U

user22078

Sep 18, 2023
i have attempted to kill myself in the past year. this is just to let you know, i too have been through similar turmoil as you. for me, i gave life another chance thinking it was just a game and there could not be anything worse than dying. i know this sounds very immature but since you had already considered giving up on life why not give it another chance. i'm sorry, if i failed to convey my openion but i do not know how to put it into words
edit: i mean to say live as if there are multiple lives left even though there is only one

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, comfortable.at.nigh, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
It's a game that holds lots of suffering though. I don't see anything that would be truly bad for me after I die. What could there even be, if I were there no longer?

• Hugs
Reactions: Valky, anhedonicNfoggy, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
Miserious

Miserious

Jul 2, 2023
i have attempted to kill myself in the past year. this is just to let you know, i too have been through similar turmoil as you. for me, i gave life another chance thinking it was just a game and there could not be anything worse than dying. i know this sounds very immature but since you had already considered giving up on life why not give it another chance. i'm sorry, if i failed to cover convey my openion but i do not know how to put it into words
It's a randomized game where you can't go back and fix mistakes by reloading a save point. So theres many people who after being dealt a bad hand decide to quit, and others who after so many attempts at fixing their mistakes/making too many mistakes can't take it anymore. I understand how you feel, however.

• Love
Reactions: wobblycoatrack, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3, Lost in a Dream and 6 others
U

user22078

Sep 18, 2023
It's a game that holds lots of suffering though. I don't see anything that would be truly bad for me after I die. What could there even be, if I were there no longer?
since it is a game why not just live

Reactions: WeirdTheaterKid02
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
since it is a game why not just live
I hope you see how that's not really any kind of argument. It's so easy to turn it on its head: since it's a game, why not just die?

Reactions: NoHorizon, dizzdesi, AllCatsAreGrey and 6 others
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
It's a randomized game where you can't go back and fix mistakes by reloading a save point. So theres many people who after being dealt a bad hand decide to quit, and others who after so many attempts at fixing their mistakes/making too many mistakes can't take it anymore. I understand how you feel, however.
This is a fantastic way to put it.

Reactions: tiyijinn
T

tiyijinn

Cinnamon Squares > Power
Apr 27, 2022
Life is a horrible game, and I don't like playing bad games. The only way to win is to not play.

• Love
Reactions: WeirdTheaterKid02, Renee, Maravillosa and 3 others
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
yeah just give life another chance! it's a game!

bs

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, The Burning Fool and アホペンギン
shura

shura

Sep 19, 2023
yeah just give life another chance! it's a game!

bs
The thing is, you don't get another chance. Live your life to the fullest. You're gonna die at one point. Everyone is. Why not make the time spent here a bit better before you pass? Why cut your life short?

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
The thing is, you don't get another chance. Live your life to the fullest. You're gonna die at one point. Everyone is. Why not make the time spent here a bit better before you pass? Why cut your life short?
you narrow minded, life doesn't deserve a second chance, why cut my life short? they tf not? life is shit... been depressed for many years don't give me this bullshit

• Love
Reactions: dizzdesi and The Burning Fool
shura

shura

Sep 19, 2023
you narrow minded, life doesn't deserve a second chance, why cut my life short? they tf not? life is shit... been depressed for many years don't give me this bullshit
Pardon me for asking, very sorry, but what experience have you had to be depressed? I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way but what I think is that life truly is a wonder when you begin to appreciate it.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
Pardon me for asking, very sorry, but what experience have you had to be depressed? I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way but what I think is that life truly is a wonder when you begin to appreciate it.
i hate talking about it, one of the reasons i don't vent much...

• Love
Reactions: dizzdesi and The Burning Fool
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
This is why I like the recovery forum more now. I'm not nearly as suicidal as I once was, it still comes and goes and I'd still consider myself depressed but not as bad.

This is a take I agree with and something that I did. Life fucking sucked at the end of 2022 and beginning of 2023. I was going to end myself around New Years. Decided I was too scared too. I made an attempt in February and I'll just say this, it failed. No lasting damage, no one knows, and I decided, "if I didn't die, maybe I should stick around." And I'm very happy I did.

Since then, I've enrolled in college studying computer science, I've strengthened relationships with certain family member, I've moved on a lot more from an ex (although not completely), and all around, life is decent. Could it be better? Yeah. Could it be worse? Definitely, and it once was.

• Love
Reactions: moondazed, wobblycoatrack and carac
shura

shura

Sep 19, 2023
This is why I like the recovery forum more now. I'm not nearly as suicidal as I once was, it still comes and goes and I'd still consider myself depressed but not as bad.

This is a take I agree with and something that I did. Life fucking sucked at the end of 2022 and beginning of 2023. I was going to end myself around New Years. Decided I was too scared too. I made an attempt in February and I'll just say this, it failed. No lasting damage, no one knows, and I decided, "if I didn't die, maybe I should stick around." And I'm very happy I did.

Since then, I've enrolled in college studying computer science, I've strengthened relationships with certain family member, I've moved on a lot more from an ex (although not completely), and all around, life is decent. Could it be better? Yeah. Could it be worse? Definitely, and it once was.
Very well said. Of course, life will have its ups and downs. But the real ease only comes after the hardships. As long as you keep beliving, as long as you never give up, nothing will ever break you. I'm very relieved to hear you say that you're happy that you stuck around. Really proud of you. Keep it up, I'm all for it.

Reactions: wobblycoatrack
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Very well said. Of course, life will have its ups and downs. But the real ease only comes after the hardships. As long as you keep beliving, as long as you never give up, nothing will ever break you. I'm very relieved to hear you say that you're happy that you stuck around. Really proud of you. Keep it up, I'm all for it.
Yeah I completely agree. After hardships, you learn to value the little things. Sometimes I still break down at times but I've gotten better at picking myself back up. You seem like a really kind person and I'm glad to have you here :)

Reactions: shura
shura

shura

Sep 19, 2023
Yeah I completely agree. After hardships, you learn to value the little things. Sometimes I still break down at times but I've gotten better at picking myself back up. You seem like a really kind person and I'm glad to have you here :)
Love that so much man it makes me very glad to hear like genuinely. You seem like a wonderful person and I can't stress enough how amazing and strong you are. Not everyone has the skill or bravery to do what you do ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Everyone says to just have hope, to just believe, to have purpose and meaning, but this is what breaks me. When I have hope, I have an expectation that is often shattered. Reality is never what I hope for it to be, which is always depressing. When I search for purpose, I never find it, which makes me feel lost and confused.

The only thing that has helped me is to withhold all expectations and ideals. Live in the moment, go into new situations blind, and trust that you can handle whatever comes your way, no matter how unfamiliar and uncharted the territory may be.

There is a beauty in not knowing, in not hoping, in not anticipating, and in just going along for the ride as it unfolds. There's never any disappointment when you have no standards going in.

Instead of trying, I'm learning to just be and to just do.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CrescendoChiller, moondazed, wobblycoatrack and 4 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Love that so much man it makes me very glad to hear like genuinely. You seem like a wonderful person and I can't stress enough how amazing and strong you are. Not everyone has the skill or bravery to do what you do ❤️
I know this is the recovery section (so I'm probably out of order), but why did you join this forum? I'm not knocking your obvious liking of life, but could you possibly understand that telling people they have skill or bravery for still being alive, may make people who are struggling feel like absolute shit.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Larysa
shura

shura

Sep 19, 2023
Everyone says to just have hope, to just believe, to have purpose and meaning, but this is what breaks me. When I have hope, I have an expectation that is often shattered. Reality is never what I hope for it to be, which is always depressing. When I search for purpose, I never find it, which makes me feel lost and confused.

The only thing that has helped me is to withhold all expectations and ideals. Live in the moment, go into new situations blind, and trust that you can handle whatever comes your way, no matter how unfamiliar and uncharted the territory may be.

There is a beauty in not knowing, in not hoping, in not anticipating, and in just going along for the ride as it unfolds. There's never any disappointment when you have no standards going in.
Well of course! There's absolutely no wrong in this. There is beauty in not knowing, but there's also beauty in determination. For me, hope is to never give up. Going along for the ride is never wrong. See where life takes you. Maybe it'll take you somewhere better than you thought was possible.
I know this is the recovery section (so I'm probably out of order), but why did you join this forum? I'm not knocking your obvious liking of life, but could you possibly understand that telling people they have skill or bravery for still being alive, may make people who are struggling feel like absolute shit.
I joined the forum to share my story and to spread positivity and maybe try to help recovering people. I'm sorry if my previous comment offended you in any way.

cactusflower

cactusflower

here but not here
Apr 19, 2023
I just don't know. I don't think it's fair to expect people to want to continue on, to keep trying, in spite of how much anguish and turmoil life gives in return.

I myself find it difficult to find the strength to continue. Yet I do. For some reason, there is still something within me that still wants to go on, to keep going, to see what's beyond the horizon. I can understand, however, why waiting sometimes just isn't the answer.

Waiting for things to get better is wishful thinking, and sometimes they just never do. I've found that generally, things probably get worse in life. It seems one has to have unending positivity and zeal for life to not see this so clearly. If not from mental disorders like anxiety or depression, it could be from physical things like trauma, disability, or even old age.

To live is kind of weird and just generally, forced upon us all. It seems cruel to force some of us to endure this pain and suffering all because we share the belief that death is somewhat scary because it is an unknown. It's a bit ironic. People say to embrace the unknown in life, but when it comes to the possibility of a much better... whatever happens after death... it's considered taboo.

Anyway. Sorry for the rambling. I'm so glad you've found the path of recovery, however. It's nice when someone still has the strength to keep going, but let's not discredit those who may not have anymore strength left ..

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Lost in a Dream
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I agree with this philosophy. The outcome, for me, is the decade and large chunk of change that I have spent waiting in vain for that moment where things seem better, where life becomes something wonderful that I can grow to appreciate. I've only wasted time and complicated matters to the point where I have to stick around. Maybe it will get better but there's also a big possibility that it won't. Part of recovering for me is learning to be okay with being this way for the rest of my life.

I often ask myself what the point of going on like this is. Nobody ever really has an answer for me. The people that pressured me to stick around after I failed my attempt definitely don't; more than ten years later I'm still miserable and suffering. But they got their wish, at least I'm still around to laugh with and tell jokes from time to time. Is that it? Being alive for others' peace of mind, is that why I lived? Years later and that is the pathetic case.

I understand what you and the OP are trying to say. I'm not going to knock anyone for their views of life as all of our experiences are different, so please don't take this as me knocking you or attacking you for having this view. Generally, I think it's wonderful when people want to/do recover and it's great that you've found a reason to keep living (saying this with sincerity, I read your other post and I really am happy that you came out of your darkness with a positive outlook and the strength to go on). If someone wants to give life another chance, I'm forever in support of that. I just wanted to offer the opposite perspective. Waiting, hoping, "making the most" of things— many people are doing that unsuccessfully. So why wouldn't someone in a different situation than us want to cut it short? Why would they stick around for more challenges and complications? Why should they want to give life a chance when life has barely given them the same grace?

Life is really unfair, so I would definitely call it a game. One that we're playing on different settings, in different servers, with different debuffs that either will or will not go away. But if it's one you dislike, one that is too difficult for you to play and derive any enjoyment out of it, one that makes you feel horrible, and you have the option of quitting it after attempting it for so many years in so many ways, why not take it?

Our only options, actually, are to play or quit; we can't reset it, we can't pause it, we can't mod or enhance it very much. A lot of people don't have the strength to continue under the conditions, and that's okay too. Quitting the game also takes a lot of strength. Nobody's wrong for deciding to continue and nobody is wrong for putting their controllers down, either.

Welcome to the forum though, you seem like a kind person and I hope that you can help anyone who is willing to let you in.

• Love
Reactions: Clasrink, shura, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Well of course! There's absolutely no wrong in this. There is beauty in not knowing, but there's also beauty in determination. For me, hope is to never give up. Going along for the ride is never wrong. See where life takes you. Maybe it'll take you somewhere better than you thought was possible.

I joined the forum to share my story and to spread positivity and maybe try to help recovering people. I'm sorry if my previous comment offended you in any way.
I'm not here to spread positivity, or to hope

I'm here to admit I am scared, and still in pain

I'm here to just live day by day meeting myself where I am at

But I don't want a meaning, I do not want hope, in case the end is peril

I'm here to remember I wanted to ctb for the wrong reasons, and I just want to live as it happens, so I'm not disappointed

Idk the future

I don't need to

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Larysa, Praestat_Mori and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
i have attempted to kill myself in the past year. this is just to let you know, i too have been through similar turmoil as you. for me, i gave life another chance thinking it was just a game and there could not be anything worse than dying. i know this sounds very immature but since you had already considered giving up on life why not give it another chance. i'm sorry, if i failed to convey my openion but i do not know how to put it into words
edit: i mean to say live as if there are multiple lives left even though there is only one
This is like fighting a boss fight the second time starting at 50 HP instead of 100 HP. It would only be more difficult to pick up where I left.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I'm trying to do both, cut my time short and make the most of the little bit of time I gave myself to figure things out. I'm glad there's people out there who love being alive, but that's just not me and it never will be.

I tried my best to recover and become a more functional human being, but the game was rigged against me from the start. I've always been emotionally unstable and the stress piled onto me by this disgusting society we're forced to be a part of only makes it worse. I wish the best of luck for anyone still trying recovery, but I've given up on that for myself.

• Love
Reactions: voyager
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
problem is not dying . but having lived an empty life, threw multiple attempts and had hoped to the last minute,. Well i gave so many tries and the anxiety and fear of "eventually" some variables becoming too much of a hassle and there's no point in "carrying on" going where to? starting what? doesn't seem im playing around anymore, i mean, i must go all the all through, hours are becoming days which turned weeks. on an already losing struggle, one has to stop lying to himself and take full accountability of what can be taken. Wish i had made better choices, wished so many things. above most a normal regular boring life with a family and a dull routine.. Well guess what? i really messed up, more than twice. It doesn't matter if people change your diagnoses DSM IV / CID 10 . i've gave more money my entire life to pharmaceutical companies rather than buying booze or "not very legal" drugs. anyway now they think only because your brain is melted you can't think anymore.. then suggest stupid things as "psychotheraphy" anyway you know inside out gestalt, regular psycho-analysis. Some "professionals" say "they aren't qualified or don't know any "experts" who would deal with the issue properly. and shrinks? hell they're the well-dressed drug sales pusher, literally, pharm consultants go to psychiatric practices here and spend like 2 hours with small talk and salesman persuasive communication like, to convince some doctors into pushing their labs drugs (their market versions) and a lot of them are experimental.. so doctors get a % for each prescription.. sad isnt ? they create the problem at first giving drugs to kids and saying is ADD, calling you weird, then life comes you try getting married leaving home at 20 years old, to get into a lot of trouble later, becoming socially inapt. receiving goverment support, its humiliating but so is having nothing to eat and not caring about, just getting sicker and tired... like this text block. i failed so miserably that not even death wanted me, as if, when it wants someone, that someone will never see it coming. but waking up 1month later in ICU is traumatizing. there's not enough research here let alone people who speak english who could study before displaying worthless certificate frames with pictures "over the world" kind of thing.. nowadays shrinks don't even have the pile of books to pretend sometimes they read the pharmacoepeia or check for possible interactions ... anyway, 10 hours ago i was feeling like "ok its over , all will be over soon" now weakness is starting to set in. i have an appointment with the goverment lady who oversees abandoned people, elder, homelesses or people in extreme poverty.. man, THIS is not what "starting life over" looks like.... WHY has "life given me a chance" and brought me back some years ago just to live through the worse nightmares (literally) i have seen enough. don't want it anymore, also wanna return back thinking like a skeptic,, IF THERE IS something after death, i really hope its like the comatose trip. not a hellish punishment for eternity for having had enough of an "earthly nightmare", being born strictly to suffer.

"- So you are not christian? - "No, even though after i've witnessed and lived through bizarre unexplained set of coincidences (which i foolishly thought it was under control) anyway sometimes its better to stay curious and skeptical. Connect yourself to the Deep Web and the Deep Web connects to you, pretty much like the saying "stare at the abyss for too long and it stares back at you"
Why must one suffer and be denied the right to put himself out of his misery? why is it a crime? why does it involve a certain doomed punishment destiny? I DID NOT WANT those american medical students taking notes of the so-called "alien bacteria" and the morbid anti-biotic hospital machine that was hooked to me.. 9 tubes, nurses would come and administer injections like i dunno if they were serving beer mugs from several taps.. it was scary as hell, i mean, it was scary as it was.. you want to get out of there but after that life is not the same then later you miss the beeping machines, the care of the nurses, you can't tie your own shoes by yourself anymore can't mantain a house, looks like a crackden, but how on earth could lethargy by itself create so much trash and "untidyness"? - Why must we "give life a chance", "submit to religions", "give faith" a chance.. and only evil stuff happens (it can always be worse i know) Why can't we , feel some encouragement , even though i'l admit its a bit gloomy, but life ain't all sunshine and cupcakes. see these normal people they get by they are "happy" have kids are married, didn't sank their carreers didn't get cheated by wives or husbands, who searched your name on the obituary the first 2 days then later , im not even gonna say. .. but has life given me a choice? plenty i think , guess i must have been so depressed since i was a baby then i unfortunately made all the wrong choices, how bad... Why do i worry about going to the govt lady and make it clear state my intent. that there is no law that covers it and i am in control of my mental faculties although severely impacted by depression lack of neurotransmitters or whatever... don't blame all these alcohol bottles thats just my laziness... don't blame the mess. thats why i'm going to have to be sober not even the meds. (why do i even care? coroners will be more concerned about whats for lunch when stitching me up) and why does that even bother me ? So it sure looks like i want desperately to "give life another chance".. As if i had a "chance"
I'm not here to spread positivity, or to hope

I'm here to admit I am scared, and still in pain

I'm here to just live day by day meeting myself where I am at

But I don't want a meaning, I do not want hope, in case the end is peril

I'm here to remember I wanted to ctb for the wrong reasons, and I just want to live as it happens, so I'm not disappointed

Idk the future

I don't need to
Wish i could have lived like that, worrying too much for the future and feeling deeply disturbed by the past makes the "present" pretty much a cycle of unfortunates no one can avoid. Congrats for having a strong mindset

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Larysa
kaidatenn

kaidatenn

Kai kinda like the nitrite taste
Sep 19, 2023
I already attempted twice, will do it again if feels like it.
Why should I give it another chance when it fcuks me over and over again.

Sorry for language

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I'm continuing to live simply because I've went through the pain for many loooong years and I don't want it to go to waste. I've already made it this far, if I give up it will be all for nothing. Just staying alive out of spite. More or less.

Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
if had known the disaster life would have turned out be like this and only in what 8 years? i'd have done myself back when in the crybaby teenage years when i lost my first ex girlfriend (at least didnt involve career, medical leave, appartments, blank checks by some evil serpent botox face ex mother in law (the kind that sets her own appartament on fire to get insurance money) damn , yeah i should have seen it coming, thinking of this streak WHAT are the probabilities of GOOD THINGS happening? i just wanna get out of here. already paid the price for having this incredible learning experience. why most religions tend to condemn and unbeliavably inflate the price of just "wanting to stop, to get out" .. well thats the amount of trash you read from someone about to spend crazy days back in the loonie bin, havent been there since i was 18... i don't think its going to be exciting tough...

• Aww..
Reactions: thx1138