• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
I've decided a while ago I want to die from a seizure I was thinking like in a bathtub or pool but the thing is I'm not sure how to force a seizure. I have epilepsy but take medication and don't really know what makes me have seizures. But I want to do it somewhere I can drown or hit my head hard or something. I have places to drown easily I just need to force a seizure while I'm in it

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It doesn't sound like a very reliable method to me, especially if you're not really sure what triggers the seizures. Do flashing or flickering lights have an affect on you? I know those cause seizures for some people, but it might be more difficult if it doesn't work that way for you.

Maybe it's worth considering a more reliable method with more info available, but even those can be scary if someone does them wrong and survives. Whatever you decide to do, hopefully it helps.

Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
I've decided a while ago I want to die from a seizure I was thinking like in a bathtub or pool but the thing is I'm not sure how to force a seizure. I have epilepsy but take medication and don't really know what makes me have seizures. But I want to do it somewhere I can drown or hit my head hard or something. I have places to drown easily I just need to force a seizure while I'm in it
I don't know much about epilepsy meds, but isn't phenobarbitol prescribed for seizures? Sounds like a better bet than trying to drown during a seizure

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I don't know much about epilepsy meds, but isn't phenobarbitol prescribed for seizures? Sounds like a better bet than trying to drown during a seizure
It wouldn't surprise me if barbiturates are no longer used outside of euthanasia just because they're one of the few types of drugs you can actually CTB from when overdosing.

There's only a couple of countries that I think still prescribes them, but I don't want to reveal it out in public.

Last edited:
I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
It doesn't sound like a very reliable method to me, especially if you're not really sure what triggers the seizures. Do flashing or flickering lights have an affect on you? I know those cause seizures for some people, but it might be more difficult if it doesn't work that way for you.

Maybe it's worth considering a more reliable method with more info available, but even those can be scary if someone does them wrong and survives. Whatever you decide to do, hopefully it helps.
I'm not sure I've tried it a lot of times but it might not be working because I'm on medication. I might need to stop that before I have any seizures. The thing is I just don't want anyone to know I'm trying to die because if it doesn't work I don't want to end up In the mental health hospital again(I'm fine with being in a medical one if that happens because at least I'm not treated like a prisoner)
One thing that I know makes me have seizures is not getting any sleep and it's really hard because when I'm depressed all I want to do is sleep so I've been sleeping a lot more which isn't going to help me have a seizure

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I'm not sure I've tried it a lot of times but it might not be working because I'm on medication. I might need to stop that before I have any seizures. The thing is I just don't want anyone to know I'm trying to die because if it doesn't work I don't want to end up In the mental health hospital again(I'm fine with being in a medical one if that happens because at least I'm not treated like a prisoner)
One thing that I know makes me have seizures is not getting any sleep and it's really hard because when I'm depressed all I want to do is sleep so I've been sleeping a lot more which isn't going to help me have a seizure

I wouldn't want that to happen to me either, so trying a suicide method that looks like an accidental death sounds very appealing. Drinking SN like I'm planning to do would make it way too obvious. It probably is the medication that's preventing your seizures, so getting off of them beforehand will probably work.

It would be nice if you didn't have to resort to such a scary method though. If only we could get a doctor to help us die peacefully, without pro-lifers being able to do shit about it.

SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
Stopping medication usually causes myself to have a seizure 1-2 days later. I consider this all the time. Any success or suggestions?

Last edited: