Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
It's obvious now people are aware of what's going on here.
I wouldn't be surprised if the recent police activity has been ramped up thanks to the stupid prolifers action coming from the recent news case.
Fact is this forum is way too out in the open now and this hurts the people of this forum who actually want to ctb. N has been discovered and just the same for SN.
A's email has always been ridiculously out for anyone not dumb as a rock to be able to get. Now he has been compromised.
It may be a matter of time before they get SN as well.

Ideally the best security for us would be for this forum to be hidden in the dark net, but obviously admins won't enjoy the decline in members.
I seriously would though, much less filler and actual suicide discussion would be had instead of what this is now.
But something has to be done to improve privacy and security of methods and suppliers. For anyone with a brain, it's way too easy to access and this puts suicidal people at risk.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Saed, Rena rossy, foreverbroken28 and 26 others
W

whereisfreedom

Student
Feb 3, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if the recent police activity has been ramped up thanks to the stupid prolifers action coming from the recent news case.
Fact is this forum is way too out in the open now and this hurts the people of this forum who actually want to ctb. N has been discovered and just the same for SN.
A's email has always been ridiculously out for anyone not dumb as a rock to be able to get. Now he has been compromised.

Ideally the best security for us would be for this forum to be hidden in the dark net, but obviously admins won't enjoy the decline in members.
I seriously would though, much less filler and actual suicide discussion would be had instead of what this is now.
But something has to be done to improve privacy and security of methods and suppliers. For anyone with a brain, it's way too easy to access and this puts suicidal people at risk.
Word! But I don't think admins would accept it and transfer this forum into darknet.
This forum grew too fast and with this too much people who published sensitive information.
Stop temporarily registrations and transfer it into darknet is probably the last chance before it get closed from authorities and admins get forced to send all registration data to authorities.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Invisible 73 and Kikoo Loool
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I made the same suggestion a while ago but the reality is: you can't really protect the content. Even if you would put this forum into the darknet, which is a hassle anyway, pro-life people would just ddos it into oblivion, the same way they're ddos'ing darknet markets. You can read more about this here:

So this isn't a solution, it would make the forum more vulnerable to censorship and attacks. And the forum would barely be accessable anymore. And if you would made the content only visible for members, all you had to do is registering to gain access to all the posts anyway. So that's not a solution either. As long as we're not some hidden secret community acting in the shadows, there isn't really anything we can do.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Susannah, Invisible 73, The Mute Viking and 8 others
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
I'm afraid there aren't many options available here. Maybe invite-only registration and limited access for guests will do something, but it surely impact new activity.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Invisible 73, Meretlein and 1 other person
W

whereisfreedom

Student
Feb 3, 2019
I made the same suggestion a while ago but the reality is: you can't really protect the content. Even if you would put this forum into the darknet, which is a hassle anyway, pro-life people would just ddos it into oblivion, the same way they're ddos'ing darknet markets. You can read more about this here:

So this isn't a solution, it would make the forum more vulnerable to censorship and attacks. And the forum would barely be accessable anymore. And if you would made the content only visible for members, all you had to do is registering to gain access to all the posts anyway. So that's not a solution either. As long as we're not some hidden secret community acting in the shadows, there isn't really anything we can do.
There are tor alternatives like i2p. There are not so much problems with ddos-attacks

Reactions: RainAndSadness
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Darknet might be the best way. People who want to stay here can handle it. Tor's not perfect, but it's better than nothing. And it'll keep people who wants this place shut down off our backs.

Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
There are tor alternatives like i2p. There are not so much problems with ddos-attacks
Nobody would use it though. Not many people have i2p software or know about it

Reactions: Saed, MiserableBastard1995, foreverbroken28 and 2 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Nobody would use it though. Not many people have i2p software or know about it

That's true. We would run out of members really fast. It sucks but this right here is the best option, even if it makes the community transparent as fuck.

• Aww..
Reactions: Saed, Invisible 73, Oblivion Lover and 1 other person
W

whereisfreedom

Student
Feb 3, 2019
If the issue is about the site getting closed then tor is a better option. Easier to use and more well known.
Yeah if Tor Project developers can fix the ddos-exploit the upcoming months. If not there is only I2p.
A small forum like sanctionedsuicide is perfect for I2p. There is even possible to use I2P through RetroShare and RetroShare is nice and easy.

For now they can temporarily close registrations for new members and hide posts from non-members and if Tor-developers close the ddos-exploit move the forum into darknet.

Last edited:
Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
Yeah if Tor Project developers can fix the ddos-exploit the upcoming months. If not there is only I2p.
A small forum like sanctionedsuicide is perfect for I2p.

For now they can temporarily close registrations for new members and hide posts from non-members and if Tor-developers close the ddos-exploit move the forum into darknet.
I don't think prolifers would ddos the forum. And there are ways to mitigate attacks.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
My eyes have glazed over in sorrow that I have no idea what any of that means. Just don't leave me behind if y'all go somewhere else, ok?

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocksandsand, foreverbroken28, appalachian moon and 21 others
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
I'm not tech savvy, I don't understand the dark net, tor, bitcoin etc I wouldn't be able to use the forum if it moved.

I can't remember how I found this site but if I can find it anyone can.

This is sad

Reactions: foreverbroken28, Donewith_, nw7 and 1 other person
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Is anything that happens here illegal though?

Reactions: lilyeehaw, Kjo, crimea_river and 5 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018

I completely agree with you. It's just a matter of time until all our option are gone. This world is transforming into a police state.

Reactions: foreverbroken28, littlelady774, HGL91 and 3 others
W

whereisfreedom

Student
Feb 3, 2019
I'm not tech savvy, I don't understand the dark net, tor, bitcoin etc I wouldn't be able to use the forum if it moved.

This is sad
I found this site through google and that is shocking.

Reactions: Saed, foreverbroken28 and Broken Chimera
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019

This is sad
Do we even know for sure it really happened yet?

Reactions: Soul and dreamsofdestruction
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I don't see anything inherently illegal about this forum. Other forums like this one exist: PPH, 8ch, /r/ttg. I don't think we should worry as long as nobody encourages others to end it. If anything, this should be a reminder for us all to follow the rules when it comes to this matter and call people out who don't; suicide is no joke.

Reactions: Bluedew, omoidarui, appalachian moon and 13 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I'd personally prefer to keep the site easily accessible - it represents an alternative point of view that needs to be kept around in the mainstream.

The fact that the site can become found through a simple Google search is what makes it valuable - it remains available to anyone who would want this info. If the site moves to Tor, it's not going to become immune to pro-lifers, it's just going to make the average person have to go through a hassle to get here.

I find the process of writing the shell commands I have to use for my job painful enough. I like the fact that all I need to do to get here is open my phone and select the first site on the frequently accessed list.

• Love
Reactions: H2H2, MiserableBastard1995, appalachian moon and 14 others
S

Slimjim23

Mar 23, 2019
Has A been shut down?

Reactions: Kjo and throwaway123
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Whoa. Calm down. This place will not get shut down. Neither will SN be made illegal because it has too many real-world applications aside of some of us freaks who decide to use it to poison ourselves.

You are overreacting. 99% of what happens here is perfectly legitimate, and to be honest I, for one, really like the "filler". You get more people telling you to kill yourself in online games and on Facebarf than here, and I don't see those getting shut down anytime soon.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Rocksandsand, foreverbroken28 and 24 others
lastNamePicked

lastNamePicked

Apr 3, 2019
what do you mean by 'N has been discovered' , 'A has been compromised'?
N was topic in largely cited suicide literature for more than a decade now and A was openly listed as a supplier. I dont see how exposing this forum would put him into danger as much. if he was catchable he would be out of the game already.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Kjo, crimea_river and 8 others
W

whereisfreedom

Student
Feb 3, 2019
I would even introduce a rule section about precautions before a suicide.
Like: Encrypt your harddrive with VeraCrypt and delete your harddrives with DBAN before you decide for your suicide.
Or would this against the laws (like spoliation of evidence) if admins would add such a rule section before registration?

lastNamePicked
about ''A'' apparently the sling pulls well. Do you think the investigators simply look for one decade on passively? Especially if maybe relatives who lost their family member pressure - with the help of media like buzzfeednews?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjo and Ἡγησίας
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Personally, I don't have anything that would compromise me on my drives. Reasonable stealth measures are needed for anyone who wishes to talk freely about sensitive topics like this without getting a visit from some goodfellas. It's common sense, really.

There was the whole media scandal around Shawn Shatto and this place is still here. We'll be fine (for as long as we decide to stay).

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, throwaway_2620, stbdchick and 2 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Whoa. Calm down. This place will not get shut down. Neither will SN be made illegal because it has too many real-world applications aside of some of us freaks who decide to use it to poison ourselves.

You are overreacting. 99% of what happens here is perfectly legitimate, and to be honest I, for one, really like the "filler". You get more people telling you to kill yourself in online games and on Facebarf than here, and I don't see those getting shut down anytime soon.
Ok you have to tell me how "Facebarf" would translate in Romanian.
I need to know!

• Love
Reactions: foreverbroken28, AutumnEmbers and Soul
Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
I would even introduce a rule section about precautions before a suicide.
Like: Encrypt your harddrive with VeraCrypt and delete your harddrives with DBAN before you decide for your suicide.
Or would this against the laws (like spoliation of evidence) if admins would add such a rule section before registration?
This is a good idea. Require veracrypt or truecrypt and require a user to encrypt their phone. Users should look up how to encrypt their android phone which is easy, an option in the settings app. iPhones are usually encrypted by default. There should be a thread about this and it should be stickied

Reactions: Bluedew, throwaway_2620, Righttodie and 2 others
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
at least it is possible make non members see site content

L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Encrypt your harddrive with VeraCrypt and delete your harddrives with DBAN before you decide for your suicide.
There is no need to erase drives if they are already encrypted.

Reactions: Taylored
W

whereisfreedom

Student
Feb 3, 2019
There is no need to erase drives if they are already encrypted.
I know. Are just 2 methods to be secure.
I personally prefer encrypting my harddrives with VeraCrypt. My phone is encrypted.

Reactions: Taylored
Status
Not open for further replies.