J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
I feel like this section of the forum is becoming into more of a general discussion about anything and everything rather than specifically a suicide one.
There are so many threads that aren't even related to suicide or even wanting to die at all in here, like it seems like so many of them are only about self harm as well as just random topics and if people want "help" to continue existing then why can't they just use the recovery section.
I personally find it tiresome seeing so many recovery discussions in here when there is a separate section for that which I ignore as I hate existence and don't even believe in the idea of "recovery". And then on suicide discussion threads I often see these like therapist types trying to push "advice" and the idea that there are other options than ctb.
Like the suicide discussion should be a place to validate people's feelings and respect their choices without pushing the idea of life on them, and if people wish to continue existing then there's the recovery section.

I wish the suicide discussion is a place reserved for those who really want to die to vent about that or discuss suicide methods rather than just a general discussion because it means that people actually posting questions about suicide just get their threads buried.
Like in my opinion it defeats the point of the suicide discussion if it's full of threads that simply aren't that, I feel like the site has changed a lot and it makes it more difficult to find threads which are actually about wanting to die when the site is basically like anywhere else.
This is why I prefer making my own threads these days as I only wish for non-existence, I don't have any interest in pro-lifers or anything "recovery" orientated, only death can bring me peace from this cruel and futile existence, there is nothing desirable about suffering here.
No offence but you have over 30,000 posts with no mention of suicide. You comment on every single post and rant on about how life is so unfair, how much the site is shit, how bad the Mods are in your opinion, Start threads that you never reply to and then complain that this forum is full of irrelevant posts! Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind 😆

• Love
Reactions: FlyAwayHoney, Adûnâi, lopsidedcrawdad1 and 6 others
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
You see, that would be perfect in an ideal world. Unfortunately, sasu already has a reputation thanks to the news and tantacrul picking and choosing what parts to show. I suppose a "methods" section wouldn't be wrong, but I feel there's legal (?) repercussions to pay for it. We'd be showing people "yes we are the pro-death forum you think we are!" even if we weren't.

I like the idea, though. I'd personally be interested in something like that.
I'm sure if the media wants to highlight this they can already do so using the stickied "resources compilation" post. There's also no shortage of various individual methods threads on the forum they can highlight so I doubt a methods section would be much more controversial than what already exists/is readily accessible. I could be wrong but these are my thoughts

Perhaps calling it a "resources section/discussion" could be perceived as more neutral?

In terms of legal repercussions there are already methods posts readily shared on this forum. Consolidating the existing information into its own section will not change the existence of these threads/information.

Likewise, I don't believe sharing information about methods is illegal. It is simply heavily censored and controversial. Only providing physical means to these methods would be considered criminal (e.g., shipping SN with the knowledge that the buyer intends to ctb with it). In most jurisdictions.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and loopdaloop
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I'm sure if the media wants to highlight this they can already do so using the stickied "resources compilation" post. There's also no shortage of various individual methods threads on the forum they can highlight so I doubt a methods section would be much more controversial than what already exists/is readily accessible. I could be wrong but these are my thoughts

Perhaps calling it a "resources section/discussion" could be perceived as more neutral?
Good point, I'm tired and thought with my emotions more than my head, my bad. I am too exhausted to give a good opinion on the matter, but I think you are onto something there. I like the way you think.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Good point, I'm tired and thought with my emotions more than my head, my bad. I am too exhausted to give a good opinion on the matter, but I think you are onto something there. I like the way you think.
All good! I'm speaking entirely in the spirit of collaboration.

All feedback is welcome 🤗
We're building the ship (bus?) as we sail it; as in, this forum

If anyone else has any thoughts, please share. I don't want to add it to the site recommendations unless I know a few other people would (or would not) like to see it

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Adûnâi, loopdaloop, Leavesfromthevine and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
There are ten "I failed at SN" posts for every one that is legitimate.

Pro lifers give up people can't even get SN now, you can stop faking it.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: TheDog_, Adûnâi, Little_Suzy and 1 other person
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
There are ten "I failed at SN" posts for every one that is legitimate.

Agree 100%

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Meditation guide
ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
I think any of us with more than a few months on the forum have zero credibility to challenge anything to be fair.

I'm starting to feel like we are frauds and I suspect a lot of other members look at us and think the same.

If we were serious, why would we be here so long?

As for me, I have obligations to my children that I am trying to fulfill before I ctb. To do that, I will need to live for a few more years. Every day feels like I'm just pretending, trying to make myself look happy and active so that my children can be happy and not worry about me. I envy the people who come on here for a short time, then ctb. It's absolutely true that when the day comes that I have finished my business, I might get scared or sad and have a change of heart. I won't know that until I get there--assuming I make it that long.

I'm thinking this forum wouldn't be a forum without idle chatter. It'd just be a bunch of instructions on how to ctb in various ways and possibly a list of goodbye threads being written into a black hole because nobody would get to know each other.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Jolene79, Adûnâi, the_path_of_sorrows and 5 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I'm thinking this forum wouldn't be a forum without idle chatter. It'd just be a bunch of instructions on how to ctb in various ways and possibly a list of goodbye threads being written into a black hole because nobody would get to know each other.
Hence the existence of the off-topic section. And there is much more to talk about suicide other than methods and goodbye threads. It is okay for threads to derail into different subjects, but to start a thread that is not related to suicide, in the suicide section of the forum, is not.

• Love
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Hence the existence of the off-topic section. And there is much more to talk about suicide other than methods and goodbye threads. It is okay for threads to derail into different subjects, but to start a thread that is not related to suicide, in the suicide section of the forum, is not.
Then report the thread asking for it to be moved instead of making an umpteenth thread that is ironically what is being complained about.

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death, Adûnâi and ohyouknow
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Then report the thread asking for it to be moved instead of making an umpteenth thread that is ironically what is being complained about.
I did, several times throughout my stay in this forum. They were all moved to the off-topic section. It still doesn't solve problem that is the endless creation of threads that don't belong here.

• Love
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I did, several times throughout my stay in this forum. They were all moved to the off-topic section. It still doesn't solve problem that is the endless creation of threads that don't belong here.
Well, what belongs here? I don't think emotional posts and vents belong in the off-topic section. The whole ethos of this forum is to be able to be negative without being shut down in the way you generally are in the wider world. Being accommodating towards those feelings is one of the unique qualities of this website, beyond just facilitating your demise.

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death, Jolene79 and Adûnâi
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
I think there are a lot of suicide-adjacent topics that are not really so much directly relating to suicide (e.g., self harm as you mentioned; topics surrounding what happens afterwards, venting, etc.).

These topics are definitely related to suicide but are indirect compared to methods.

They're definitely unsuitable for the recovery section and the off-topic section seems more to do with politics, music, gaming, etc.

I wonder if we would benefit from a "suicide discussion" alongside a "suicide methods" sections? I think having the two lumped together oversaturates the methods with the adjacent content.

If anyone else likes this idea let me know and il submit it to the site recommendations.
if it was possible to make a dedicated section for purely technical method discussions it would have been so much more efficient for anyone who's browsing the site only for gathering info for their plans but as @Abyssal said it would serve as ammunition for the press to permanently shut down the site because I think that a method section would lean too much into supposedly "pro-death" talk and it might be too risky to have it without the venting and life advice alongside it like we have currently. But it's a good suggestion, just not feasible... unless the admins decide to completely take this site off the clearnet and have it only on tor?

• Love
Reactions: Jolene79, Adûnâi and Rhizomorph1
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
well, when you have questions about a specific method you are interested in you can ask and start a thread. Imo a lot has been discussed about methods already and there are very many threads. But starting a new one is never a problem
The thing that makes me personally despair in my ability ever to accomplish suicide is that I live in this weird half-Russian country called the Ukraine. I feel like an alien on this forum - and frankly, any other community. Because I'm not culturally Ukrainian, I'm culturally autistic and clueless about the world.

I wish I could die when shot by a cute female school shooter lmao. Chemical substances are forbidden to be mailed in the Ukraine, if I read the TOS correctly. And what other ways are there? Ask drug dealers at Knockturn Alley?

If we were serious, why would we be here so long?
Ditto, just like the lolcow hunters on that one famous forum whose name escapes me have called @FuneralCry as! I myself am painfully aware of my own "fraudster" status - no wonder incels on their forum routinely call me a fakecel. But then again, I have the courtesy of not posting here in the main section to begin with - especially that I am naturally inclined to seek less crowded spaces, so the off-topic is probably the way to go.

Ironically, it's a dead horse, it's not interesting. Imagine listening to a song that is the same note over and over again, not many people will care for it. Places and things evolve, such is an immutable aspect of reality that you hate so much.
What about new members joining? I'm permanently out of the loop, for one.

Unfortunately, sasu already has a reputation thanks to the news and tantacrul picking and choosing what parts to show.
Do people still care about that YouTuber? Are normies that vile? Holy hell, I don't understand their disgusting minds. Because for me, the most natural thing in the world is to assume the common denominator to be a shit bag of lies, and look deeper (without delving into conspiracy theories, by the way).

Do you mean SN is harder to get, or that people are too stupid? I'm sorry, I'm a perpetual idiot.

I don't think emotional posts and vents belong in the off-topic section. The whole ethos of this forum is to be able to be negative without being shut down in the way you generally are in the wider world.
Is this true, however? I have the impression that I still cannot candidly speak my mind here because free speech is for the incels forum. Not that it's important to me - I don't want to offend actually unfortunate people.

But just as on the incel forum I cannot talk about my sexual fetishes, neither here I may talk about my view of women. Hated by both communities.

• Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop and Praestat_Mori
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
This is really annoying now.

Alot of what people post about is linked to their suicidality and here at least they can say something about that part rather than anywhere else where it's a blanket shutting down of any mention of it.

There are people posting here months down the line because most people I imagine don't actually want to be dead. They simply want to suffer no longer or feel terrified of what's coming. I know that's true for me.

There's no easy way out of this for alot people, even those desperate for it to end. I've said it before but there is no other place to be open like this. Recovery isn't appropriate for me nor many others. We may still be alive but are definitely not recovered.
Well, what belongs here? I don't think emotional posts and vents belong in the off-topic section. The whole ethos of this forum is to be able to be negative without being shut down in the way you generally are in the wider world. Being accommodating towards those feelings is one of the unique qualities of this website, beyond just facilitating your demise.
This.

The ethos of this forum is exactly that. There is nowhere else you can vent so honestly about socially unacceptable issues! My issues are probably high up there in the socially ' acceptable ' category but even in my horror situation I would not be able to say I want to die, anyone else in a position like mine. I also see so many young people on here who I absolutely believe are in the depths but it's not a guarantee they are at a point of no return. Coming here to vent, to be accepted and supported is huge and actually helps people.

Not all suicidal people are on a death wish! Most people want any way out of suffering and would probably prefer not to go through the absolute hell of trying to end it with such precarious outcomes or chances of failure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, katagiri83, Life_and_Death and 2 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think people completely missed the point of what I was saying but each to their own.

I was just saying that I feel anyone, myself included with more than a few months here on the forum has zero credibility or basis to challenge the status quo. I didn't say anyone needs to leave or anything. Nor did I suggest anyone was not true to themselves.

• Love