idontevenknowanymore

idontevenknowanymore

May 2, 2020
It's weird, I've been mentally ill for almost 7 years now, I was 14/15 when it all started but I honestly cannot remember who I was before. I hear stories but I can in no way imagine how I could ever be healthy and excited for life again. I'm too used to faking happiness, I don't know what real happiness is anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
My depression has accompanied me for 37 years, and has been chronic for 25 years.
Social phobia and fear of everything else filled the years before.

Don't ask me why I'm still alive, I don't know.. I just know that this will finally change in 21 days.
:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, idontevenknowanymore and Sensei
blackcatnash

blackcatnash

Aug 17, 2020
I have had constant negative and sad thoughts since I was 10, but actually depressed with persistent suicidal thoughts since I was 18. This month I'll be 40, so it has taken 22 years of my worthless life before I'd actually decided to "take action" for it.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Hello guys :)

I just wanna make somekind of a poll; for how long are you guys mentally sick?
Ofc you can share the reason, when did it start etc etc

Me personally im sick for 4 years
Oh Lord. Uh. Technically about 20 years, if you include the anxiety disorder. Depression has stuck around for about 11 or 12 years. I don't know about the CPTSD, that's much more subtle. Possibly longer than the anxiety disorder. I guess my dad was absuive even when I was a baby and I likely have attachment trauma due to how my parents raised me...

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
14-15 years. Triggered by stress at work.

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
4 years or so of depression, and 2 solid years of suicidal ideation

dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
7th year comin up soon, getting dangerously close to being half my life. If nothing gets better I'll probably dip the year before so the better part of my life stays the majority

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
7th year comin up soon, getting dangerously close to being half my life. If nothing gets better I'll probably dip the year before so the better part of my life stays the majority
That's really rough - you're so young... Sending big hugs.

Valon

Valon

Sep 14, 2020
About 14 years. I think I was 11 when I first contemplated suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
14 shitty years! That's 54% of my life now...

• Hugs
Reactions: Valon and BitterlyAlive
deadbeat

deadbeat

Sep 9, 2020
Depression for 11-12 years, social anxiety for possibly 18 years.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Between 10 and 5 years. I really can't say for sure, I've had symptoms since 2010, but I knew for sure I was depressed only in the end of 2014 and I only saw a professional in 2017.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I've suffered from mental health issues since age 6 when trauma caused me to begin dissociating from reality. The depression and anxiety disorder entered the picture at around age 11 as a result of bullying at school. It's been a struggle from the get go

• Aww..
Reactions: Lamebrain
Lamebrain

Lamebrain

Jun 7, 2020
Well over fifteen years. I remember starting to think about killing myself for the first time in primary school. I was always incredibly anxious and socially inept, which made me easy pickings for bullies. ...And later on an abusive partner. Years of systematic public humiliation and psychological torture followed by a near decade of emotional / sexual abuse has naturally exacerbated things, and it's stayed with me ever since.