P

painofzed

Student
Dec 15, 2021
I have rather extensive knowledge of medical computer systems, and I think I can fake all the "evidence" needed to qualify for Oregon, or Washington's death with dignity laws. This is not something I would ever do for someone else, but I am considering doing it for myself. Someone shoot me down on why/how this could fail? Possible legal consequences? Does this just make me a shitty person because if I can pull this off it might fuck it up for others? Please I'm looking for some honest discussion on this before I attempt to go down this road.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Good luck with that.
When caught, they will charge you with unauthorized access in a medical network.

Find an easier way.

P

painofzed

Student
Dec 15, 2021
Good luck with that.
When caught, they will charge you with unauthorized access in a medical network.

Find an easier way.
I won't be accessing anything I don't have on my home computer. I plan on using computer coding and graphical software to engineer all the required documentation myself.
Well… how are you gonna do?
Well I know exactly how everything from physician reports to diagnostic images can be created using nothing but some skills I've acquired and some gumption on my part. I thought if a person with this know how wanted to they could generate an entire terminal illness history for themselves with all the necessary documentation and just submit it. With US healthcare privacy laws there's really no way for them to determine it's not real without violating privacy rights.
Well… how are you gonna do?
Well I know exactly how everything from physician reports to diagnostic images can be created using nothing but some skills I've acquired and some gumption on my part. I thought if a person with this know how wanted to they could generate an entire terminal illness history for themselves with all the necessary documentation and just submit it. With US healthcare privacy laws there's really no way for them to determine it's not real without violating privacy rights.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
What if someone follows protcol and checks with the provider listed? I doubt they just go off of the paperwork presented.

P

painofzed

Student
Dec 15, 2021
What if someone follows protcol and checks with the provider listed? I doubt they just go off of the paperwork presented.
They cannot discuss your medical history with that provider without obtaining consent from me to do so. I would not give that consent, and I guess that could possibly be the only hitch in the process. I'm a pretty smooth talker though.