• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

tryingmybest

tryingmybest

Feb 4, 2022
Exam season is happening and I feel nothing whilst sitting my exams. These exams are important and I've been working 2 years learning 3 different subjects. But, when I go into the exam I feel completely blank. I have no motivation to study. I have no goals and no ambitions. I know i'm fucking up my future but I really do not care. Everyone around me is trying so hard to get good grades. They keep emphasising the fact that they're important. But i really just don't care. I just can't even get my self to care. Anyone else like this with exams? Call this laziness if you want idk

Embalmer

Embalmer

Apr 29, 2023
I'm the exact same way, even though I'm in college now and can't afford to fail these classes I genuinely can't bring myself to care or study anymore. I think personally I'm at the point where whatever happens, happens. If I mess up and ruin my future oh well, I probably won't be around to see it anyway so it doesn't really matter to me. I wouldn't say it's laziness, a lack of academic motivation is super common and can come out of nowhere tbh whether there's a reason behind it or not. School is incredibly hard and definitely isn't for everyone and other options exist, or taking a gap year could be another possibility too until you feel more motivated and come up with a goal for yourself. I wish you the best of luck and know that you're doing your best <3

• Love
Reactions: Red Desert
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I know it's tough but take it from somebody who made the same mistake. You don't want to shit where you eat, as they say. You can't take for granted that you'll CTB and you don't want to be stuck repairing self-inflicted damage down the line.

merebaisdead

merebaisdead

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Hi, I know I'm late but I hope you're doing better now. Last year I was in the exact same position as you now, I knew I was going to fail my A levels and what did it matter anyway because I was going to ctb regardless. Fast forward to results day, and it was the worst day of my life. The combination of my life situation and my results pushed me to the edge, and resulted in an attempt. Unfortunately, I was caught by my brother. I used 'unfortunately' as since then my life hasn't really changed for better or worse instead it just stagnated.

I took a gap year, applied for resits, and am now awaiting my results again. What I'm trying to say is to take your time. I'm not sure of your personal situation but, take as much time out of education as you need to and focus on getting better. Those 2 years were the worst out of my 19 years on this earth, and by taking a year out, I finally am starting to feel somewhat like myself again.

Yes I struggled, I still am, funnily enough I'm still committed on ctb. But, it's important to not fuck up your chances in life because you may never actually ctb. You'll just have bad job prospects whilst being suicidal, instead of having good prospects and being suicidal.

I cried to your post, it reminded me so much of me I just had to respond. I know exactly how rough it is, and I feel for you. I really do. I hope you're in a better place now, or have found peace. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: tryingmybest