• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DeletedUser4739

No prob! I personally don't plan on leaving soon because I want to keep my baby brother happy but I have to do something with all this anxiety and grief so I cut. Another thing is preventing infection, not only for one's safety, but to avoid going to the hospital. Yes, they will treat it but they will also put you in the psych ward and honestly, from my experience, those are stressful af.
Generally speaking, I think psych wards and crisis centers do more harm than good.

Reactions: lv-gras
D

DeletedUser4739

Former surgical assistant here. No, deeper is usually not better. The deeper the wound, the greater the chance of infection and more chance of damaging things further down. Nerves, veins, arteries, etc.

And to answer your question about size: It's hard to put an exact number on it. The key to all wounds is approximation. That is, bringing the sides of the wounds together. When determining how many stitches a wound gets, it's not about the size of the wounds, it's about bringing the sides of the wound close enough together to allow healing. So when you're making a wound, look at it and see how "gaping" it is. Does it close easily? That's what determines what help it's going to need to stay closed (stitches, glue, etc.)
Thank you for the helpful advice.

Reactions: lv-gras
Redhat83

Redhat83

Rio:))
Jun 3, 2023
I'm going to make a separate post soon about giving yourself stitches because it's quite intense and I want to make sure I put everything down step by step for safety's sake.
It's really not recommended to give yourself stitches that can be really dangerous especially if you don't know what you're doing. I understand hesitation of going to hospital for financial reasons but people really need to stop discouraging people going to hospital for self harm. If you come to hospital in a sound and calm state of mind needing stitches for self harm they're not going to section you or force you to have counselling you don't even have to tell them its self harm. trust me medical professionals are really not phased by self harm. Its much better to get stitches at hospital and maybe have to see a psychiatrist than to do it yourself possibly get an infection and need it amputated.