user398417

user398417

Apr 29, 2020
Puffer fish or ballfish are poisonous fish from the families Tetraodontidae and Diodontidae.

CASE:
A case of intoxication resulting from the ingestion of a spotted puffer fish (Sphoeroides testudineus) by a two-year-old child with cold sweating, progressive muscle weakness, cardiac arrest and death is described.
The risks of consuming puffer fish and offal, which is a common occurrence in certain regions of Brazil, are discussed.
The victim of Ttx poisoning may have severe neurological manifestations, which can progress to respiratory arrest and death.

( i used google translator )

A viable method ✌

A20fig01 A20fig02

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Check the site search this comes up weekly

Reactions: Sunset Limited and Deleted member 19654
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
So someone tried to kill a kid by feeding him puffer fish. Not cool. Considering where the poison is concentrated in them, this could only be intentional.

Reactions: Sunset Limited
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I suppose this could work. Look up the effects of poisoning and see what happens.

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I think neuromuscular blockers such as rocuronium, succinylcholine, vecuronium used to paralyze skeletal muscles works as same way. The cause of death is hypoxia due to paralysis of the diaphragm muscle. Veterinarians never use neuromuscular blockers as a single agent for euthanasia. This is described as a non-peaceful method. Of course, if the mechanism of action of tetrodontidae is exactly the same as neuromuscular blockers.

Reactions: Aap
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Those who have been under neuromuscular blockers while conscious report it as terrifying, and some develop PTSD from the experience. It is not a pleasant way to go. Saxitoxin may cause a heart attack prior to suffocation, but the same warnings apply to the agents listed as well as succinylcholine, cisatricurium, and curare.

Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
Any aquarium enthusiasts online? You might have something here

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yes, poster has just discovered a frequently mentioned topic that at best will lead to a very unpleasant death, though more likely a prolonged and terrifying hospital visit followed by an involuntary hold.