TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I would like to have girl like you. Having someone to care about is a dream come true for a man. I would finally be the way all man should be.
Thank you, it's a very sweet reply.

Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I have almost always been behind my peers in terms of life experiences and the maturity that it brings, but I think the most frustrating thing is that I've regressed in many ways. I was much more together in my late teens and early 20s and could at least be independent to a degree even while being depressed. Now in my late 20s the thought of being independent like that again honestly scares me a little which is ridiculous.

• Hugs
Reactions: justwhy? and Élégie
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
I can really relate to folks talking about not being able to cope with 9-5 work. I've been white knuckling it for decades, riddled with anxiety and depression from work and struggling with it. How I've never had an actual breakdown I'll never know. The fact that my situation means I'll never probably be able to afford to stop working is my main reason for CTB. The latest job I've just started is a horror and I think I'll have to quit in the first week and go back to my old also crappy job. I'll never know how normies seem to cope with the 9-5. My troubles largely stem from bullying over schoolwork from my stepfather, but I know even all these years later they'll never leave me. And the job market and work in general have become ever harsher through my lifetime to make things worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and Essence
A

Abood95

Jul 1, 2019
24 Lived through hell from childhood.
Am I gonna live another 50-60 years through unimaginable pain or will I finally have the courage to end it all?

• Hugs
Reactions: Mizzmini45, Élégie and Essence
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
Yes, I feel like Peter Pan and I'm 32 years old. I'm able to do some basic things like drive but life overall and especially adulthood seems way too complicated.

There's even a psychological term for this:

Reactions: Essence
Essence

Essence

Nothingness is the beginning of Everything.
Nov 7, 2019
I totally get what you're all saying. I'm 50 now and I don't feel like I ever developed the ability to deal with everyday life. I haven't had a regular 9-to-5 job since I was in my 20s and the last time I did have one, I had a major nervous break down and ended up on disability. Then when I met my husband and married him, he had a consulting business that I helped him with, so I could do most things on my own time at my own pace and work from home. That's the only way I seem to be able to do a job is if the job adapts to me. There's no way I can adapt to a job without it causing me to eventually have a mental break down and become suicidal. When my husband passed away, the business died with him because his skills were the business. Therefore, if I went back to work now, I would have to go back to a 9-to-5 job outside the house and there's just no way I can do that. I'm not mentally or physically able to work at this point outside of the house. Right now I'm just living on money that he left me when he passed away, but it's not enough for me to live on for the rest of my life (if I were to live a natural lifetime rather than ctb).
I feel like I'm too old to start over again and I don't feel like I should have to at the age of 50. My natural life is more than half over with. I feel like it's way too late to start over and I have no reason to start over or keep going. I'd much rather just fade away and not have to deal with any of the constant bullshit you have to keep dealing with in order to be alive.

i've always been puzzled too by how normal people function the way they do. I feel like everyone else seems to have some secret knowledge of how to survive and live a normal life that I somehow didn't get.
You hit the nail on the head :heart:

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow