LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
So I was playing a game against someone online as people to do to.make themselves feel better and distract themselves. Even as farnas games go (which of course don't mean anything) this game is super casual and chill. I win and afterwards this person messages me and writes:

"Please consider killing yourself you tryhard friendless loser. I'm sure your parents would appreciate the gesture".

Okay....Way ahead of you buddy.

I'm definitely a loser, not exactly friendless, but tryhard? Most people would probably say I'm not trying hard enough. :pfff:

This is what blatant suicide encouragement actually looks like regardless of how sincerely people like this mean it and you won't find it on this sit and this kind of language and behavior is endemic throughout the whole online world, not just localized to one corner of the Internet.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Pluto, Life'sA6itch, kunikuzushi and 5 others
D!psh!tMcgee

D!psh!tMcgee

First Zealot in the Cult of John Moses Browning
Nov 28, 2023
man guys like the one that told ya to KYS crack me up like sure bro let me just grab the shotgun they are so unoriginal like come up with something funny also these guys are every where and boy is it funny its just more people that give me a free excuse to be an asshole to em

Reactions: ropearoundatree
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
it seems someone cant handle losing lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Life'sA6itch and ropearoundatree
D

Deleted member 65988

Unbelievable how people just throw around the suggestion to kill yourself after losing a damn game. You're right though, it's all throughout online, this subtle but present encouragement for people to kill themselves

• Wow
Reactions: Life'sA6itch and ropearoundatree
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
So I was playing a game against someone online as people to do to.make themselves feel better and distract themselves. Even as farnas games go (which of course don't mean anything) this game is super casual and chill. I win and afterwards this person messages me and writes:

"Please consider killing yourself you tryhard friendless loser. I'm sure your parents would appreciate the gesture".

Okay....Way ahead of you buddy.

I'm definitely a loser, not exactly friendless, but tryhard? Most people would probably say I'm not trying hard enough. :pfff:

This is what blatant suicide encouragement actually looks like regardless of how sincerely people like this mean it and you won't find it on this sit and this kind of language and behavior is endemic throughout the whole online world, not just localized to one corner of the Internet.
Oh, man! I have never witnessed anything like this, by myself or anybody that I know (which, is admittedly, but a few). I also don't game, so I know nothing of that, or most any other online culture. Only wanted to say that it's hard to believe one could be so careless with their language, even if only in a poor loser, or losing, sort-of-fashion. I guess it means, to them (I'd hope), that they don't understand the gravity of their words, for they have never felt close to what those of us who have registered for a site such as this have. Which, on the one hand, is "nice" for them. But it also underlines how dangerous it can be (the choice of words used, and their "intent,") when in the wrong hands. Such as those that do mean to do harm & ill will with them. Anyway, it seems as though you've got a pretty good handle on things, and so there's not much I can point out to you. Other than to say I'm happy you were at least TRY-ING - to enjoy your day!

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Next headline: Online Safety Bill now includes a ban on video games in the UK because they're pro-suicide. Video games are illegal in the UK now.

• Yay!
Reactions: 0000000000000, Abyssal, waRmblanket and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Unbelievable how people just throw around the suggestion to kill yourself after losing a damn game. You're right though, it's all throughout online, this subtle but present encouragement for people to kill themselves
Well, It wasn't very subtle. :)) People who say that kind of thing can't take for granted that it will be shrugged off as a joke, which of course is the argument they will use to defend themselves.

To the platform's credit I later saw the account was banned so they must have been doing it to everyone.

Next headline: Online Safety Bill now includes a ban on video games in the UK because they're pro-suicide. Video games are illegal in the UK now.
I saw an article the other day about a mother trying to sue a school system for being (alledgedly) complicit in the bullying that drove her 11 year-old daughter to suicide. They should ban schools too.

Reactions: RainAndSadness and 0000000000000