lunatic

lunatic

Disorganized schizophrenic
Jul 11, 2020
Hey everyone, as you can see I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this where it belongs.

Last night I attempted partial suspension hanging, but obviously I'm still here. I'm not sure what happened so I hope you might be able to clarify things.
I made a slipknot with a bathrobe belt and attached it to my closet bar. Put it around the middle of my neck, knot in the back, with a sock put at my trachea to make it a bit more comfortable. When I kneeled down I passed out quickly, in 5 seconds or so, but moments later I somehow had managed to get on my feet and it relieved the pressure so I woke up. I was in full survival mode and not thinking and somehow managed to get the rope off my neck, my face was a deep purple color and now there's a lot of bruising and broken capillaries everywhere.
I'm just wondering how it's possible I was able to stand up after blacking out and what I can do to avoid it if I attempt this method again?
Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Salt, ARW3N, Hybrid and 2 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
It could be your bodies survival instincts or when you cut off blood supply to your brain, your body starts to convulse and move around. The only thing I can think of to avoid it is through full suspension where your feet can't touch the ground. I'm scared of this happening because I don't want to fail my partial attempt and I don't want there to be visible signs like bruising.

Reactions: Salt and lunatic
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Hey everyone, as you can see I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this where it belongs.

Last night I attempted partial suspension hanging, but obviously I'm still here. I'm not sure what happened so I hope you might be able to clarify things.
I made a slipknot with a bathrobe belt and attached it to my closet bar. Put it around the middle of my neck, knot in the back, with a sock put at my trachea to make it a bit more comfortable. When I kneeled down I passed out quickly, in 5 seconds or so, but moments later I somehow had managed to get on my feet and it relieved the pressure so I woke up. I was in full survival mode and not thinking and somehow managed to get the rope off my neck, my face was a deep purple color and now there's a lot of bruising and broken capillaries everywhere.
I'm just wondering how it's possible I was able to stand up after blacking out and what I can do to avoid it if I attempt this method again?
Thanks for any help.
It happend to me in over 30 attempts.. I recorded them too. After blacking out, my body convulses and stands up wich relieves pressure and i wake up feeling weird.

I dont know how to stop that, im sorry. Its mighty anoying. But thats what happened to you too. Just means partial wont work for us well unless we stop body from moving completely.

Reactions: Salt, lunatic and kinzokukae
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
If your face is all purple with broken capillaries, how long will it take for it to look normal again?

A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
  • Wow
Reactions: Salt, Hybrid, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
lunatic

lunatic

Jul 11, 2020
If your face is all purple with broken capillaries, how long will it take for it to look normal again?

The purple shade of my face went away as soon as I removed the pressure. The bruising etc should go away in a few days

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
You seem very matter-of-fact with the information you are sharing

lunatic

lunatic

Jul 11, 2020
You seem very matter-of-fact with the information you are sharing

Yeah, I guess so lol. My whole approach to this is pretty matter-of-fact, I'm not a very emotional person anymore. I just want to get it over with and not fail next time.
It happend to me in over 30 attempts.. I recorded them too. After blacking out, my body convulses and stands up wich relieves pressure and i wake up feeling weird.

I dont know how to stop that, im sorry. Its mighty anoying. But thats what happened to you too. Just means partial wont work for us well unless we stop body from moving completely.

I'm wondering if an anti-convulsant medication would help, like a large dose of diazepam or something like that. I really want to do it with this method, I don't have a good setup for full suspension. My other option is SN but it's hard to get in my country.

Last edited:
C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
Play the counting game. then you can PM people

E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
wonder why some people succeed with partial and other not.

IS the SI stronger, or is there a subconciounes that dont want to die, like the person in their deep wants to live (not a common SI) or just sth else

lunatic

lunatic

Jul 11, 2020
Play the counting game. then you can PM people

I'm not sure what you mean?

wonder why some people succeed with partial and other not.

IS the SI stronger, or is there a subconciounes that dont want to die, like the person in their deep wants to live (not a common SI) or just sth else

Yeah... I wonder too. I did everything right afaik but seems like my body just doesn't want to die. God, why does it have to be so hard to just leave this world. I felt so excited when I was setting everything up.

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007 and Lady black
C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/counting-game.10053/page-440

A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
I'm wondering if an anti-convulsant medication would help, like a large dose of diazepam or something like that. I really want to do it with this method, I don't have a good setup for full suspension. My other option is SN but it's hard to get in my country.
I was trying to figure that out too lately, but gave up a bit. Only reason i failed is because of my body thrashing around and i wont bother atempting again untill i fix that issue.

There could be some drugs and medicines that could probably help with hanging, and im sure that anesthetics and tranquilizers would stop body from moving, but problem would be getting any of those.

Reactions: LADY007 and CC123
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
This is a difficulty with partial and it's a little hard to overcome. You will move around after going unconscious and that can easily release pressure from your neck. The best advice I can give is to pick a position that's going to make it harder to raise yourself (feet not flat on the floor, kneeling down lower) and pick a location where there aren't too many objects you're likely to knock into while moving around.

Hybrid

Hybrid

Jun 30, 2020
Now i fear getting back my conscience when the brain damage is already done.

lunatic

lunatic

Jul 11, 2020
I was trying to figure that out too lately, but gave up a bit. Only reason i failed is because of my body thrashing around and i wont bother atempting again untill i fix that issue.

There could be some drugs and medicines that could probably help with hanging, and im sure that anesthetics and tranquilizers would stop body from moving, but problem would be getting any of those.

I can easily get benzos since I'm an addict and know a lot of other addicts, so maybe it would be worth trying. I'm just scared of failing yet again.

This is a difficulty with partial and it's a little hard to overcome. You will move around after going unconscious and that can easily release pressure from your neck. The best advice I can give is to pick a position that's going to make it harder to raise yourself (feet not flat on the floor, kneeling down lower) and pick a location where there aren't too many objects you're likely to knock into while moving around.

I think I'm going to try and figure out a way to do full suspension next time. I feel like I don't have it in me to try over and over again, wish it was possible to just get N or something else that's basically foolproof but customs are very strict here and it just doesn't seem worth it to spend so much money when there's like a 90% chance it will be seized.

Now i fear getting back my conscience when the brain damage is already done.

Yeah that's one of my biggest fears too.

Reactions: LADY007 and AnxietyAttack44
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I can easily get benzos since I'm an addict and know a lot of other addicts, so maybe it would be worth trying. I'm just scared of failing yet again.

I think I'm going to try and figure out a way to do full suspension next time. I feel like I don't have it in me to try over and over again, wish it was possible to just get N or something else that's basically foolproof but customs are very strict here and it just doesn't seem worth it to spend so much money when there's like a 90% chance it will be seized.

Yeah that's one of my biggest fears too.
I came to a similar conclusion. I gave up with partial and moved to drop hanging because I can't stand trying and failing and feeling defeated over and over.

Reactions: Hybrid
lunatic

lunatic

Jul 11, 2020
I came to a similar conclusion. I gave up with partial and moved to drop hanging because I can't stand trying and failing and feeling defeated over and over.

Yeah exactly, each time I fail I feel so defeated and lose motivation that has to build up for a while before I have enough momentum to try again. I can't keep failing like this because I really do want to leave this world.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and Hybrid
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I'm hoping that if I keep practising/trying then eventually there'll be an attempt in which I'm successful.

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
I gave up on partial hanging just because involuntary convulsions can wake you up before you die.
the best way to hang yourself is with suspension: the only way to regain consciousness is to be discovered by someone before it's late.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Anticonvulsants would make you convulse harder, actually.
To use them safely, that is, without dropping into seizures, you need to taper in. It took me about a month to get stable with keppra, and the add-ons - vimpat, lamotragine, depalept, though I tried them one at a time, those take goddamn eons to set up. And even when you set them up, you may need to go up or down a dose every so often.

You're not trying to treat convulsions, though, you're trying to stop convulsing for like an hour on a particular time and date, but the problem with anticonvulsants is that they mainly treat low grade "convulsions", mostly the kind you'd get during epilepsy. You're depriving your brain of oxygen, which is a completely different territory.

Reactions: lunatic
lunatic

lunatic

Jul 11, 2020
Anticonvulsants would make you convulse harder, actually.
To use them safely, that is, without dropping into seizures, you need to taper in. It took me about a month to get stable with keppra, and the add-ons - vimpat, lamotragine, depalept, though I tried them one at a time, those take goddamn eons to set up. And even when you set them up, you may need to go up or down a dose every so often.

You're not trying to treat convulsions, though, you're trying to stop convulsing for like an hour on a particular time and date, but the problem with anticonvulsants is that they mainly treat low grade "convulsions", mostly the kind you'd get during epilepsy. You're depriving your brain of oxygen, which is a completely different territory.

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Reactions: LADY007