• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
Back when I actually played board games my favorite was Betrayal At House On The Hill
Basically exploring this procedurally generated mansion and working together, but at a certain point one of your players turns into a villain and has to try to prevent everyone else from winning
It was really fun
But its probably been something like over 10 years since I actually got to play it... or any board game, really

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I love strategy board games, but I highlight Risk, because it was the first one I played and it was also the only one we had in my house for a long time hahaha, At least me and my siblings liked them a lot to the point we bought other editions or "re-skins", there came a point where our mother asked us "Aren't you tired of buying the same game?", I would like a Risk reeskin based on Darksiders or Rockman X, dream is free :B.

Playing cards based games aside, I think the only card game that I have played a lot it's YGO, since I was 5 enjoy both the game and the series, but I didn't like the pace the game took, so I distanced myself a little from it a few years ago, I constantly return. Frankly speaking I have enjoyed offline video games like Tag Forces a little more, but it's dead, it's a shame because many of my favorite archetypes are not in the latest installment (Tri-Brigade, Aromage, Witchcraft...)

heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
I've never been a big board game person but I do really like Clue!

Reactions: Endex
Brew

Brew

Professional Jaywalker
Nov 8, 2021
What's your favourite board/card game?

Mine has to be Ticket to Ride!
...I've never heard of that game before, what's it like?
Wonder how many peeps would join if we threw together a small game of Cards Against Humanity, since it seems like the only one with plenty of sites to play online!

Reactions: Endex and CutMyLip
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
I'm not much of a board game guy but I do enjoy Monopoly. I also have the Game of Life on my phone and would probably enjoy the IRL version of it.

Card games really only Yu-Gi-Oh ever caught and held my interest. All the decks I actually like are pretty decidedly not meta (Toons, Blue-Eyes, Inzektor are a few examples) but that's OK because I hate Ishizu Tear so have no interest in the meta currently.

Tried some other TCGs, Pokemon, Magic, Duel Masters, Digimon, but they don't have the same apple to me.

I also play Uno and Cards Against Humanity to kill time sometimes, but they aren't my favorites.

Edit:

I just remembered Farkle. I very much enjoy it but haven't played it super often.

Last edited:
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
about card games:
time ago, it was MTG, but when the reprint policy is "don't fuck with the vendors/hoarders", sooner or later there will be problems with the card accessibility accessibility in some game modes. some formats died (or died faster) because that. And along legacy format death, my interest on the game started to fall until my left 2/3 years later.

I liked Hearthstone too, but not at the same level (plus i don't Blizzard nor pay to wyn and pay to fast games)

About board games, i have good memories of catan and terraforning mars.

RN, sadly, i don't play any card/board game.

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
Not quite a board game but I feel like Jenga can find it's way onto a shelf that otherwise is only full of boardgames so it must be close enough.

M

Mixxd

chillin
Dec 6, 2022
Monopoly just cause of the memories of playing it with my family as a kid

CutMyLip

CutMyLip

Dec 5, 2022
DnD, although I'm not sure that it counts. If it doesn't, I'd have to say Settlers of Catan or Monopoly.

Reactions: MellowAvenue
violetday

violetday

🖤
Nov 30, 2022
Wow so many good ones.

My favorite of all time is clue. Ticket to ride as op mentioned is also a really fun game. I also love the card game rummy.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
As a child, I used to love 'Haunted Wood.' Not sure why- it wasn't all that exciting. I loved the illustrations though. They were spooky in a good way.

Also loved 'Splish Splash' because it had this cool model that was powered by water. (Similar set tup to 'Mouse Trap' for those who remember it...)

• Hugs
M

mousepadkeyboard223

Dec 24, 2022
Monopoly has been up there for me, mostly because of memories.

Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I don't really have a specific one but games involving cards like Uno.

Me and my grandma used to play card games like memory, war, and poker.

I remember as a kid I liked this other card game called Apple to apples - it's a 4-10 player game though and I could never find enough people.