MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
Most of us here want a peaceful and secure way with guaranteed death. For those with N or able to source N this is possible. But for the rest of us, we have to make a decision between peaceful with some risks or potential painful with lower risks.

This decision is VERY hard for me, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'm deciding between three methods, where two involves risks, and one could be very painful.

Exit bag with inert gas - Even though I understand everything and would have not problem making the bag, purchasing materials and follow instructions, a lot of things could go wrong.
DDMP - Worried about side effects of anti-emetics, or to throw up without them. (I'm usually very sensitive too medicines, and if someone get those nasty side effects it would be me.)

Full suspension hanging - Guaranteed if good knots are used and not disturbed. But I can't "ease into it" like with partial (partial to risky) and it could result in a lot of pain.

What worries me with methods like Exit bag and DDMP is some sort of vegetative state, where I spend decades in maybe both physical and mental pain thinking about how I should have choose a more secure method, this makes me scared to the point that I feel panic.

This is a very important topic, please share your thoughts, and also tell us which method you plan to use and why.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown, namemanthedeadman and Circles
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Personally I'm going with night night method. I don't have any imminent reason to ctb and therefore have time to prepare. The materials are relatively cheap and innocuous. As I understand, there are no convulsions like there are with partial (which was my initial choice until I learned about night night method). And I don't think there are any risks because it relies on correctly compressing the carotids which causes you to pass out within 15-30sec. If you don't pass out, you know you did it wrong, so you might get frustrated but you can just loosen everything and try again, or not if that's what you choose. The only real "downside" I see is that it takes time to get to know your own neck and learn how to properly locate and compress the carotids. And the only real "failures" I've heard of are from improper equipment and/or inadequate preparation and practice.

Reactions: Circles and namemanthedeadman
namemanthedeadman

namemanthedeadman

Still Breathing :(
Jul 28, 2018
Exit bag with inert gas - Even though I understand everything and would have not problem making the bag, purchasing materials and follow instructions, a lot of things could go wrong.

I was also gonna go with the exit bag, but it felt like too much preparation for my death, seeing as I live with people it's difficult to buy a bunch of gas without people questioning.

This is a very important topic, please share your thoughts, and also tell us which method you plan to use and why.

I got really good and comfortable with choking myself with a rope with partial hanging over time, I've decided to go with full-suspension when everything is at its lowest, I have the noose tied, the note written and I've already had some 'mock' hangings. It's just a matter of reaching the moment I snap enough to finally just jump off the step ladder. I know if I don't get the rope in the right spot on my neck it's gonna hurt like hell, but it'll be over soon enough and it feels like the most surefire way I can ctb without backing out

I hope you find the best method that works for you, Goodluck! :hug:

MG_39

MG_39

Jul 5, 2019
I was also gonna go with the exit bag, but it felt like too much preparation for my death, seeing as I live with people it's difficult to buy a bunch of gas without people questioning.

I got really good and comfortable with choking myself with a rope with partial hanging over time, I've decided to go with full-suspension when everything is at its lowest, I have the noose tied, the note written and I've already had some 'mock' hangings. It's just a matter of reaching the moment I snap enough to finally just jump off the step ladder. I know if I don't get the rope in the right spot on my neck it's gonna hurt like hell, but it'll be over soon enough and it feels like the most surefire way I can ctb without backing out

I hope you find the best method that works for you, Goodluck! :hug:

Yes I do agree with you, full suspension is a better method. Compare a possibility of a couple of minutes of a lot of pain with the risk of INSANE pain in vegetative state for decades.

Reactions: namemanthedeadman
namemanthedeadman

namemanthedeadman

Still Breathing :(
Jul 28, 2018
Yes I do agree with you, full suspension is a better method. Compare a possibility of a couple of minutes of a lot of pain with the risk of INSANE pain in vegetative state for decades.

True, that's why I gotta make it for a day nobody is home, everyone leaves in the day, while I work night shifts, so it would have to be while they are all out working.

That fear of failing is what's stopping me from just going for it the next chance I get, I might try to take a bunch of opioids as well to ease the pain and possibly overdose if the rope breaks, since I don't have any tolerance for pain killers. How I do end up ctb is still up in the air though, if I ever manage to get my hands on a .12 gauge or something, that's definitely gonna be the way I'd go without question, I would love to just pop my head into a million little giblets lol

I also hear the rate of failure with shotgun blasts to the head are pretty flippin' low

Last edited:
MG_39

MG_39

Jul 5, 2019
True, that's why I gotta make it for a day nobody is home, everyone leaves in the day, while I work night shifts, so it would have to be while they are all out working.

That fear of failing is what's stopping me from just going for it the next chance I get, I might try to take a bunch of opioids as well to ease the pain and possibly overdose if the rope breaks, since I don't have any tolerance for pain killers. How I do end up ctb is still up in the air though, if I ever manage to get my hands on a .12 gauge or something, that's definitely gonna be the way I'd go without question, I would love to just pop my head into a million little giblets lol

I also hear the rate of failure with shotgun blasts to the head are pretty flippin' low

Yes full suspension combined with a strong opiode is probably a good choice, if there are a lot of pain I think it would be less with opiodes.

Reactions: namemanthedeadman
Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
Yes full suspension combined with a strong opiode is probably a good choice, if there are a lot of pain I think it would be less with opiodes.
if you can get ahold of the cocktail you outlined in your first post i would go with that. Since its recommended in assisted suicide in several US states.

MG_39

MG_39

Jul 5, 2019
if you can get ahold of the cocktail you outlined in your first post i would go with that. Since its recommended in assisted suicide in several US states.

I can, but I'm worried about anti-emetics because I'm very sensitive to side effects of medicine for some reason. But in combination with full suspension it doesn't matter if I throw up.

Throwaway9787

Throwaway9787

Mage
Jun 27, 2019
I can, but I'm worried about anti-emetics because I'm very sensitive to side effects of medicine for some reason.
do a test run with anti-emetics, see how you respond.