• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
Mine is red. Most people associate it with anger and/or love, but I associate it with stillness and peace, of being alone but still having faith in oneself, as weird as that sounds.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Olive green, like a 4" shag carpet, or a putrescent wound
Olive green, like a 4" shag carpet, or a putrescent wound
And here's my result for the aura quiz;
That is crazy that it turned out almost exactly. Neat!

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Ruma
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Gold usually represents riches, royalty, success, and also the sun. I think since it's such a precious metal in the real world we will mostly associate this color with currency and influence, but to me it can be a greedy and overindulgent color as well. I don't typically see people or works of art associating it with negative meanings but I think people who are obsessed with material riches and "gold" can be pretty negative.
@sserafim
Gold does not tarnish (association with gods and immortality), is very soft and ductile (can be beaten into gold leaf or minting images on coins), and very dense and easy to recognize.
Possible association with solar deities but requires more anthropological research.
It's absent of light

Color isn't real, we just perceive it is.

Thats a perfect example of what i was trying to explain the other day about perception being deceptive.

Our eyes and ears give our brain information that isn't true.

This leads down a rabbit hole when looking for what is real. What is actually true?

Since our brain receives electronic signals it's like a computer. It processes information and can store information (memories) so could we be in the matrix?

Could it be possible the information we have personally found could be uploaded somewhere? 🤔 memories are stored in a device (our brain) since electronic signals have created them, Could the creator of a matrix view our memories?

This raises more troublesome questions. Since we're manipulated to believe what we see and what we hear is absolute truth, when in fact it isn't as colour and sound don't exist in the physical world, what else could we be manipulated to believe?

If the electronic signals our brain receives can be uploaded. What would stop our brains from being able to download information? How can we be certain our thoughts are actually our thoughts?

Have you ever thought about things at random? Have you ever got a song you haven't heard in years suddenly get stuck in your head?

If so you didn't choose to experience that, you had no choice over it. Could someone be trying to annoy us?
You often hear people saying they didn't know what they were doing or why. What if they're actually right?
So in regards to the color question, I guess it also depends on if you are talking about additive or subtractive color. Screens are adaptive emoting light. Paper is subtractive absorbing certain wavelengths. Philosophers hold the same idea as scientists about white being the combination of all colors and black the absence. In art, black is a combination of all colors (think mixing paints) and white is the devoid or the absence of color (think blank canvas or sheet of paper) but in philosophy or science, black is the absence colors (outer space) and white is the combination of all colors (light)

White is the combination of all colors of light in the ratio that our sun emits. But pigments work by absorbing light, so a perfect combination of all pigments would absorb all light, and the absence of reflected light would be black. Artists paint with pigments so they think in terms of absorption.
Philosophers in historic times had better access to pigments that could easily be combined than to colored light sources that could easily be combined...

When light interacts with an object, certain wavelengths of light are absorbed and others are reflected or transmitted.

If one defines colors as existing within the visible range to the human eye, then one could say that the number of colors is finite because to colors that are separated by less than a Planck constant in energy/momentum/wavelength could be said to be the same. However, if one does not restrict color to what the human eye can see, then there could be said to be an infinite number of "colors".

Subatomic particles do not have any colors on their own, but electron in an orbital has a characteristic transition energy which equates to color. Protons and neutrons have similar energy levels but would be gamma ray in color.
Thinking about colors I also like other colors, green, red, yellow. I don't think I have that one or 2 absolute favorite colors. Maybe it depends on my mood.
Oh, that's interesting 🤔 👍
It's absent of light

Color isn't real, we just perceive it is.

Thats a perfect example of what i was trying to explain the other day about perception being deceptive.

Our eyes and ears give our brain information that isn't true.

This leads down a rabbit hole when looking for what is real. What is actually true?

Since our brain receives electronic signals it's like a computer. It processes information and can store information (memories) so could we be in the matrix?

Could it be possible the information we have personally found could be uploaded somewhere? 🤔 memories are stored in a device (our brain) since electronic signals have created them, Could the creator of a matrix view our memories?

This raises more troublesome questions. Since we're manipulated to believe what we see and what we hear is absolute truth, when in fact it isn't as colour and sound don't exist in the physical world, what else could we be manipulated to believe?

If the electronic signals our brain receives can be uploaded. What would stop our brains from being able to download information? How can we be certain our thoughts are actually our thoughts?

Have you ever thought about things at random? Have you ever got a song you haven't heard in years suddenly get stuck in your head?

If so you didn't choose to experience that, you had no choice over it. Could someone be trying to annoy us?
You often hear people saying they didn't know what they were doing or why. What if they're actually right?
Look up Mantis Shrimp and their visible color spectrum.
Some animals like Caribou can see in ultraviolet.

We can't see dark matter but we can observe (and more importantly measure) its effects. We can't see radiation and microwaves but we can manipulate them…
It likely just didn't aide our survival in our biological development. As car as we know, plants don't have a sense of taste…

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Gold usually represents riches, royalty, success, and also the sun. I think since it's such a precious metal in the real world we will mostly associate this color with currency and influence, but to me it can be a greedy and overindulgent color as well. I don't typically see people or works of art associating it with negative meanings but I think people who are obsessed with material riches and "gold" can be pretty negative.
Oh nice. What about silver?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
For gold: cultural values through time -- again this is as much anthropology and history -- what do we see as beauty and value? not a simple question. BUT Gold and Diamond seem to hold sway over time

Aesthetic values aside it had plenty of practical use. It was the practical use that stemmed from physical properties of gold.

Things have value because they are recognized as having value by collective social consciousness. NFT's and precious metals only have value because people are willing to buy them. Some things, like food and other "commodities" do have inherent value. Things can also have value by being directly useful, such as a knife or a net or food or medicine.
For indirect value the statement is correct.
NFTs & precious metals (except those used by industry) are luxury goods and get value from stories about them.

I can go into much greater detail on the subject of gold (the metal) but this is probably the wrong thread to do that as you're simply discussing the color itself.

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Turquoise- like tropical shallow water. I love the light blue they used to use on lidos. I love green too. I prefer cooler colours but lighter shades.

Reactions: BrainShower