I

iain98

May 26, 2022
So this week I just found out the identity of my father on the other side of my country. I'm so excited to meet him. There are a few things preventing me. I was wondering if I should go or not?

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Celerity, eternalflame and 2 others
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
If it was me, I would go. If he turns out to be someone you don't want to interact with anymore you can always ignore him. It might be positive though and be a good thing. You'll never know unless you go but it's your call.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Celerity, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I agree with @Grav, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Will never know if one does not go.

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, eternalflame and Circles
O

obafgkm

Experienced
Jun 3, 2022
Probably set your expectation low. Then nothing to feel bad if it didn't go well which is very likely, and big surprise if it turned out to be good.

I

iain98

May 26, 2022
I heard he was a nice person but the only reason he and my mum split up was because she cheated on him.

I'm really keen on seeing him but the only thing stopping him is the finances. It's a four hour trip across the country that's €25.

Reactions: obafgkm
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
As someone whose father refused to have anything to do with me, if your parent truly wants you back or in their life and there is no drama, maybe you might want to go for it.

I

iain98

May 26, 2022
As someone whose father refused to have anything to do with me, if your parent truly wants you back or in their life and there is no drama, maybe you might want to go for it.

I really want to but I have no money to unfortunately.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
do you guys message each other? i wont get into my story because it would probably just discourage you and under the circumstances it works out that would be the last thing i want, but my dad and i started talking on fb.