• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020

Description

A man in his mid-20s called Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to report that he ingested 25 g of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. The paramedics found the patient somnolent with systolic blood pressure 110 mm Hg, heart rate 130 bpm, oxygen saturation 79% with notable cyanosis and diaphoresis. EMS reported a scale and white powder at the scene. He was intubated after a tonic-clonic seizure, developed ventricular fibrillation, defibrillated at 200 J, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) was initiated as the cardiac rhythm degraded to pulseless electrical activity. Intravenous medications administered included 2.5 mg epinephrine 1:10 000, 1 g calcium chloride, 100 mEq sodium bicarbonate 8.4% and 5 g hydroxocobalamin.

The patient was transported to the emergency department (ED) with ongoing CPR. On hospital arrival in the ambulance bay, the paramedics were given 100 mg methylene blue to administer intravenously as they did not have the antidote in their ambulance. During the primary survey in the ED, he was in asystole, with end-tidal CO2 12 mm Hg and blue-grey discolouration of the skin. The patient received intravenous 2 mg epinephrine, 1 g calcium chloride, 50 mEq sodium bicarbonate 8.4%, 50 mg methylene blue and 125 mL intralipid. Arterial blood gas was obtained with notable brown-black appearance (figure 1) and pH 7.03, PCO2 87 mm Hg, PaO22 mm Hg, bicarbonate 22 mmol/L, lactate 30 mmol/L. The haemoglobin was 12.4 g/dL with 28.8% methaemoglobin (reference range 0.4%–1.5%). Resuscitation was ceased 50 min after the initial arrest. Postmortem-combined nitrate and nitrite level was 5300 µmol/L (reference range 0–53) and autopsy revealed brown discolouration of muscle tissue consistent with methaemoglobinemia (figure 2).

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Mary5689, hellispink, LADY007 and 12 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I wonder if he was a SaSu member. 🤔

• Love
Reactions: Mary5689, LADY007, Malcolm Yarfa and 2 others
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019

Description

A man in his mid-20s called Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to report that he ingested 25 g of sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt. The paramedics found the patient somnolent.
By the time the paramedic arrived the guy was somnolent (sleepy; drowsy.)
He was intubated after a tonic-clonic seizure, developed ventricular fibrillation, defibrillated at 200 J, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) was initiated as the cardiac rhythm degraded to pulseless electrical activity. Intravenous medications administered included 2.5 mg epinephrine 1:10 000, 1 g calcium chloride, 100 mEq sodium bicarbonate 8.4% and 5 g hydroxocobalamin.
In the ambulance he had a seizure and his heart's electrical activity began to fail.
The patient was transported to the emergency department (ED) with ongoing CPR. On hospital arrival in the ambulance bay, the paramedics were given 100 mg methylene blue to administer intravenously as they did not have the antidote in their ambulance. During the primary survey in the ED, he was in asystole, with end-tidal CO2 12 mm Hg and blue-grey discolouration of the skin.
Basically the guy was DOA when he got to the hospital. Asystole means flatline, cessation of electrical and mechanical activity of the heart, despite being give methylene blue.
Resuscitation was ceased 50 min after the initial arrest.
They couldn't revive him even after being give methylene blue. I can't believe they tried for 50 minutes damn.

• Informative
Reactions: drainganggggg, hellispink, LADY007 and 11 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Rest in peace. I envy those who are successful so much, they are lucky as they cannot suffer anymore.

• Love
Reactions: TheDruBo, sapphoslastpoem, drainganggggg and 5 others
S

swanlife

Oct 5, 2022
Doesn't sound peaceful again :/

• Wow
Reactions: releasespieces and jessisme
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Am I the only one annoyed by this? Why take a lethal dose and then call EMS? I understand SI but if you aren't 100% sure and ready, then don't take it! Once you decide to, I think you should destroy (or at least power off) your phone and take it. There were probably people who wanted to live (or at least needed that ambulance to help them) but this joker took it. Go ahead and hate on me, but this is just irresponsible.

• Hmph!
Reactions: venomousSSërpent74, sheepgirl, LADY007 and 6 others
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Am I the only one annoyed by this? Why take a lethal dose and then call EMS? I understand SI but if you aren't 100% sure and ready, then don't take it! Once you decide to, I think you should destroy (or at least power off) your phone and take it. There were probably people who wanted to live (or at least needed that ambulance to help them) but this joker took it. Go ahead and hate on me, but this is just irresponsible.
He probably changed his mind last minute, the damn survival instincts. For me, I'm going to make sure I don't have my phone when I do it.

• Love
Reactions: venomousSSërpent74, Mary5689, LADY007 and 6 others
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
I get where you are coming from and agree…..

As humans we are bound to panic when pain kicks in, so should of got rid of his phone (unless someone rang them for him??)

Reactions: LittleBlackCat
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Doesn't sound peaceful again :/
Dying is messy and seizure can be a symptom of hypoxia, which is how SN kills you. I almost guarantee you this guy was unconscious once he was in the ambulance and keep in mind that life saving measures in a hospital setting will aggravate symptoms as well. All in all this case is pretty standard of what to expect. Once you get to the point of seizures and atrial fibrillation you're probably unconscious or soon will be.
I mean sure that's a logical stance to take, but when someone is aware they're literally dying I could never be mad at them for calling for help. SI is very real and can throw logic right out the window. Have some compassion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sapphoslastpoem, Mary5689, hellispink and 13 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Why take a lethal dose and then call EMS?
This happens in a lot of chemical CTB reports (N, SN, etc), is very common, interesting isn't it?

Reactions: sapphoslastpoem and Mofreeko
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I actually find this post somewhat rather comforting. I think those of us scared that their Nitrite won't work and that we'll fail will find this a good read. It reminds us that SN is deadly and can kill us.

• Love
Reactions: venomousSSërpent74, Jarni, Le_Dauphin and 2 others
I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
I don't think it's that weird. "Pulling the trigger" on ingesting, you're not instantly gone and your brain knows it is about to die, and all logic is out like mofreeko says. Any method that gives you an "out" is prone to this I think. Someone who blew their brains out, or someone mid fall, or even someone dangling from a full suspension rope won't be able to call EMS. Maybe the jumper could if it's high enough.

There are outliers of course, like LetzteAusfahrt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wasabi, Jadzia, jessisme and 1 other person
botch3d

botch3d

Student
Sep 17, 2022
I mean he probably wanted to die but when your heart starts pounding hard your lips turn blue and you throw up everywhere while almost passing out you probably can panic real quick

Reactions: sapphoslastpoem, hellispink, releasespieces and 4 others
J

Jadzia

Name is from Star Trek. I'm not from E. Europe
May 8, 2019
Thanks for posting

Reactions: donealready
L

Le_Dauphin

Dec 2, 2021
I believe our bodies were designed by millions of years of evolution to overrun any logical reasons we believe we have to want to die in the moment we are actually dying. I know I'll go through that as well, no matter how utterly repulsive I find my own life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, sapphoslastpoem, releasespieces and 3 others
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I don't quite understand it either. I plan to turn my phone all the way off and throw it under my bed.

I'm also going to do it in the bathtub in the innermost bathroom of my house. That way, the pathway to the front door will be the furthest away.

I abhor my neighbors so I really can't see myself calling out to them for help.

I deal with period cramps each month. Throwing up? Check. Migraines? Dealing with them since I was in 3rd grade.

I can roll around on the floor for a few hours if need be. I have plenty of practice.

Reactions: hunterfla, Jarni and stilhavinightmares
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I don't quite understand it either. I plan to turn my phone all the way off and throw it under my bed.

I'm also going to do it in the bathtub in the innermost bathroom of my house. That way, the pathway to the front door will be the furthest away.

I abhor my neighbors so I really can't see myself calling out to them for help.

I deal with period cramps each month. Throwing up? Check. Migraines? Dealing with them since I was in 3rd grade.

I can roll around on the floor for a few hours if need be. I have plenty of practice.
I think one of the biggest things that triggers SI with the SN method is the heart symptoms. At first it will be just a pounding heart, but soon will degrade into palpitations and all the way into atrial fibrillation. None of which is painful per se but can be very disturbing if you're conscious for it. I think the worst people will have to tolerate are the palpitations because one of the main symptoms of atrial fibrillation is unconsciousness because the heart just can't maintain blood flow at that point.

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, SamTam33, stilhavinightmares and 2 others
releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
So many variables we know nothing about. It seems that this post has sparked a conversation about SI. It has to be very difficult once you're subjectively put into that situation and there is no way to virtually simulate how horrifying the dread will truly be until someone is actually there. It takes a very determined mind to fight through that instinctual thought process. It makes me wonder how much research people do prior to using the method. Are they truly prepared for the effects of the SN once it kicks in full force? I've been reading about it for over 3 years now and I feel like I'm preparing myself more and more with every post I read. I shouldn't have any false expectations as to a what will happen if I were to commit to CTB this way. Preparation can not be stressed enough when doing something like this.

Reactions: hellispink, Mofreeko, Jadzia and 1 other person
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I am throwing my phone in the tub or a sink full of water some hours prior. I will make sure I can't ask for help in case the SI wins to me. F, this ain't easy. But at least we know it can work.

Reactions: Niirvana
E

Endofit

Get me out of here
Jan 19, 2024
Feels like it's not that peaceful to go with SN. But is there any peaceful way to ctb.. Also the few reports shows that the body gets heavily marked and therefore is still shocking to be discovered. N really is the Rolls Royce to the other side.