C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Remember if you all can to discuss potentially fake SN Posts in a location like this one instead of on the list itself.

Reactions: astr4
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Remember if you all can to discuss potentially fake SN Posts in a location like this one instead of on the list itself.
I understand the intention behind the idea of discussing fake sn posts on a separate thread like this one. The problem is if no one says anything on those fake posts in fear of potentially offending people, those fake or suspicious posts will remain to look genuine, hence posing a risk of misinforming anyone that stumbles on them and they may not see the separate thread in which the fakeness of that post had been discussed. Not just fake posts but there are several posts where further questioning and discussion solved the issue of what went wrong thanks to those that persisted to get to the bottom of it, which serves as a lesson to op or to anyone that stumbles up on it. This is a suicide discussion section, I don't believe you should be offended for any questions or discussions, especially on a method like sn that gets more attention and on an anonymous forum that makes things more complicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and astr4
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Experienced
Apr 30, 2024
This is a suicide discussion section, I don't believe you should be offended for any questions or discussions
I'm offended by this, it's completely my right to be offended by everything all the time.
That was tongue in cheek by the way 🤣
Fuck, what if you don't read that far?? Fingers crossed the emoji works 🤣🤣

I don't really know how this site works or how overloaded the mods are etc so please forgive the ignorance - I'm sorry I'm not better informed - but this fake posts stuff has still been rattling away in my mind. I said I was putting down my social justice cape & I am, (really, I am) but is there any possibility of having another button like "report" but only available to senior members (for lack of a better word, sorry) to create a mini watch list of potentially suspicious members??? And then if mods see them posting the same shit on multiple threads, it might speed up action??
Or that just shitpost & disappear (not CTB, just shitpost & then MIA)
Not for every random person you disagree with or are fucking offended by (!!!) but if it's really off??? I don't want to add to the workload of anyone, I don't want to take away free speech from anyone or censor or create a hierarchy or anything bad at all, so please don't come at me, I'm too tired…. But is that something we could do? And do in the sanctuary or the new thing (& again, apologies I don't actually know what the sanctuary or the new thing is, & yes I read the mods answer with all the missing letters, I'm just not understanding what it's about yet, I need more letters, obvs…🤣)

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I'm offended by this, it's completely my right to be offended by everything all the time.
That was tongue in cheek by the way 🤣
Fuck, what if you don't read that far?? Fingers crossed the emoji works 🤣🤣
Unfortunately the being offended by anyone and anything seems to come with the territory I guess, what with the nature of the site and our mental state most of the time and all...don't worry I read it for it's intended purpose :) but even if you were offended i wouldn't hold it against you, I would just tell you that you are overreacting and to calm down :)

I don't really know how this site works or how overloaded the mods are etc so please forgive the ignorance - I'm sorry I'm not better informed - but this fake posts stuff has still been rattling away in my mind. I said I was putting down my social justice cape & I am, (really, I am) but is there any possibility of having another button like "report" but only available to senior members (for lack of a better word, sorry) to create a mini watch list of potentially suspicious members??? And then if mods see them posting the same shit on multiple threads, it might speed up action??
Or that just shitpost & disappear (not CTB, just shitpost & then MIA)
Not for every random person you disagree with or are fucking offended by (!!!) but if it's really off??? I don't want to add to the workload of anyone, I don't want to take away free speech from anyone or censor or create a hierarchy or anything bad at all, so please don't come at me, I'm too tired…. But is that something we could do? And do in the sanctuary or the new thing (& again, apologies I don't actually know what the sanctuary or the new thing is, & yes I read the mods answer with all the missing letters, I'm just not understanding what it's about yet, I need more letters, obvs…🤣)
I get your frustration and I share it but I don't think there really is a way for mods to avoid them without taking away freedom of speech and all that except when they are against forum rules. Plus with the site being anonymous and only an online thing, there really is no true way of segregating such types of posts and removing them without the risk of potentially hurting genuine posters or offending members. There are the obvious trolls that mods take care of but posts that are suspicious at best will only be left untouched and you can see them even from way back. But if you look at the comment sections you will see the issue solved and addressed, mostly. There are others where no one said anything except freak out and question the method itself, which is just sad to see. I think the best thing to do is free discussion in the comments section of such posts without having to walk on eggshells in fear of offending others or make the discussions separate to spare their feelings. People need to learn to not always be offended or take it personally. We need to understand the gravity of such matter. People need to be accepting and be part of the site's aim of providing accurate information. Misinforming posts, other than reporting them, need to be addressed right there and then so they don't start spreading around and become the norm or potentially become a danger to anyone that implements them.

P.s. The sanctuary is just a lot more quieter version of this board, that just gives you a sense of a bit more privacy with the added bonus feeling of frustration you made it this far to be a part of (atleast in my case).

Reactions: DOHARDTHINGS24
sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
I'm lactose intolerant and have some other food allergies.
If something as harmless as milk or certain food can put me in intense pain I don't really find it hard to believe that literal poison that kills you will do the same.
I think you guys are to quick to label those posts as fake.
exactly

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Boggles my mind that so many people will believe anything they see on the Internet , Tv , youtube , media , movies without confirming it

Reactions: rozeske
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Experienced
Apr 30, 2024
Unfortunately the being offended by anyone and anything
Ohhh just grow up. All of you offended mofo's. I respect everyone, sincerely, & I try really hard & I understand there is genuine offense to be had & all of it. I do. But being offended for offended's sake is just so tiring, so reactionary, so entitled. I'm Australian & we have an awful (but occasionally funny) saying that I assume is ours (too lazy to fact check this, but it defs sounds like us) - have a glass of cement & harden the fuck up. Abbreviated as HTFU. I dunno for sure if it's ours, I dunno if the rest of you lot say it, it can also be misappropriated by bigots, all of that. But geez, sometimes it's apt. I'll circle back to saying I respect everyone so I get in less trouble, maybe 🤣
but even if you were offended i wouldn't hold it against you, I would just tell you that you are overreacting and to calm down :)
This though!!!! THIS!!!
Thank you 🤣🤣🤣
As a narcissistic trauma survivor who was minimised their entire life, this should be triggering. That's a true story, not a joke.
I can hear how awful that was to hear, feel the abuse, that was just the start.
BUT I STILL THINK YOUR LINE IS AWESOME!!
Thank you!! 🤣
I won't claim Australia came up with "never in the history of calming down…" tho…
there really is no true way of segregating such types of posts and removing them without the risk of potentially hurting genuine posters or offending members.
That's why I suggested a watch list instead of straight out deletion - it gives everyone the benefit of the doubt, over time, until it's been proven one way or another. Instead of immediate kneejerk stuff. It's just a thought & not a fully fledged one, I admit.
I think the best thing to do is free discussion in the comments section of such posts without having to walk on eggshells in fear of offending others or make the discussions separate to spare their feelings. People need to learn to not always be offended or take it personally.
Dude, I tried to say something nice (I thought), repeatedly, & started the first flame war of my life. I was shook. I asked the mods to delete it because it's not how I choose to live. It was an eye opener. I won't be repeating that error & I'm stepping the fuck back from debate. I'm out. Unfortunately / fortunately. Either / either. I legit wasn't trying to hurt anyone & thought I actually WAS walking on eggshells, but if I come off a certain way, it's not helping the cause for me to piss people off or make myself sick second guessing myself.
People need to be accepting
best of luck
The sanctuary is just a lot more quieter version of this board
I kinda figured that one but not the new one. No disrespect to mod, at all, I swear, I just need the occasional vowel in a sentence. I'm old.

I'll leave this be here, I won't keep hijacking your posts, or this thread, so I'll just say goodnight & thanks.

• Hugs
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
@DOHARDTHINGS24 at the risk of hijacking this thread I just want to say always trust your instinct and don't let anyone deter you from speaking your mind. I think I've seen that interaction you mention and fwiw I thought it was appropriate and respectful and something that could have been replied with a simple answer. That is what I mean by people overreacting and taking it personal. It's the internet, no one here really knows you or can see what you're up to, so why are you being offended if people have questions when you can simply answer them and clear things up? Anyways Goodnight to you 🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: DOHARDTHINGS24
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Experienced
Apr 30, 2024
@DOHARDTHINGS24 at the risk of hijacking this thread I just want to say always trust your instinct and don't let anyone deter you from speaking your mind. I think I've seen that interaction you mention and fwiw I thought it was appropriate and respectful and something that could have been replied with a simple answer. That is what I mean by people overreacting and taking it personal. It's the internet, no one here really knows you or can see what you're up to, so why are you being offended if people have questions when you can simply answer them and clear things up? Anyways Goodnight to you 🫂
Ok, so like one last hijack…
Reprogramming your brain to trust your gut after abuse is always a challenge. Undoing a lifetime, especially from multiple trusted people, can be so insurmountable, it's part of the reason I'm here. Not the whole reason. I am leaning in to my gut more lately tho.
But maybe the publicly speaking my mind part of my days is behind me. Maybe my opinions are best left restricted to full blasts in private, no holds barred, but also no consequences. I literally don't have the fight left in me for myself, it's bonkers to be fighting for (or with) someone else. And the negative cloud around me this last week or so, that can't be how I go out.
Thank you again.
You're still not the problem ☺️

• Hugs