• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

nihilistics

nihilistics

nihil / he / 20
Jun 1, 2023
Okay, so please don't take this as a general method that will work for everyone, just one that suits my needs once I decide to CTB.
I live in a beachside city, so once things get worse for me and the world collapses even further, I'll go to the beach late at night, about 11PM, when there's no lifeguard.
I'll enter the sea and then, I'll use the first part of the tourniquet method. I pass out in about 10 seconds, and have a nice little shallow drowning. If it's not bathing season, then they will only find a body in... 2 or 3 days?
Would like feedback and to see if there's any holes i could patch up. not really stressed about time, if nothing major happens then I plan on the summer of 2024.
thanks in advance.

Reactions: vampire2002 and squirley
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I tried a similar method in 2014 and [obviously...] failed.

I also live near the beach/ocean. I had taken an overdose of my RX meds--probably not enough to kill me, but definitely enough to knock me out. Went to the water, planning to pass out and land in the water and drown.

I passed out just feet from the water and was found. Was in the hospital for ~2 weeks with a trach tube, IVs, etc.

Reactions: squirley and nihilistics
nihilistics

nihilistics

nihil / he / 20
Jun 1, 2023
Oh, I see. I was planning to get inside the water and pass out there, but I guess the matter of people finding you is definitely troublesome. ://
If it's okay to ask, looking back at it, would you have changed anything in your method?

Reactions: squirley
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
Okay, so please don't take this as a general method that will work for everyone, just one that suits my needs once I decide to CTB.
I live in a beachside city, so once things get worse for me and the world collapses even further, I'll go to the beach late at night, about 11PM, when there's no lifeguard.
I'll enter the sea and then, I'll use the first part of the tourniquet method. I pass out in about 10 seconds, and have a nice little shallow drowning. If it's not bathing season, then they will only find a body in... 2 or 3 days?
Would like feedback and to see if there's any holes i could patch up. not really stressed about time, if nothing major happens then I plan on the summer of 2024.
thanks in advance.
In theory it sounds like it will work...unless someone is randomly walking the beach that night.
Will the water be so cold? It triggers SI ? I'm just thinking out loud....
I'm doing partial but with swb has my back up as well...
Depending on how far you go out...and if the tide is coming in
they can find you 1-3days
Have you found your carotid arteries?

Either way sorry the world is collapsing definitely a shit feeling.
Good luck.
I tried a similar method in 2014 and [obviously...] failed.

I also live near the beach/ocean. I had taken an overdose of my RX meds--probably not enough to kill me, but definitely enough to knock me out. Went to the water, planning to pass out and land in the water and drown.

I passed out just feet from the water and was found. Was in the hospital for ~2 weeks with a trach tube, IVs, etc.
O man that's brutal...
Do you think this could work with a bathtub?
Partial / drugs / booze / swb bath

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Oh, I see. I was planning to get inside the water and pass out there, but I guess the matter of people finding you is definitely troublesome. ://
If it's okay to ask, looking back at it, would you have changed anything in your method?
I would take the meds while at the waterfront, rather than taking them home and walking there.

Reactions: nihilistics
BoredomSeeker

BoredomSeeker

"A black light bulb. The repression of an idea."
May 25, 2023
sounds like it should work just fine as long as you can compress your carotids.

nihilistics

nihilistics

nihil / he / 20
Jun 1, 2023
SI is an issue so I'm thinking of drinking beforehand. about carotids, I found mine scarily easy.
That's valid, yeah, Thanks for your input 🙏

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
I'll enter the sea and then, I'll use the first part of the tourniquet method. I pass out in about 10 seconds, and have a nice little shallow drowning.
If you can successfully pass out using the tourniquet, then drowning will not speed up the death process. Your brain is already being oxygen starved. However, that would certainly act as a nice redundancy. Just be sure you can block your carotids and you're golden

Now that I re-read your post, what do you mean by using the "first part" of the tourniquet method?

Last edited:
Reactions: I_want_to_sleep
Azno

Azno

Kill me
Jun 2, 2023
You just gave me an idea, I live by the biggest river in the world, if things get bad and there is no more peaceful way, I will do the same, it would also be a pretty poetic way to go out.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
You just gave me an idea, I live by the biggest river in the world, if things get bad and there is no more peaceful way, I will do the same, it would also be a pretty poetic way to go out.
Nile River?

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
thanks in advance.
11 pm is still early to ctb at the beach, I go to beach sometimes at 10,11,12 in the night so I would say do by 12:30 or 1 because you don't want stupid guy like me coming to beach and rescue you when you are about to ctb lol

• Informative
Reactions: nihilistics
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
11 pm is still early to ctb at the beach, I go to beach sometimes at 10,11,12 in the night so I would say do by 12:30 or 1 because you don't want stupid guy like me coming to beach and rescue you when you are about to ctb lol
I'm scared to learn why/what you're doing at the beach in the middle of the night lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Vizzy
basedgod_

basedgod_

Jun 2, 2023
A pretty peaceful death unless you get mauled to death by a hippopotamus or crocodile first. I personally wouldn't risk that.

• Yay!
Reactions: lopsidedcrawdad1
nihilistics

nihilistics

nihil / he / 20
Jun 1, 2023
If you can successfully pass out using the tourniquet, then drowning will not speed up the death process. Your brain is already being oxygen starved. However, that would certainly act as a nice redundancy. Just be sure you can block your carotids and you're golden

Now that I re-read your post, what do you mean by using the "first part" of the tourniquet method?
hi :) i mean that if the tourniquet starts untightening after i faint, then the water part comes in.

Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Not a good idea. When you compress the arteries in your neck, you lose consciousness due to lack of oxygen, but as soon as you release it, blood flow will return to normal and you'll wake up regardless if you are underwater or not. I would advice against this method, as you might regret it but you'll probably aready have salt water inside your system. Think it through please.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
thanks in advance.
Why make it complicated? Why not just swim out to sea and keep swimming?

nihilistics

nihilistics

nihil / he / 20
Jun 1, 2023
Not a good idea. When you compress the arteries in your neck, you lose consciousness due to lack of oxygen, but as soon as you release it, blood flow will return to normal and you'll wake up regardless if you are underwater or not. I would advice against this method, as you might regret it but you'll probably aready have salt water inside your system. Think it through please.
That's a fair point. I've thought of buying an actual tourniquet and using it to hold the artery close even when i pass out.
Why make it complicated? Why not just swim out to sea and keep swimming?
Sounds a bit too painful. And when talking about pain, I'm a bit of a coward.