• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Posting this in recovery bc I figure this is more of the crowd who would be interested, but I've just done my first day of Spravato which is esketamine given as a nasal spray for treatment resistant depression or major depressive disorder with suicidal ideations. It's given in a clinical setting twice a week for the first four weeks, then once a week after. You administer the spray yourself in front of the nurse practitioner. It's once in each nostril from the same device, and for normal appointments this will be done three times 10 minutes apart. For the first appointment they only do two rounds of the spray, but I was only able to do one. They came back with the second one & I wasn't ready, so they waited another 10 minutes to see if I wanted to take the second one at all. I felt super nauseous though & couldn't do it. Apparently nausea & vomiting are pretty common symptoms. It felt way worse than normal nausea though bc the ketamine also made me dissociate pretty heavily. It takes a few minutes after the spray for the side effects to hit you, but once it did I felt completely detached from my body & moving was extremely laborious. Time passed really weirdly for like the first hour after I took it, but I vividly remember staring at my hands & feeling like they weren't mine. I have a lot of health conditions & medications always hit me hard, so take my experience with a grain of salt. I wouldn't want to do it again though. The psychiatrist said most people see that their side effects go away after a few sessions, but I felt disgusting. Idk how to describe it other than it felt like a bad trip. It felt like my brain was in a blender

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: lacrimosa, DefinitelyReady, ChronicPainExistent and 2 others
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Also it tastes nasty. I've eaten & brushed my teeth, and my mouth is still so gross. Think waking up after a night of mouth breathing with the stomach flu

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I hope it helps you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ChronicPainExistent and ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Just got done with my second session. They kept me at only one dose, and the side effects weren't as bad this time. Still nauseous & tired, but the dissociation wasn't too bad. It gave me a nosebleed this time which was annoying. I will say my mood has been notably improved this week though

Reactions: DefinitelyReady