• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I just recently found this video on The Right To No Longer Exist YT channel.

It shows a cartoon that sends a strong message related to efilism, antinatalism and right to die (freedom from suffering). Let me know what your thoughts are on it.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
First, I found the narrator's tone, background music, and color scheme very soothing and pleasant. Which makes sense, considering it's a bedtime story. Second, I got the sense that the second human child could be neurodivergent, if not autistic, due to the description of "feeling like an alien," logical thought patterns, willingness to pay attention to things most humans would ignore or not notice; and repeatedly being misunderstood in a negative matter. Third, regarding the title, there are many animals that bleed red and still have their agony disregarded. Even if snails had hemoglobin, I don't think the attitudes towards their suffering would change. Indeed, even after the bystanders understood the second child's motives: ". . .unfortunately, they didn't start caring about suffering." Finally, I strongly identified to the penultimate line: "So peaceful, so free, only dead ones can be." Thank you for sharing this short film!

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I really enjoyed it- thanks for posting.

Honestly though- I'm not a promortalist. That second child put the snail out it's misery because she had aready accidentally trodden on it. I'd agree- that was the right thing to do. The snail was obviously suffering and going to die anyway. Why prolong that? What if- the next healthy snail she came across having it's breakfast, she also decided to kill? That one wasn't suffering but, she decided it would be kinder to just kill every living thing, whether it was suffering or not. Then, she goes on the rampage, killing birds enjoying a dust bath, dogs playing frisbie in the park, a pig suckling its young. Because- she knows at some point that poor thing has the potential to suffer. Is she really right in doing that? What if the next animal or human she comes across tries to run away because they know what she's up to? If they're a human- they can beg her not to kill them. But- she's doing it for mercy- right? She's still in the right? I think there's a difference between euthanising a creature that is suffering and, murdering everything in sight because, you think you know best for it.

As to global genocide(s.) Honestly speaking- yes- I personally would prefer it if the human race went extinct. I just think as a species, we are way too harmful for this planet. It simply can't sustain us and I hate the thought of us spreading elsewhere to destroy everything else in sight. I wouldn't want to make that decision personally though. I don't think it's right for one of us to make such an enormous decision for the rest of us. Even if it seems like it would be for the greater good. I don't like dictatorships and humans playing God.

The same reasoning goes for the rest of the animal kingdom really. I don't know how awful it is to be a snail. Do they spend their time hating life? Were they really in intense pain when those clumsy children stepped on them? I don't know. Without knowing animals experiences and wishes, I don't feel able to make the decision to obliterate the lot of them because it looks cruel from my perspective. That's God level thinking to me. How can you make such a monumental decision when there's so much we don't understand? A lot of it seems to be projecting to me. I wouldn't want to live with my legs amputated so- that dog won't either. Ever watched videos of dogs with those wheels attached? You can't seriously see them running around like a thing posessed and think they don't look happy... Maybe that's projecting too but, I don't think so. I'd prefer it if we worked at the other end of the scale more and didn't bring new life here in the first place- especially human life. But, after something has been born, it has consciousness and feelings and it should have the right to choose its own destiny.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
This video felt nice to me. Thank you for sharing this. As for the video itself, unless if I'm mistaken, the snail is clearly an analogy for how humans suffer and how people are forced to live due to the world having the mindset akin to the first child in that video. If that's the case, I don't think the analogy is quite accurate as then the video would basically be saying to kill anybody who is suffering too much and I can't really agree with that. I believe that people should have the right to die and should have an option in whether they can die peacefully or not; I don't believe that we should force others to die as some people do still enjoy life despite the suffering. That's why I don't really believe in antinatalism as I think that procreation could be neutral if those of us who don't want to live can have a peaceful way out of here whereas the rest who do want to live can do so without interfering with our desire to be dead

Aside from that, I really related to the second child. Being an alien, having views that others would find insane, wanting to give myself permanent peace via suicide etc etc

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
The entire point of the video was "What if I were right and you were wrong? Obviously then I would be right. Huuh, not so tough anymore!". There wasn't a convincing argument in there. The snail metaphor makes sense, if you are terminally ill, but then the video veers into "Oh yeah, we're all only suffering and never experiencing a single good thing and the only solution is complete human genocide." as if that's somehow as obviously comparable as it makes it out. War, exploitation, slavery? We could one day end it, but the video refuses to even acknowledge the possibility in lieu of validating its message to itself.

• Informative
Reactions: TAW122 and sserafim
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
First, I found the narrator's tone, background music, and color scheme very soothing and pleasant. Which makes sense, considering it's a bedtime story. Second, I got the sense that the second human child could be neurodivergent, if not autistic, due to the description of "feeling like an alien," logical thought patterns, willingness to pay attention to things most humans would ignore or not notice; and repeatedly being misunderstood in a negative matter. Third, regarding the title, there are many animals that bleed red and still have their agony disregarded. Even if snails had hemoglobin, I don't think the attitudes towards their suffering would change. Indeed, even after the bystanders understood the second child's motives: ". . .unfortunately, they didn't start caring about suffering." Finally, I strongly identified to the penultimate line: "So peaceful, so free, only dead ones can be." Thank you for sharing this short film!
I'm glad you enjoyed the video, I did too, even if it is cartoony. The message at the end of the short film rings true too that where there is nothing, there can be no suffering (nor pleasure). I agree with that because the absence of sentience itself also means there is lack of perception of good/bad, pleasure or suffering.

I really enjoyed it- thanks for posting.

Honestly though- I'm not a promortalist. That second child put the snail out it's misery because she had aready accidentally trodden on it. I'd agree- that was the right thing to do. The snail was obviously suffering and going to die anyway. Why prolong that? What if- the next healthy snail she came across having it's breakfast, she also decided to kill? That one wasn't suffering but, she decided it would be kinder to just kill every living thing, whether it was suffering or not. Then, she goes on the rampage, killing birds enjoying a dust bath, dogs playing frisbie in the park, a pig suckling its young. Because- she knows at some point that poor thing has the potential to suffer. Is she really right in doing that? What if the next animal or human she comes across tries to run away because they know what she's up to? If they're a human- they can beg her not to kill them. But- she's doing it for mercy- right? She's still in the right? I think there's a difference between euthanising a creature that is suffering and, murdering everything in sight because, you think you know best for it.

As to global genocide(s.) Honestly speaking- yes- I personally would prefer it if the human race went extinct. I just think as a species, we are way too harmful for this planet. It simply can't sustain us and I hate the thought of us spreading elsewhere to destroy everything else in sight. I wouldn't want to make that decision personally though. I don't think it's right for one of us to make such an enormous decision for the rest of us. Even if it seems like it would be for the greater good. I don't like dictatorships and humans playing God.

The same reasoning goes for the rest of the animal kingdom really. I don't know how awful it is to be a snail. Do they spend their time hating life? Were they really in intense pain when those clumsy children stepped on them? I don't know. Without knowing animals experiences and wishes, I don't feel able to make the decision to obliterate the lot of them because it looks cruel from my perspective. That's God level thinking to me. How can you make such a monumental decision when there's so much we don't understand? A lot of it seems to be projecting to me. I wouldn't want to live with my legs amputated so- that dog won't either. Ever watched videos of dogs with those wheels attached? You can't seriously see them running around like a thing posessed and think they don't look happy... Maybe that's projecting too but, I don't think so. I'd prefer it if we worked at the other end of the scale more and didn't bring new life here in the first place- especially human life. But, after something has been born, it has consciousness and feelings and it should have the right to choose its own destiny.
I agree with you reasoning and I too, am not a pro-mortalist, but a pro-choicer, so I respect the choice of others who decide whether they want to live or die (on their own terms). As for the universe, it wouldn't care about any one particular species, to itself (the universe), it just houses and holds whatever species exist in it's plane. I do think that humanity has compassion backwards, and by that I mean that they spare most/all other species the pain of suffering (e.g. a dog or cat that is severely crippled and likely to lead a poor quality of life, maybe not terminally ill and perhaps have many more years of life left, yet won't be as pleasurable, most people will opt to get the animal euthanized to spare it potential future suffering. However, the same cannot be said with another human being though (non-terminal illness, but crippling and severely debilitating, chronic illness that will not abate). I also agree with the antinatalistic viewpoint as well because no living being ever consented nor consciously made a decision to come into this world or existence. It was thrust and imposed upon them and they then are indoctrinated to propagate and keep the species going while also shamed from taking a self-exit on one's own terms.

This video felt nice to me. Thank you for sharing this. As for the video itself, unless if I'm mistaken, the snail is clearly an analogy for how humans suffer and how people are forced to live due to the world having the mindset akin to the first child in that video. If that's the case, I don't think the analogy is quite accurate as then the video would basically be saying to kill anybody who is suffering too much and I can't really agree with that. I believe that people should have the right to die and should have an option in whether they can die peacefully or not; I don't believe that we should force others to die as some people do still enjoy life despite the suffering. That's why I don't really believe in antinatalism as I think that procreation could be neutral if those of us who don't want to live can have a peaceful way out of here whereas the rest who do want to live can do so without interfering with our desire to be dead

Aside from that, I really related to the second child. Being an alien, having views that others would find insane, wanting to give myself permanent peace via suicide etc etc
Yes, I agree with you too, being a pro-choicer means that even we don't make the decision for others; if one finds life or existence unbearable, then it is up to them to decide when they had enough (on their own terms). I do believe that the prevention of suffering is more ideal though, as that means that those who never came to be, can never experience suffering (even if they never experienced pleasure). Furthermore, the lack of pleasure due to non-existence is not relevant because one cannot lose what they never had to begin with (they never existed in the first place).

The entire point of the video was "What if I were right and you were wrong? Obviously then I would be right. Huuh, not so tough anymore!". There wasn't a convincing argument in there. The snail metaphor makes sense, if you are terminally ill, but then the video veers into "Oh yeah, we're all only suffering and never experiencing a single good thing and the only solution is complete human genocide." as if that's somehow as obviously comparable as it makes it out. War, exploitation, slavery? We could one day end it, but the video refuses to even acknowledge the possibility in lieu of validating its message to itself.
Yeah I might not subscribe to the total annihiliation of the species or making a decision for another because I don't know what is best for them and also it takes away the 'choice' aspect of another being. I do agree that if one is terminally ill (or even chronically suffering with debilitating pain and debility), then it would absolutely make sense for one to be able to check out, to end one's own suffering to prevent further suffering.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Mx_Pathetic

Mx_Pathetic

Delete
May 8, 2023
I just recently found this video on The Right To No Longer Exist YT channel.

It shows a cartoon that sends a strong message related to efilism, antinatalism and right to die (freedom from suffering). Let me know what your thoughts are on it.

Thank you for sharing this short film. I've never been able to explain with word on how I feel. However this film explained it perfectly đź’—

Reactions: Rogue Proxy