• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Lavi

Lavi

Nov 21, 2020
Hiya, I believe this might be the right forum to ask for this. But I am wondering, if I could commit suicide yet fail. I'm currently dealing with family and relationship issues however, half of me wants to die but I have things to hold on to. I want to fail my suicide, I don't want to successfully kill my self. My goal is knock some sense into some people and have them realise how much I mean to them, if that doesn't self selfish. I just want people to acknowledge me, and love me. It's totally okay if this sounds stupid or nobody has advice to give me. But I'd appreciate if someone has some kind of idea. (As well as hopefully not turning me into a vegetable.) Thank you.

theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Hiya, I believe this might be the right forum to ask for this. But I am wondering, if I could commit suicide yet fail. I'm currently dealing with family and relationship issues however, half of me wants to die but I have things to hold on to. I want to fail my suicide, I don't want to successfully kill my self. My goal is knock some sense into some people and have them realise how much I mean to them, if that doesn't self selfish. I just want people to acknowledge me, and love me. It's totally okay if this sounds stupid or nobody has advice to give me. But I'd appreciate if someone has some kind of idea. (As well as hopefully not turning me into a vegetable.) Thank you.

Hey. Assuming that you've already tried to talk some sense into them...

I highly recommend NOT attempting for this reason(to make a point), if at all possible. Now, please do your own pondering regarding this...but maybe you could make it look like you're going to attempt? They could 'accidentally' find a note, or something like that..maybe this would make them see that you're truly suicidal...but the problems are: 1st, I don't know your exact situation, such as why you're feeling neglected or whatever it is you're going through...- 2nd, there's a risk of them calling the hospital on you if you go too far with this, and NOBODY enjoys a trip to the psych ward. If you do attempt, you'll likely end up in there, if you survive.

Please don't take my advice as the answer. I just think that it's better to make a point, while doing something less risky. If you decide to attempt anything, but plan to fail, you must know that this is VERY risky. Hanging, for example, is a BAD idea. It's just too risky to attempt for attention, plus even if you took pills(for example), you could have long-lasting liver damage.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Have you talked about that you're suicidal? You could gather some supplies and "accidentally" leave them out and hope they notice. Or don't come back home for a while and express more emotions (negative) or maybe make a red mark on your neck as if you tried to hang yourself or failed
Please don't actually commit suicide hoping that it will fail

Last edited:
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Hi, please don't hurt yourself so others can love you more or then realise you are not well, if you haven't talked with those people around you please do it first. I failed many times not for the same reasons as you, just wasn't my time I guess or I was naive and didn't know what to really do. Talk to them and tell them your feelings, if they love you and care for you they would at the very least understand you and acknowledge your suffering. Sending you a hug :hug:

O

Oddmass

Nov 25, 2020
As others have said suicide isnt the best way to go about garnering attention or sympathy from those around you. If anything its pretty toxic and youre basically gaslighting them. If youre having relationship issues, then you need to work it out as an adult. Threatening to kill yourself so your partner will love you again is pretty shitty and its not gonna happen

Reactions: darksideofthebright
J

jnpx321

Nov 25, 2020
How old are you?
Do you have trouble with your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Reactions: Huntfish34
Lavi

Lavi

Nov 21, 2020
U
Have you talked about that you're suicidal? You could gather some supplies and "accidentally" leave them out and hope they notice. Or don't come back home for a while and express more emotions (negative) or maybe make a red mark on your neck as if you tried to hang yourself or failed
Please don't actually commit suicide hoping that it will fail
Yes I have, I have a history of self harm and threatening suicide when I was younger as well as I have been open about my depressive state for many years, however, I don't really get an answer. Understandably, not many people know how to respond/deal with these kind of situations, and I can definitely agree it is hard to cope with as well as support others when they're threatening suicide or going through a hard time. However, this has happened for many years and I have reached out to my friends and family about how I feel neglected and left out. I don't expect my friends to help me as they have their own troubles as well as my parents but I would've appreciated a little bit of reassurance from close friends/family members as this has been going on for many years. Although, might be reconsidering it since this may seem like a dumb idea. Thank you for advice.

Reactions: Ben11
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
As someone who had a failed attempt and had my family witnessed it, i highly advise you not to do it. Forgive my harsh words, but you wont be sure it'll get them to see your suffering, even if you risk your life for it. Unreasonable people just tend to close their eyes.

Hurting yourself for this purpose, will only cause you pain. I've been there, and their responses... It only pushed me to the edge.

If you opened up to them and they didn't listen. Change your audience.

Do not wait for them to open their eyes. Seek help from another source.

I cant vouch for this but the only thing that help me was getting someone else to see me. A distant relative or just someone that can accompany you to a doctor. I did get my parents to acknowledge my problems after doing so, but it's mostly out of shame. Don't wait for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFFP
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I have dealt with people in your situation before, and the best way to get them to acknowledge you if they really cared about you, is to go no-contact with them. Eventually they'll come around, don't do parasuicide because it'll only make them angry. It's misplaced anger and guilt that will get worse as the relationship goes on. If you're married and it's toxic, get a divorce. If your parents are jackasses, get an escape plan and move out. You don't need their attention to make them fix you, you need to focus your attention on yourself instead.

Reactions: DFFP
M

mikenoir

To cheer upon death: to see life as more beautiful
Nov 3, 2020
This place is not dedicated to purposes such as this. It's for individuals who actually wish to die after much careful thought and consideration. Cases such as yours is what pro-lifers base their criticisms of suicide on. Unfortunately, wrong forum.