• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I personally believe that everything that happens in our lives is predetermined. I don't necessarily connect it to any deity, but I think we are living in some sort of simulated world. What do you guys think?

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
In the end, even a simulation would be pointless. I mean, you can entertain the most epic fantasy tale in your mind even if you're a deity, but what's it for, in the very end?

It's just entertainment. Something that omniscient beings wouldn't really need: a story whose ending is already known to them

Also, there are so many lives that end up wasted in their early days that it's not possible to believe in the fairy tale of destiny for a split second.

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I go to church occasionally and was an alter boy when I was younger, but I never really felt a connection to the church. I think religion will eventually be phased out by science. I've read the bible and some other religious texts and a lot of the things mentioned in there don't make sense to me. I just think they were meant to give people hope and guidance when there was nothing else in difficult situations. I'm just confused and trying to make sense of why horrible things happen in this world and just wanted to see what other people thought about it.

D

Deleted member 847

I think our awareness is the basis of reality and the universe is just the reflection of ourselves. Some people will say this is nonsense because If you kill all the animals in the universe you still have a universe, and the universe existed before the animals, but this could be explained by the hypothesis of a universal consciousness that exists outside of space and time. I mean even if you're a materialist you still have to believe that something always existed.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I have no reason to believe in fate and destiny. Where is the evidence supporting the existence of such phenomena?

That being said, nothing is impossible to me. Heck, if you told me you believe we live in some fictional world created by someone psycho asshole, I would ask why you think of that as a possibility.

C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
I'm not religious but sometimes I feel like things are predetermined as well. For example, I'm more than likely to have high blood pressure when I'm older no matter what I do because every single person in both of my parents family has high blood pressure. Non physical things as well. I didn't go to university because I'm a good student. I went to university because of the environment I grew up in, my parents, my teacher etc......

Reactions: dano6533 and azeton
skyofAuroras

skyofAuroras

Student
Apr 10, 2018
Truthfully I don't think anything is destined or predetermined. A lot of the times, things happen for no reason (or reasons we can't explain/ understand) and we just have to deal with the effects. Even if life is predetermined by some sort of unseen force it wouldn't really matter. Life would just keep going.

Reactions: dano6533
PsychoPyro

PsychoPyro

Chronic Pain
Jun 7, 2018
I personally believe that everything that happens in our lives is predetermined. I don't necessarily connect it to any deity, but I think we are living in some sort of simulated world. What do you guys think?
I forget where I heard this analogy, but it's something like this:

If you push a ball down the ramp, if you somehow know every bit of matter that exists in the ball/ramp/surrounding area and what its exact state is, you know whether or not it will reach the end with 100% certainty. If you throw a basketball, and you somehow know all the air drag, speed of the ball, rotation of the ball, hoop location, everything like that, you know where the ball will go and whether or not it will go into the hoop.

If you know every proton, every neutron, every election, every wave of light, every sound, every bit of movement, everything, then you can predict every event in the universe provided they follow the ruleset of this universe (laws of physics, etc.)

Any closed operation when forced to follow certain rules will only be affected by what is inside the operation, aka the universe. This means everything that happens can be predicted based on the starting conditions of the universe.