Faulisdead

Faulisdead

Feb 9, 2019
i mean, I know I've only been a member for a couple of days, but I was so hoping to find somebody local to cbt with quickly. I mean for Christ's sake, I live in goddamn Seattle, a city that's supposedly notorious for depression and suicides. I keep going in and out of different moods, a tiny bit calm, and then hit extremely hard with suicidal thoughts that make me want to burst into tears no matter where I am. This instability is just so fucked.

Reactions: Final Escape, Jc40, Marawa and 5 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Be patient. Someone might come up. Also take some time while you're waiting to establish yourself here. Takes a lot of trust to have a partner. Even then, it's gone horribly wrong for users in the past.

I'm sorry you're going through all of this and feel defeated.

Reactions: Jc40, Marawa, Addy92 and 5 others
Faulisdead

Faulisdead

Feb 9, 2019
Be patient. Someone might come up. Also take some time while you're waiting to establish yourself here. Takes a lot of trust to have a partner. Even then, it's gone horribly wrong for users in the past.

Thank you for the kind words.
Whats gone wrong for other users in the past?

Reactions: Marawa, 21Neberg, Redt2go and 3 others
TheRiverStyz

TheRiverStyz

Yes, that’s a typo.
Jan 16, 2019
Yeah, so I've learned that finding a partner isn't easy. If you're a new member, you have to post a certain amount before you can send or receive messages from non-mods. As I found out recently as well some people post on the partner thread but for some reason cannot be contacted (no option to pm/write on their profile) so that's kind of annoying.

But yes, take your time, post around a bit. I've actually received some messages out of the blue by people looking for partners just for mentioning where I live in unrelated threads. Best of luck hey.

Reactions: Jc40, Marawa, 21Neberg and 2 others
ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
I didn't even realize you had to post a certain amount before you could send/receive PMs from mods. So much for the shy lurkers.

Reactions: Marawa, Manaaja, Cold and 3 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I didn't even realize you had to post a certain amount before you could send/receive PMs from mods. So much for the shy lurkers.

Post in the game threads to get your message numbers up if you are too shy right now to post in the main forum.

Reactions: Jc40, TheRiverStyz, stellabelle and 3 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well we only have 4800 members worldwide and only a relatively small percentage are active. The site is still pretty new/small. For now you may have to give it some time or be prepared to travel.

Reactions: Marawa, Manaaja, Smilla and 1 other person
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Check the lenghty partners megathread. You might find someone in your area.

Reactions: Marawa and stellabelle
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I gave up. During my years-long search internationally, I got a lot of rejection (not the "right" type of end-of-it-all partner) and exploitation only. Not worth the effort (for me).

• Aww..
Reactions: Jc40 and Marawa
B

Bittersweet

Feb 10, 2019
I still have hope for the partners megathrread!

A

Addy92

Student
Mar 24, 2019

I'd be interested to read stories where it's gone wrong. Care to share some links?

M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
People turning them into police, for one
Really? This makes me feel hopeless. I believe I have a partner but the hardest part for me is once you get to know them, you don't want them to ctb. Now add there are SERIOUSLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE TIME TO STALK US JUST TO TURN US IN!
I already fear I've fallen for an identity scam, no money but my identity. I've met wonderful supportive ppl here too I know for a fact.
is the thread of that scam or any other scam still available (besides Vaughn, 311 guy I did see thru that)

ReadyToFly

ReadyToFly

Jan 30, 2020
That is scary that people can lurk.. or a psycho looking for prey

GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
That is scary that people can lurk.. or a psycho looking for prey
Sociopaths as well. They are here and they are good at getting close to people. I've been a victim to various types of predators on this site twice now.

ReadyToFly

ReadyToFly

Jan 30, 2020
Sociopaths as well. They are here and they are good at getting close to people. I've been a victim to various types of predators on this site twice now.

wow are serious?? I'm so sorry to hear you had to experience that? What happened if you don't mind me asking? You can give the cliff notes version if you'd like.. I just look at it as it would be helpful for others so we don't make the same mistake because I can already see how something like this could go wrong but at this point in my life I am hopeless and desperate... I've reached my wits end

GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
wow are serious?? I'm so sorry to hear you had to experience that? What happened if you don't mind me asking?
He was partnering with two of us at the same time. The other woman posted their plan (along with his username) on the Partners Thread, I saw it and considered myself both enlightened and saved, though it was quite a shock. He had plans with myself and another member at the same time.