• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

Gaargebrabbel

Mar 30, 2018
Thanks for making this forum. It's absurd that people with our views are muzzled by reddit and most of the internet. Just wanted to say that. I'm "detoxing" before I can attempt to check out atm.

Reactions: Egddios, Final Escape, SuicidalDream and 7 others
ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
A lot of people tend to see anything other than pro-life as "pro-suicide", which just isn't true. I've talked people out of suicide before, and I'm willing to do that again.
Pro-choice doesn't mean that we want people to kill themselves. It's so annoying that we are viewed like that.

Also, I suppose reddit can do what it wants. It's their site after all. But this bullshit about us "promoting violence" isn't okay. Why do we get taken down when subreddit s like Watch People Die and Gore stay up? It's stupid.

Reactions: ExitCanada, Comatose11, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
OneEyedUK

OneEyedUK

Mar 18, 2018
I am so with you on this one..
I have a bunch of friends that keep posting the same annoying message concerning Suicide Awareness (I wont use the hash tag or lump the names together just cause I don't want it showing on any search engine..)
Anyhow, I spent about an hour writing out this massive reply to them all.. Which I may even post in here at some point... the only problem was when I read it back to myself I thought, 'If I post this, I'm either going to get arrested, or get sectioned, or both..'..
So its just saved someone where safe...
Very sad when we can't speak our minds because of societies inability to deal with suicide. :(

Reactions: ExitCanada, Comatose11, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Mar 20, 2018
I am so with you on this one..
I have a bunch of friends that keep posting the same annoying message concerning Suicide Awareness (I wont use the hash tag or lump the names together just cause I don't want it showing on any search engine..)
Anyhow, I spent about an hour writing out this massive reply to them all.. Which I may even post in here at some point... the only problem was when I read it back to myself I thought, 'If I post this, I'm either going to get arrested, or get sectioned, or both..'..
So its just saved someone where safe...
Very sad when we can't speak our minds because of societies inability to deal with suicide. :(
I'm honestly fine with suicide awareness, as it has helped many people. The problem is when people think it can "help" everyone. It can't. To some, like us, it's just a nuisance.
I wish I could speak my mind without being looked down on.

Reactions: ExitCanada, Comatose11, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
Right on.

There's an interesting parallel with the abortion debate. "Pro-choice" doesn't mean "anti-life", but that's the way the opposition paints it.

The freedom to live and die in peace without anyone forcing you to do anything, you'd think our species would've figured it out after 10 million years -_-

Reactions: ExitCanada, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and that_guy2611
Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
The freedom to live and die in peace without anyone forcing you to do anything, you'd think our species would've figured it out after 10 million years

That's the point. Society always needed to force people to live in spite of their condition/personal wishes, because we've always been seen as tools.

Reactions: Final Escape and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Mar 20, 2018
That's the point. Society always needed to force people to live in spite of their condition/personal wishes, because we've always been seen as tools.
It's weird how some of the people that try and force others to live, when someone does end up taking their own life, they turn cold towards those people. Saying they aren't worth anything just because they did take their own life. It shows how some people truly don't care.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Fylobatica
E

ExitCanada

Feb 1, 2020
Thanks for making this forum. It's absurd that people with our views are muzzled by reddit and most of the internet. Just wanted to say that. I'm "detoxing" before I can attempt to check out atm.
Agreed that the topic of death and dyng is still hugely taboo in our society, albeit increasingly found in university curricula now such as health and social services as well as psychology and sociology. Recently a right-to-die organization in the US was sanctioned for merely providing information on DIY deaths! I read that Australia banned the Peaceful Pill Handbook, the only book banned in that country in I don't know how many decades! Quite amazing how the state still treats us in such a paternalistic fashion, threatening to fine and jail us for merely providing information about how to end one's life painlessly and reliably. This book and Derek Humphry's best seller, 'Final Exit' sits on many library shelves around the world, but if a librarian helps you to locate it, she might be facing years of imprisonment in that US jurisdiction if the charges are upheld. It's crazy because life is supposed to be a gift, but deprive one of ending it means it's an imposition.
So true! And many orthodox religions perpetuate and reinforce this taboo about ending our own lives. They object to us having the agency to escape intolerable pain or even just because we have lived a fruitful life and want to end it painlessly before we lose the capacity through illness of other condition to do so reliably. They maintain only God has the right to do this but that contradicts the very essence of human dignity. It is our human right to control our own bodies. No one else should have a veto over this ever! Any religion that espouses that we must suffer at life's end is identical to what drove the Spanish Inquisition and the burning of 'witches' as infidels. It is horrific and should have no forum in the 21st century!

Last edited: