• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

gayprince.exe

gayprince.exe

Mar 20, 2018
Hey guys, I'm back to elaborate on how to give yourself stitches! It is recommended that a doctor/ nurse does this but going to the ER with a self inflicted wound will land you in the psych ward. However, I am certified in First Aid and those who are certified are allowed to give stitches. It took me a while but I finally decided not to use pictures to avoid triggering anyone. Hopefully, I will be able to be descriptive enough for you guys to understand what I'm talking about. As a heads up, I will warn you all this is pain staking and generally unpleasant. If you have any questions or need more elaboration, feel free to comment below.

I also wrote in the starter guide for basic first aid. I recommend that you read that post first if you already haven't.

1. Hold on a minute!
    Sometimes, you might not need any stitches at all. To determine this, first stop the bleeding. Take a closer look and if it's deeper than about half a centimeter (don't go sticking a ruler in there though), you need stitches. If it's not as deep, use steri-strips. Clean the wound, apply anti-bacterial cream directly into the cut and then put the steri-strips on. If you don't have any, an alternative is to put the band-aid on sideways to the wound but I seriously recommend that you go out and buy steri-strips because it's much more effective. Put gauze over it, wrap it and try not to move too much.
  2. Uh-oh, it's too deep...
    So you've determined that the cut is too deep. Three obvious signs are that the steri-strips/band aids won't stay, you can obviously see the fat (white) and that the gaping wound is as wide as your forefinger. This is where you need to bring out your sewing kit. Your sewing kit can just contain a sewing needle, thread and rubbing alcohol.
  3. Sterilization is very important!!!
    To begin with, you need to sterilize everything. As you do so, make sure you have some paper towels or a hand towel over the gaping wound to help it stop bleeding. It's super messy and really hard to stitch up if the wound is still very bloody.

First step
    to do is to thread your needle. It's much easier for me because next, what you'll do is dip the threaded needle and the thread in rubbing alcohol.

Second step
    , using your non-dominant hand, hold the wound close. Examine it and determine where the wound starts and where it ends.

Third
    , slowly, using your dominant hand, pierce the needle through one side of the wound and then to the other side starting from one end of the cut. Repeat this as you work along the cut. It shouldn't be too deep because you'll only bleed more but it shouldn't be too shallow or the stitches will pop so very easily. Take your time determining where you'll be piercing the skin. It's not a race and for safety's sake, please go slowly. Some of you may want to bite down on a rag or hand towel but I've found that some people who self harm (including me) don't feel pain as much as others do because our bodies are so used to it. It's scary, I know but that only adds to the fact that you should take your time.

Fourth, Make sure the stitches aren't too far apart from one another. Depending on the thread you use, you can determine how close the stitches are. The thread I use is super strong so they're usually about a centimeter apart. However, you may not have thread that's strong as the one I use so if it's regular thread used for sewing, keep the stitches closer together to lessen the chances of the thread popping. If the thread pops, I'm sorry but you'll have to redo it which is another reason why you should take your time.
  4. Finishing up.
    When you're done stitching, it doesn't mean your job is finished. But don't worry because the worst is over. Over the stitches, apply anti-bacterial cream and place gauze over it. Wrap the gauze around your arm/leg snugly. As it heals, it will do so as if it's not a a gaping wound. Try not to move it too much to avoid popped stitches.
  5. When can I take the stitches out?
    You should always check the color of the wound. A little redness is fine because your skin is irritated to have been further opened by the needle but that should go away soon. If it swells up, take out the threads and check it out. Check for any yellow pus oozing out. If this happens, it means that your cut is infected. In this case, wet a towel with warm water and lay it on the infected cut. Let it sit there for a while and the scab will soften. Take some clean tweezers (you can also use your fingers but I find that using tweezers are more effective) and peel away all the yellow pus. If the cut is completely infected, you will have to reopen your wound. Carefully peel away the soft scabs then clean it, stitch it back up and bandage up as usual.

Other than that, keep your stitches in until the wound is healed. It's going to take a long time but as long as you keep it clean, you should have no complications. When the wound is healed, the thread will actually be easy to pull out. Cut through each stitch carefully and use tweezers to pull them out. It's a weird feeling but at least it's a better feeling than sewing yourself up.
I want you all to be safe but remember, I do not encourage self harm. Yes, I myself self harm and that's my choice. I can't convince anyone to stop because one, that will make me a hypocrite and two, I completely understand why self harmers do what they do. The most I can do is encourage safety.

I really hope I detailed this guide well enough but if you have any questions or comments, please reply to this post and I will help you with whichever point you are having trouble with. Thanks to all who read and replied to my first post.

Last edited:
A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
Feels like a pro lifer trying to keep people alive but doing it in a nice way....Way to go dude :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyanide
gayprince.exe

gayprince.exe

Mar 20, 2018
Feels like a pro lifer trying to keep people alive but doing it in a nice way....Way to go dude
If you read my first post, I elaborated that some people here, including myself, have put off suicide due to personal reasons. To cope with having to live, people usually do drugs, drink, self harm or all of them. I just want to help those who feel they need to be alive because of their own circumstances and cope with self harm should be safe. Heck, this can apply to people who are planning to leave but don't want to deal with infection. I wouldn't call myself a pro-lifer because I myself am suicidal. I just feel that I can't because my baby brother gets upset that I don't even live with him. If I killed myself, where would he end up emotionally? I don't know but I'm not taking the chance that it will turn him into someone cynical when his life is perfect.

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
If you read my first post, I elaborated that some people here, including myself, have put off suicide due to personal reasons. To cope with having to live, people usually do drugs, drink, self harm or all of them. I just want to help those who feel they need to be alive because of their own circumstances and cope with self harm should be safe. Heck, this can apply to people who are planning to leave but don't want to deal with infection. I wouldn't call myself a pro-lifer because I myself am suicidal. I just feel that I can't because my baby brother gets upset that I don't even live with him. If I killed myself, where would he end up emotionally? I don't know but I'm not taking the chance that it will turn him into someone cynical when his life is perfect.

Let me edit my comment.
There.

Reactions: lv-gras and Cyanide
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018

Last edited:
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Jesus. Why do people cut at all if it takes so much effort to clean the mess up.

D

DeletedUser4739

Hey guys, I'm back to elaborate on how to give yourself stitches! It is recommended that a doctor/ nurse does this but going to the ER with a self inflicted wound will land you in the psych ward. However, I am certified in First Aid and those who are certified are allowed to give stitches. It took me a while but I finally decided not to use pictures to avoid triggering anyone. Hopefully, I will be able to be descriptive enough for you guys to understand what I'm talking about. As a heads up, I will warn you all this is pain staking and generally unpleasant. If you have any questions or need more elaboration, feel free to comment below.

I also wrote in the starter guide for basic first aid. I recommend that you read that post first if you already haven't.

1. Hold on a minute!
    Sometimes, you might not need any stitches at all. To determine this, first stop the bleeding. Take a closer look and if it's deeper than about half a centimeter (don't go sticking a ruler in there though), you need stitches. If it's not as deep, use steri-strips. Clean the wound, apply anti-bacterial cream directly into the cut and then put the steri-strips on. If you don't have any, an alternative is to put the band-aid on sideways to the wound but I seriously recommend that you go out and buy steri-strips because it's much more effective. Put gauze over it, wrap it and try not to move too much.
  2. Uh-oh, it's too deep...
    So you've determined that the cut is too deep. Three obvious signs are that the steri-strips/band aids won't stay, you can obviously see the fat (white) and that the gaping wound is as wide as your forefinger. This is where you need to bring out your sewing kit. Your sewing kit can just contain a sewing needle, thread and rubbing alcohol.
  3. Sterilization is very important!!!
    To begin with, you need to sterilize everything. As you do so, make sure you have some paper towels or a hand towel over the gaping wound to help it stop bleeding. It's super messy and really hard to stitch up if the wound is still very bloody.

First step
    to do is to thread your needle. It's much easier for me because next, what you'll do is dip the threaded needle and the thread in rubbing alcohol.

Second step
    , using your non-dominant hand, hold the wound close. Examine it and determine where the wound starts and where it ends.

Third
    , slowly, using your dominant hand, pierce the needle through one side of the wound and then to the other side starting from one end of the cut. Repeat this as you work along the cut. It shouldn't be too deep because you'll only bleed more but it shouldn't be too shallow or the stitches will pop so very easily. Take your time determining where you'll be piercing the skin. It's not a race and for safety's sake, please go slowly. Some of you may want to bite down on a rag or hand towel but I've found that some people who self harm (including me) don't feel pain as much as others do because our bodies are so used to it. It's scary, I know but that only adds to the fact that you should take your time.

Fourth, Make sure the stitches aren't too far apart from one another. Depending on the thread you use, you can determine how close the stitches are. The thread I use is super strong so they're usually about a centimeter apart. However, you may not have thread that's strong as the one I use so if it's regular thread used for sewing, keep the stitches closer together to lessen the chances of the thread popping. If the thread pops, I'm sorry but you'll have to redo it which is another reason why you should take your time.
  4. Finishing up.
    When you're done stitching, it doesn't mean your job is finished. But don't worry because the worst is over. Over the stitches, apply anti-bacterial cream and place gauze over it. Wrap the gauze around your arm/leg snugly. As it heals, it will do so as if it's not a a gaping wound. Try not to move it too much to avoid popped stitches.
  5. When can I take the stitches out?
    You should always check the color of the wound. A little redness is fine because your skin is irritated to have been further opened by the needle but that should go away soon. If it swells up, take out the threads and check it out. Check for any yellow pus oozing out. If this happens, it means that your cut is infected. In this case, wet a towel with warm water and lay it on the infected cut. Let it sit there for a while and the scab will soften. Take some clean tweezers (you can also use your fingers but I find that using tweezers are more effective) and peel away all the yellow pus. If the cut is completely infected, you will have to reopen your wound. Carefully peel away the soft scabs then clean it, stitch it back up and bandage up as usual.

Other than that, keep your stitches in until the wound is healed. It's going to take a long time but as long as you keep it clean, you should have no complications. When the wound is healed, the thread will actually be easy to pull out. Cut through each stitch carefully and use tweezers to pull them out. It's a weird feeling but at least it's a better feeling than sewing yourself up.
I want you all to be safe but remember, I do not encourage self harm. Yes, I myself self harm and that's my choice. I can't convince anyone to stop because one, that will make me a hypocrite and two, I completely understand why self harmers do what they do. The most I can do is encourage safety.

I really hope I detailed this guide well enough but if you have any questions or comments, please reply to this post and I will help you with whichever point you are having trouble with. Thanks to all who read and replied to my first post.
Again, another well written guide. I appreciate your willingness to help others.I don't perceive it as pro-life. I see it as empowering people; it's up to them what they do with the information.

Reactions: lv-gras