U

unfixable

Oct 1, 2023
For those who attempted partial suspension and failed, why did it fail, what went wrong? If SI prompted you to abort mid attempt, include that as well please. Has anyone failed a complex partial suspension that included sedation of some kind(OD or not)? If you feel comfortable sharing, I would like to hear.

TheRottingContinues

TheRottingContinues

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
Hello, I have attempted a partial hanging around 3 times.
For me, the biggest problem is definitely finding the right spot to put the rope. My neck is rather bony, and the huge adam's apple doesn't help either. I would have the rope around my neck, then try to dip down, but the rope would just pull and stretch all of my neck skin upwards. For me, the best spot seems to be right under my jaw.

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
i still have no idea how a patient in the psych ward back in 2006 managed "let light crack open into the room" by using a blanket and the bathroom door... every single time i failed was even after falling unconscious and self-preservetion (thats my guess) others even because of snapping (lol) others because it wouldnt do the job only cut and cause bleeding and scars id have to be really creative about .. like "my cat jumped on me "

neverwashere

neverwashere

Self sabotaging to cope with it all
Apr 25, 2023
i tried partial for both of my attempts, and both times I had a necktie tied to my closet door handle and I was kneeling/leaning facing away from it. My main problem was not being able to fight my survival instincts and automatically sitting up or getting into a position that brought blood flow back to my brain as soon as i began to black out. you can literally feel yourself slipping away which is what stopped me both times. i also did somewhat struggle with getting the tie to actually press on my arteries, so def try using a thicker rope/belt/whatever you use

• Informative
Reactions: silentcicada