of an ad hominem.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Nymph
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Hyperborean
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
To begin with, who has written this?

You talk about me, i.e. that I supposedly have lived under a rock, not my arguments. A crystal clear example of an ad hominem.
That's not attacking your character that's suggesting you're merely uninformed about things. But please go on with the red herrings.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
That doesn't answer the question. You can study something your whole life and still be wrong.
then what makes what you say right?

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Both you and I state opinions and presents arguments. It's something different when you quote a person's opinions as if they were facts.

Do you question my argument?
That opinion is shared by many other people who study it. There's a little thing called a concensus you know.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
That usually happens after a divorce.
and this isnt "stating facts" because the way you have this worded thats exactly what it sounds like.

also might i add that here you even stated that im right by using the word "usually" as in "not always" meaning that it does not always start after divorce meaning that at least some times it must start BEFORE divorce

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
and this isnt "stating facts" because the way you have this worded thats exactly what it sounds like.

You certainly gave the impression of stating facts.

also might i add that here you even stated that im right by using the word "usually" as in "not always" meaning that it does not always start after divorce meaning that at least some times it must start BEFORE divorce

Again, we don't have any statistics so we can only guess.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't know if this is typical for divorce but neither my mother nor father ever really paid child support for me and my two sisters no matter which one had primary custody of us.

I can understand not being able to pay it for my mom because for a while she basically had nothing to her name. She was jobless because she spent over ten years as a housewife before the divorce and no one was willing to hire someone who was out of work for that long.

When my mom ended up getting custody of us though my dad, who is incredibly masterful at manipulation, I spent the rest of my life as a minor dragging out court hearings and arguments about why he didn't have to pay child support. I'm pretty sure most people saw through his lies but he and his lawyers were probably just that good. To be clear, my dad would have loved to give money and goods directly to us but he was so convinced (or at least wanted people to believe he was convinced) that my mom would take any of that money for herself and not use it on us at all. It couldn't be further from the truth but that's probably how he dragged it out.

Now all three of us kids are in our 20s and even though one is disabled to the point where she's mentally a child and she still has court-arranged visits with my dad every two weeks, he still occasionally finds ways to gain our favor. I wouldn't accept any support from him if he had over a million dollars unless he was either dead or senile and even then I'm pretty sure he'd still find a way to be manipulative for it. Anything I accept from him and he'd expect something in return. No thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog, Cowtipper, Chupacabra 44 and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
You certainly gave the impression of stating facts.

Again, we don't have any statistics so we can only guess.
nice avoidance maneuver. maybe make it a little less noticeable next time.

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Source, please.
Cite your sources for your ridiculous claim parental alienation only happens after divorce! Don't ask me for evidence when you're trying to assert your opinion as facts.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Cite your sources for your ridiculous claim parental alienation only happens after divorce! Don't ask me for evidence when you're trying to assert your opinion as facts.
at least i gave evidence. funny how when they basically said that mine was "false" that they didnt have much to say when i asked them about their
"facts"

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
at least i gave evidence. funny how when they basically said that mine was "false" that they didnt have much to say when i asked them about their
"facts"
Indeed. I believe that's called hypocrisy lol.

Funny how he cried ad hom to when he wasn't making an argument but trying to assert something as fact.

The divine fallacy is calling this one lol

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Some hurtful stuff is being said on both "sides", guys I hope everyone can step back and not let this conversation get out of hand, in the end we've all only exchanged words, no more, no harms been done, let's just try to revert to reducing the suffering on this board?

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, 140 bpm, Sensei and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Some hurtful stuff is being said on both "sides", guys I hope everyone can step back and not let this conversation get out of hand, in the end we've all only exchanged words, no more, no harms been done, let's just try to revert to reducing the suffering on this board?
you said it yourself here. words are hurtful and they are saying words that someone might be reading and now blaming themselves when they were not at fault. when it comes to any situation we need to be more openminded and not blame someone because they just happen to fit under one umbrella

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
I take misinformation about mens issues like the impact of child custody very seriously. Especially since its one of the lead causes of depression and suicide in men

Reactions: Cowtipper