catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
I want to try doing that since ctb thoughts are looming to an annoying level. Though I don't want to talk about ctb since it just makes people try to be encouraging instead of taking those face-to-face.

What do you talk about then (and with whom?)

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and WeirdTheaterKid02
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
Any cats in catowice? What are they like?

fiftyfiftyclown

fiftyfiftyclown

Jun 30, 2023
I usually talk to my sort-of partner but he gets fed up with me and tells me i'm selfish etc. which is true I suppose lol I don't know anymore - I browse on here when I've exhausted that

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
S

sufferingextremely

Oct 9, 2021
talking can be therapeutic for some people, particularly women. Men are more likely to get over things by just distracting themselves. If you have suicidal ideation without intent to actually CTB, you likely have suffered from childhood trauma or adult trauma. This is things like different forms of child abuse, sexual assault, and rape. It is very hard to completely get rid of such feelings, if and when that is the case. You just persevere through them. It's like life is a mix of good and bad, and you accept that the bad is part of the bargain, horrible as it may be. A good therapist can help you with this a lot, if this is what applies to you. Therapy requires hard work from the patient. It is an interaction and a cooperative effort in growing and healing. It can be extremely rewarding. The hard work you put in will improve your quality of life in a very noticeable way.

In general, in recovering from wanting to CTB, you have to find the source of your problem. If you lack motivation, life feels hopeless, and nothing makes you happy, you are likely suffering from a depressive disorder. Your sense that things are hopeless, in that case, is an illusion. You can get rid that illusion through medication, which will also restore your motivation and ability to experience pleasure in your hobbies and your relationships and other interests. If you feel like you want to CTB as a result of trauma, you can do things like I described earlier.

Added to getting the right type of treatment, the thing that can contribute the most to your life, in my experience, is to work very hard on improving your life. The way things work is everything is designed to go to shit. It is a property of nature and your task is to fight it. If you fight it hard enough, you not only can stop it in its tracks, you can gain ground on it. Instead of everything going to shit, things will get better and better. Relentless effort is the key. Everyday is a battle, and you will lose many of these battles. When you do, you just get up the next day and fight that battle as hard as you can. It will be brutal and full of setbacks and disappointments. You will fall on your face 1,000 times, but you just keep fighting. Good things will happen to you and you'll be glad to be alive.

• Informative
Reactions: snowcloud9
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
Not so plenty, but they're all cute :P just like me
im sure youre cuter, cat tend to stuck up. they all think theyre supermodels

Relentless effort is the key. Everyday is a battle, and you will lose many of these battles. When you do, you just get up the next day and fight that battle as hard as you can. It will be brutal and full of setbacks and disappointments. You will fall on your face 1,000 times, but you just keep fighting. Good things will happen to you and you'll be glad to be alive.
Im afraid im in one of my upward cycles, where i have energy to try fix things, but all takes is one mean word, one asshole, one mistake and i fall back in myself.
its been too many times now, im older and i dont have much time left

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I never talked to someone in the moments because social interaction is probably the last thing in my mind.

therapeutic for some people, particularly women. Men are more likely to get over things by just distracting themselves

I think it's more because men are taught to be less emotional and have a less mature understanding of their emotions. Talking can DEFINITELY help men. They just need that extra kick to get it out.

Reactions: Melly
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I talk about my paranoid thoughts with my doctors. It helps a little but lately the thoughts are impossible to ignore.

sol.

sol.

Jun 4, 2023
I usually ask them to just tell me a story. A piece of gossip, how their day went, something they made up...whatever. Works as a distraction. Or venting. That helps too.

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
i dont talk to anyone i mean who do i have to talk with? literally zero contacts no social networks and social contact. well if you consider just a few people to emphatize or out of habit "give me a smiley" or reply thats the most social interaction i get. other than that i get sick of hearing my voice and the 1st person pronoum "i , i ,i ,i , i " the world doesnt revolve around you (i mean, me). so yeah don't talk to anyone but start lecturing myself in third person as if i was the smartest person but "no, you didnt listen to me. again." in reality i don't know how far regret goes, as being the sole responsible (and the only one around) i refuse to take part in this inside job of systematically sabotaging everything from relationships to financial problems *not responsibilities anymore a fitting end to a life which never truly began (at least thats what humans love to think, that they're gonna get a second chance, that it was a misunderstanding that you had the best intentions, but of course you couldnt do better (see i think its happening..) and i had the amazing idea of suggesting spend this weekeend (which hasnt even begun but i wanted it over already and the all other as well, this year the last and the previous were nothing than a linear extention of frustration disapointment and setbacks, i wanted live to have a meaning wheni was a teen now i want i time travel machine, some serious demographic changes would take place if the boolean logic is to be applied, thats another paradox anyway thats what isolation and despair does to people who dont even have themselves anymore.. its like just an empty shell of.. .. of what? if it IS NOT then "IT" shouldn't even exist in the first place, makes the whole sentence an absurd.

S

selena2234

Sep 20, 2023
I usually talk to my sort-of partner but he gets fed up with me and tells me i'm selfish etc. which is true I suppose lol I don't know anymore - I browse on here when I've exhausted that
That's really unfortunate. I hope he's not the reason you want to CTB

WeirdTheaterKid02

WeirdTheaterKid02

Jul 1, 2022
I want to try doing that since ctb thoughts are looming to an annoying level. Though I don't want to talk about ctb since it just makes people try to be encouraging instead of taking those face-to-face.

I have always encouraged the people I care about to talk to me with those thoughts. I've never approached it in a way that makes people feel like they have to be happy. Every time they talk to me about it I always take time to let them feel that way. In person it allows for such an intimate moment and it shows the other person that it's ok to feel it and they don't have to fix it at all right then. Because what that would imply is that they have to mask it and that's not a fix. It only fixes it so the other person doesn't feel as bad.

zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023

most of the times i do talk about ctb, its usually to a positive reception, most people around me are not pro suicide, but pro MY suicide

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering