• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019

That is the literature review above. It is scopolamine. It has been used intravenously but also orally with some researched success.

If you decide to try this, it is hyoscine hydrobromide that you need (which is used for travel sickness) as that is the one that crosses the blood-brain barrier. The other hyoscine does not (Hyoscine butylbromide).

I want to get the travel sickness patches which are called 'Scopoderm patches'. You can also get it as oral tablets - Kwells or Travel Calm in UK.

If anyone tries it, please as ever check your contraindications and let me know if it helps you...

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Isn't this that "truth-telling" or "submissive" compound? The one extracted from "Hell Trumpets"?

Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Isn't this that "truth-telling" or "submissive" compound? The one extracted from "Hell Trumpets"?
yes aka 'devil's breath'

it's probably about getting the doseage right… am gonna try a travel sickness patch behind my ear. Got about as much hope of that working as my current meds!

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
yes aka 'devil's breath'

it's probably about getting the doseage right… am gonna try a travel sickness patch behind my ear. Got about as much hope of that working as my current meds!
Interdasting! Post an update if you want.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
This is the extract from the research on oral scopolamine. They used 1mg a day for oral dosing (the other studies used IV or IM but this one is oral which is easier for self-medding). You can see it is scopolamine hydrobromide (which is the same as hyoscine hydrobromide). It is not the butylbromide version as that doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier.

So I just got myself Kwells travel sickness tablets. Each tablet is 300 mg, so I am going to take 3 a day. Here is the source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23146150/

The summary paper said it better:Patients in the group receiving scopolamine had an average of 73.8% reduction in their HDRS score, while the group receiving the placebo had an average of 59.3% reduction in their HDRS score. Furthermore, 65% of patients assigned to the scopolamine-augmented schedule achieved remission, whereas this was the case with only 20% of patients'receiving citalopram alone.

Objective:
To evaluate the antidepressant effect of oral scopolamine as an adjunct to citalopram.

Method: In this randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study, patients were assessed in the outpatient clinics of 2 large hospitals from November 2011 to January 2012. Forty patients (18-55 years) with major depressive disorder (DSM-IV-TR criteria) and 17-Item Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HDRS) score ≥ 22 were randomly assigned to scopolamine hydrobromide (1 mg/d) (n = 20) or placebo (n = 20) in addition to citalopram for 6 weeks. HDRS score was measured at baseline and days 4, 7, 14, 28, and 42. The primary outcome measure was HDRS score change from baseline to week 6 in the scopolamine group versus the placebo group. Response was defined as ≥ 50% decrease in HDRS score; remission, as HDRS score ≤ 7.

Results: Augmentation with scopolamine was significantly more effective than placebo (F(1,38) = 5.831, P = .021). Patients receiving scopolamine showed higher rates of response (65%, 13/20 at week 4) and remission (65%, 13/20 at week 6) than the placebo group (30%, 6/20 and 20%, 4/20, respectively; P = .027, P = .004, respectively). Patients in the scopolamine group showed higher rates of dry mouth, blurred vision, and dizziness than the placebo group.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
update (day 2). Taking 900 mg a day which is three tablets.

so far I am feeling less depressed and pretty sure it's the scopolamine.

I took three tablets at once today but am going to sprrsd them out tomorrow as it gave me bloodshot eyes when I took all three at once.

will keep updating