kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
I was a shut-in for so long, I didn't even bother to hide it. Was streaming a movie, he saw it and he researched it. Got a call from him being concerned and giving me a bunch of numbers and podcasts. In a way, I feel glad the cat's out the bag. But of course I didn't appreciate the barrage of unsolicited advice and comments about how it would be such a waste and how nonsensical these thoughts were. I told him about my dismissive doctor and he gave me his. I don't really know how to feel about all of this. It's not like much changed after he found out. I'm still in this mess and I still feel hopeless but I'm trying to fight through. Maybe I can appreciate life for throwing me a surprise now and then. Keeps me on my toes lol. Never expected somebody to find out like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: VioletNight, msocks, sourpink and 1 other person
stainedtips

stainedtips

Not today, maybe tomorrow
May 10, 2023
Well, at least he cares, right? It's beautiful to have someone that's concerned about you. I wouldn't like having so much unsolicited advice, either, but yknow at least he's worried. Hopefully he gives you some strength to keep you going. He's there for you, and so are the people here :)

Reactions: je.suis.prêt, Source Energy and kindalone
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
The fact he looked up resources and recommended his doctor to you instead of just trying to get you committed or only the tired "don't do it" tell me what I need to about their character: it sounds like you have a good friend. Maybe the circumstances are awkward, but at least this sounds like it could be a step toward a better situation for you. If you need to talk more about it, take advantage of him knowing and try confiding in him. Be honest, and be open-minded to his own take. If he cares about you, then this could be some valuable third-party perspective. Sometimes when we're drowning we're not going to see things above that water, we need that person diving in to let us know "hey, up here" and finally get out if that is possible for us. Glad you're feeling a bit better in general. ♥️

Last edited:
Reactions: ElysiumRain, je.suis.prêt, kindalone and 1 other person
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Your friend may be looking at this site now out of curiosity (or because he appreciates the information it offers ). Be aware that he might see this post.

Reactions: kindalone
silkwings

silkwings

flying with doves, floating with swans
Apr 25, 2023
its great that they care so much that theyre giving you resources but the surprise of unwanted(?) advice im sure is a little annoying,,
hoping nothing gets out but they might see this post since they know you're on here!! stay safe

Reactions: kindalone
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
Well, at least he cares, right? It's beautiful to have someone that's concerned about you. I wouldn't like having so much unsolicited advice, either, but yknow at least he's worried. Hopefully he gives you some strength to keep you going. He's there for you, and so are the people here :)
Yeah, I'm thankful for it. He's a great guy and a good friend. I just felt a little embarrassed. It's hard for me to accept help from anyone so I guess I didn't take it as well as I should have.
The fact he looked up resources and recommended his doctor to you instead of just trying to get you committed or only the tired "don't do it" tell me what I need to about their character: it sounds like you have a good friend. Maybe the circumstances are awkward, but at least this sounds like it could be a step toward a better situational for you. If you need to talk more about it, take advantage of him knowing and try confiding in him. Be honest, and be open-minded to his own take. If he cares about you, then this could be some valuable third-party perspective. Sometimes when we're drowning we're not going to see things above that water, we need that person diving in to let us know "hey, up here" and finally get out if that is possible for us. Glad you're feeling a bit better in general. ♥️
It's not really the kind of relationship I wanna have with anyone. I don't really wanna put all my baggage onto anybody. He's also the kind of guy that likes to take charge of his life so my perspective on things kinda fell on deaf ears. He didn't really get it completely, which is one of the reasons I don't really like to tell anybody about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stainedtips and silkwings