• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
I'll be 21 in May, and I feel so old already. I know there are lots of older people here who will tell me I'm super young, I however do not feel that way. I suppose age is relative to the circumstances. To someone who is 15, 21 might seem super old. To someone who is 30, 21 might seem really young. Also, I supposed 21 is a young age to die? It doesn't really feel like to me. Like, to me someone who is young is when your age is universally viewed as youthful. 15 or 17 is viewed as young to most ages. Really, I think dying at 17 would have been best for me. Especially considering I could own a gun for sure back then. Does anyone else feel this way?

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I would have liked to die ages ago. And I value youth immensely. I want nothing to do with old or middle age, it's a curse. If I'm still here by 30, I'll be ashamed of myself.

Reactions: makethepainstop
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I feel old and like I have existed for far too long and I'm 22. I find it so horrific the thought of ageing and being here for potentially many more decades, I cannot and don't want to imagine it. I really should have left a while ago, I hate the fact how I have managed to stay here for this long.

But it really is annoying to me when much older people see this age as being young, no I've been here for way too many years and 22 years is way more than enough, I'm so tired of it all. The most ideal thing would have been to have never existed at all, in my case it certainly would have been for the best if I left this world as soon as possible.

F

FoxtrotEternal

Jul 4, 2022
I'll be 21 in May, and I feel so old already. I know there are lots of older people here who will tell me I'm super young, I however do not feel that way. I suppose age is relative to the circumstances. To someone who is 15, 21 might seem super old. To someone who is 30, 21 might seem really young. Also, I supposed 21 is a young age to die? It doesn't really feel like to me. Like, to me someone who is young is when your age is universally viewed as youthful. 15 or 17 is viewed as young to most ages. Really, I think dying at 17 would have been best for me. Especially considering I could own a gun for sure back then. Does anyone else feel this way?
Part of the issue may be our youth-obsessed society, assuming you live in the USA. Tremendous emphasis is placed on adolescence and young adulthood. Yet, young adults don't acquire equal political representation in the USA until they are 35. We don't receive federal protection from ageist practices until 40. Fortunately, feeling "old" is independent of functional capacity and scientific data. Utilizing "old" in this manner also implies that "old" is "bad," and with ageism being a severe issue, it is best to decouple that meaning to achieve equality. Do note that age and aging are distinctly separate.
21 is not a young age to die. Humans routinely die at all ages. The causes of death tend to differ by grouping, with the three primary causes of death for everyone approximately 35 and under being unintentional accidents, suicide, and homicide.
Yes, I would have liked to die ages ago. And I value youth immensely. I want nothing to do with old or middle age, it's a curse. If I'm still here by 30, I'll be ashamed of myself.
Hopefully, you will feel ashamed because you did not follow through with a plan instead of an incorrect notion about age and the aging process. I also plan not to survive into middle age, but I intend to complete my Ph. D.s before then. If I hadn't been born with a chronic illness, perhaps I would succeed in becoming an astronaut. Either way, I want off this damn planet. I'm saddened and disgusted by the hate and willingness to discriminate. Seeing ageism in action terrifies me further. It is often unrecognized and promoted as just or righteous. The existence of it on this website without repercussions was shocking and may result in my exit from the forum.
I feel old and like I have existed for far too long and I'm 22. I find it so horrific the thought of ageing and being here for potentially many more decades, I cannot and don't want to imagine it. I really should have left a while ago, I hate the fact how I have managed to stay here for this long.

But it really is annoying to me when much older people see this age as being young, no I've been here for way too many years and 22 years is way more than enough, I'm so tired of it all. The most ideal thing would have been to have never existed at all, in my case it certainly would have been for the best if I left this world as soon as possible.
22 is part of the developmental stage of humans, so objectively, young is likely an apt word. Are you familiar with antinatalism? I regularly see thoughts reminiscent of it and other similar philosophies on this platform.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I felt like that when I was your age. Now I'd say I was old- I'm 43 but my Dad thinks I'm young- he's in his 70's.

Yes, it's all relative. It's kind of annoying when people say you shouldn't feel a certain way though- when you clearly do. For me- I felt old at that age because I hadn't achieved what I wanted to by then. I was stuck in a wage slave job part time while I tried to fulfill a creative dream. I'm heading back to that very same place at the moment! I've wanted out since age 10 though...

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
21 is objectively young no matter how it feels. Just judging by the statistics we will all be here in 9 years when you turn 30 so use this time wisely.

emptybox

emptybox

Nov 27, 2022
I'm stuck in a weird mental situation expecting myself to be an 11 year old still, so even 20 felt "too old" to me, ha ha. Now I'm even older...

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
22 is part of the developmental stage of humans, so objectively, young is likely an apt word. Are you familiar with antinatalism? I regularly see thoughts reminiscent of it and other similar philosophies on this platform
Yes. Antinatalist views make so much sense so no wonder you see thoughts reminiscent of it. Existence is something harmful so of course it's never beneficial to bring life here, in fact it's always the exact opposite. I very strongly believe that nobody should ever procreate.

Reactions: Source Energy
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I've experienced and achieved more than most people I know and I'm in my mid 20s while most of my friends are 30-55 years old. I feel old and as if there's nothing else to life. I feel too old to marry and have kids, and I hope that's not the case.

F

FoxtrotEternal

Jul 4, 2022
Yes. Antinatalist views make so much sense so no wonder you see thoughts reminiscent of it. Existence is something harmful so of course it's never beneficial to bring life here, in fact it's always the exact opposite. I very strongly believe that nobody should ever procreate.
Sorry, but no. Antinatalist views do not objectively "make so much sense." Your philosophies and subjective assertions are not universal or scientific.
I've experienced and achieved more than most people I know and I'm in my mid 20s while most of my friends are 30-55 years old. I feel old and as if there's nothing else to life. I feel too old to marry and have kids, and I hope that's not the case.
The average age for parenthood (in the USA) is 30+. There is no such thing as being too old to marry or have children. The only requirement is retaining the necessary biological functionality and your willingness to seek a mate.

Last edited:
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
21 ***is*** young! I know I'm 40, but my age tells me this is the truth, since I'm twice your age but still have half my life to go. Another massive 40 years. You have 60 left!! That makes you very young. Only a quarter through life.