• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

higashikata_panos

higashikata_panos

I'm Vengeance
Apr 13, 2018
Maybe its just because life is so unbearable in here , some people want to live but not in a place like this.
I kinda understand their thoughts . Life on planet earth is not the only difficult thing we going through . Its about how we humans are made too.
Our way of thinking is just so frickin disgusting , even if you are the best and most kind human alive you still gonna have wrong and bad thoughts. You will still have this stupid instinct of humans ....
Maybe some people want an afterlife not only for the change of place but for the change of being . Losing your body and with that maybe the human self changes too . Where you can be your true self maybe , cause now we are kinda trapped .
I feel like im a programmed lifeless being , no matter what different character you have from other humans , in the end we are all exactly the same. Dont tell me that you cant see my point . Characters from a video game are not totally different from us . They are programmed to do certain things and be a certain someone no matter what. Maybe we are doing a lot of different things cause we are supposedly free willed but our nature NEVER CHANGES , just like a programmed character.
So if maybe somehow there is a chance for us to become entirely something else , to shed our humanity skin and be our true selves without boundaries then i understand why some people want that cause it sounds reassuring .
But it is unlikely , at least i personally cant believe in such a wishful think.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I don't wish for an afterlife — Rather, I wish to cease to exist. My wishes and dreams are impossible, so I might as well disappear forever. That said, there are reasons to believe in afterlife. Not "logical" reasons, mind you, since anything other than nothingness after death defies logic (the logic of this era, anyways) by nature, but reasons nonetheless. Saying it is just wishful thinking is a bit silly, I think. It is not only that, although obviously there are plenty of people who believe in afterlife because they are scared of the concept of not existing (which I don't understand... what is there to be scared about?).

I wish there were solid proofs of what comes after. The uncertainty makes this a lot harder (for me, anyways) than it should be. No matter what your beliefs are, you are taking a leap of faith, not knowing what comes next, if anything comes next at all.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I do not agree that we humans are all the same, but for the most part, there is not a lot of variety. People love to throw around the idea that everyone is unique, but there is no such thing. We are just a bunch of slightly intelligent but also very cruel animals.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I do not agree that we humans are all the same, but for the most part, there is not a lot of variety. People love to throw around the idea that everyone is unique, but there is no such thing. We are just a bunch of slightly intelligent but also very cruel animals.
We have satellites orbiting the planet. Slightly intelligent is an understatement imo. People seem to forget that we are animals at our core even if we dont resemble them much anymore.

Reactions: dano6533
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
An afterlife is unlikely as our consciousness seems to be linked to our brains. Once we lose our brains we most likely lose our conciousness for good. Meaning it doesn't continue to exist outside our bodies which is a requirement for us to transverse into a afterlife of some sort. Here are a couple of reasons as to why i believe this.

1.) Kids a young age - only when their brains become developed to a certain point do they then become self aware, this means that the brain is infact responsible for self awareness.

2.) Damage to brain causing unawareness of ones self or forgetfulness/anesthesia

3.) Comas

Some additionals reasons as to why an afterlife is unlikely.

1.) where is the line drawn, do cells and insects have souls too? Do cells and insects go to the afterlife as well? What reason would a cell need an afterlife? Doesn't make sense.

2.) Afterlife extremely overpopulated with EVERY soul that has died? Whats the cutoff point?

I was hoping for an afterlife but after thinking about it for some time now, it just doesn't make much sense to be quite honest. What exactly would i do in it? Would i get another vessel (i would hope not). Would i float around as some non-corporeal being? Would i have a mouse and keyboard (lol probably not)?

Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
I'd either want reincarnation into a better life (preferably one way in the future when most of our problems are solved by technology provided that ww3 doesnt happen) OR an ascension into a higher plane of existence and understanding of the universe, with a god like ability to go anywhere and do anything with a simple thought or direction of will. I'll find out soon enough

TheDemonPrince

TheDemonPrince

Mar 17, 2018
I once had a dream about the Afterlife. I awoke in a completely gray version of my home, floating in some endless void. I couldn't do anything but walk around and sit down. I'd hope the end isn't like that, but I can't remember having emotions, so it probably wouldn't be bad?

Reactions: alice-jane