• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

beforeistoolate

beforeistoolate

May 13, 2023
I felt the need to share my story because I just discovered a thread of someone considering hypothermia as a method to cbt and pretty much every answer to his post was incorrect.

First comment was "you don't need freezing temperatures to die from hypothermia", while technically correct, this might only work in a water environment or with incredible high speed winds. My experience lasted for 5 days with temperatures just above freezing, wearing only shorts and shoes(to prevent frostbite), laying on the dirt surrounded by snow and I'm still here.

Second comment was "the key to a successful attempt is alcohol", this might be true under really harsh and way below freezing conditions able to kill faster than your hangover lasts. My experience was a full bottle of whiskey had no effect at all.

Again, the problem with my hypothermia attempt might have only been the temperature range, which needs to be lower than freezing. Because I'm a thin individual, and that's the main factor determining how fast you succumb to the cold, I believed just above freezing was enough to make it happen. Age might be even more determining, but I won't speculate on that, suffice to say there's anecdotes and reports of older people dying from temperatures comfortably above freezing.

I tried hypothermia because I'm used to the cold and with extremes of survival such as extreme fasting, dehydration.
I cannot say it's too painful, but definitely very uncomfortable.
I tried it above freezing because i didn't wanna fail and end up with frostbite.
After five days of suffering thru it, I realized it wasn't going to work, I jumped in the cold water and went to sleep back on the ground completely wet. Woke up dry and feeling fine, just weak and dizzy mainly from not being able to sleep in more than 96 hours. I went back to town and recovered, only side effect was sweating profusely in my sleep for an entire month.

What I get from this experience is. Our bodies are much stronger than we think, some might be more than others.
Currently I'm thinking of a phenobarbital overdose combined with cold weather, or maybe carbon-monoxide.

For the entirety of those five days my body was pulsating/vibrating(not shivering) keeping me warm against my will. I've been in many situation where I got to the first stages of hypothermia where you shiver violently, but this time it was just that, muscle vibration I don't know how to call it and I still fail to understand, but those are the facts. Again, laying almost completely naked on the dirt, for more than 96 hours, temperature range between 2 and 7 degrees celsius, moderate wind. Unsuccessful.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Thanks for sharing your experiences with a hypothermia CTB attempt. Yes indeed the human body is very reistant. Anyway hypothermia sounds not to be an easy, quick and painless method. I personally would look into other options. I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead
Slasher

Slasher

crybaby
Jun 6, 2023
thank you for sharing your experience I'm sure someone can learn from this. either way, CTB by hypothermia seems like an absolute hell to me and definitely not a method I'd consider. I commend your bravery for trying though.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I've never really considered this method before as I can imagine it being unbearable to try and succeed with, slow methods like this just sound so horrible and like the SI would kick in. But anyway thank you for sharing your experiences.

beforeistoolate

beforeistoolate

May 13, 2023
thank you for sharing your experience I'm sure someone can learn from this. either way, CTB by hypothermia seems like an absolute hell to me and definitely not a method I'd consider. I commend your bravery for trying though.
Thank you. I wouldn't say it was bravery, I just have a moderate/high pain tolerance and I wanted to try a natural way before other methods. But yes I wouldn't advice anyone to do this.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Thank you for your thorough post and details about attempting to CTB via hypothermia. You are correct with regards to how resilient and stubborn the human body really is. This has changed my mind regarding this as a backup method as I do not wish to end up with permanent damage and/or low reliability as well as discomfort during the process. Furthermore, I'm sorry to hear about how things did not go according to your plan and I hope that you will find peace in the future. :hug:

Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
Glad you didn't suffer any lasting effects of cold exposure and ty for sharing the details of your experience. This method has been on my mind recently. If one is in cold enough water, I've heard that death can occur within a few minutes. Is this a myth?

Years ago, Spalding Gray ctb by jumping into the Hudson River at night in cold weather. His body was not found for days. That sounded very peaceful to me. Tho I'm a bit bothered by the idea of being found in a bloated, waterlogged state.

Reactions: beforeistoolate
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
i've never really considered this method before, but it makes me anxious to think about. SI would definitely prevent a lot of people on here from attempting this way - thankyou for sharing, it was a very interesting read <3

Reactions: beforeistoolate
beforeistoolate

beforeistoolate

May 13, 2023
Glad you didn't suffer any lasting effects of cold exposure and ty for sharing the details of your experience. This method has been on my mind recently. If one is in cold enough water, I've heard that death can occur within a few minutes. Is this a myth?

Years ago, Spalding Gray ctb by jumping into the Hudson River at night in cold weather. His body was not found for days. That sounded very peaceful to me. Tho I'm a bit bothered by the idea of being found in a bloated, waterlogged state.
In my experience all cold exposure deaths described as peaceful are myths. Cold water kills you much quicker but hurts a hundred times more. I did both, and I would rather do the four nights of sleep deprivation from sleeping naked on the dirt before jumping and staying in cold water for hours.

If the water is around the point of freezing, depending on your own health and mostly body fat. I'm in good shape but very lean and I stayed for around an hour and a half and I never passed the shivering stage.

What is frequently described as peaceful are the last stages of hypothermia where your body stops fighting and releases a last rush of blood through your entire body making you feel warm again. You need to endure a lot of pain to get there.

I shared my experience so no one dares to purposely try hypothermia unless they are okay with suffering a lot. The worse side effects are necrosis with air exposure below freezing, personally I only suffered from something called peripheral neuropathy which is really painful but leaves no lasting damage.

And about your question regarding doing it on a big body of water where you need to be floating, you must use a floating device otherwise you will die from drowning after you start losing muscle coordination which sets in as you get to the first stages of hypothermia.

For all those wanting to try hypothermia, one thing I would change about my method now, knowing more about meds and drugs that interact well with it, would be to overdose on phenobarbital which shuts down the body for several days and even triggers vasodilation (blood flow to the extremities) and causes hypothermia by itself independently of the air/water temperature around you.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I felt the need to share my story because I just discovered a thread of someone considering hypothermia as a method to cbt and pretty much every answer to his post was incorrect.

First comment was "you don't need freezing temperatures to die from hypothermia", while technically correct, this might only work in a water environment or with incredible high speed winds. My experience lasted for 5 days with temperatures just above freezing, wearing only shorts and shoes(to prevent frostbite), laying on the dirt surrounded by snow and I'm still here.

Second comment was "the key to a successful attempt is alcohol", this might be true under really harsh and way below freezing conditions able to kill faster than your hangover lasts. My experience was a full bottle of whiskey had no effect at all.

Again, the problem with my hypothermia attempt might have only been the temperature range, which needs to be lower than freezing. Because I'm a thin individual, and that's the main factor determining how fast you succumb to the cold, I believed just above freezing was enough to make it happen. Age might be even more determining, but I won't speculate on that, suffice to say there's anecdotes and reports of older people dying from temperatures comfortably above freezing.

I tried hypothermia because I'm used to the cold and with extremes of survival such as extreme fasting, dehydration.
I cannot say it's too painful, but definitely very uncomfortable.
I tried it above freezing because i didn't wanna fail and end up with frostbite.
After five days of suffering thru it, I realized it wasn't going to work, I jumped in the cold water and went to sleep back on the ground completely wet. Woke up dry and feeling fine, just weak and dizzy mainly from not being able to sleep in more than 96 hours. I went back to town and recovered, only side effect was sweating profusely in my sleep for an entire month.

What I get from this experience is. Our bodies are much stronger than we think, some might be more than others.
Currently I'm thinking of a phenobarbital overdose combined with cold weather, or maybe carbon-monoxide.

For the entirety of those five days my body was pulsating/vibrating(not shivering) keeping me warm against my will. I've been in many situation where I got to the first stages of hypothermia where you shiver violently, but this time it was just that, muscle vibration I don't know how to call it and I still fail to understand, but those are the facts. Again, laying almost completely naked on the dirt, for more than 96 hours, temperature range between 2 and 7 degrees celsius, moderate wind. Unsuccessful.
The temperature does not need to be lower than freezing. People commonly die (accidentally) of hypothermia in the mountains at temperatures a little above freezing. Temperatures "comfortably above freezing" (to borrow your phrase) probably won't work, but temperatures a degree or two above freezing can kill - and kill fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweet Tart
beforeistoolate

beforeistoolate

May 13, 2023
i've never really considered this method before, but it makes me anxious to think about. SI would definitely prevent a lot of people on here from attempting this way - thankyou for sharing, it was a very interesting read <3
Thank you, more than preventing I hope people can read this and try it if they wish, but don't feel frustrated after or if they fail. It's a really tough method, and people should know that, so I'm only trying to add some context and data.
The temperature does not need to be lower than freezing. People commonly die (accidentally) of hypothermia in the mountains at temperatures a little above freeing. Temperaturees "comfortably above freesing" (to borrow your phrase) probably won't work, but But temperatures a degree or two above freezing can kill - and kill fairly quickly.
Fairly quickly is absolutely inaccurate, you are entitled to draw your own conclusions, I'm just sharing my actual experience.

• Love
Reactions: 90starve
R

Renovice

Nov 13, 2023
Thank you, more than preventing I hope people can read this and try it if they wish, but don't feel frustrated after or if they fail. It's a really tough method, and people should know that, so I'm only trying to add some context and data.

Fairly quickly is absolutely inaccurate, you are entitled to draw your own conclusions, I'm just sharing my actual experience.

I can instantly tell, where you went wrong. I am sorry that your experience is pretty awful, but its completely contradictory to mine and pretty much most peoples experience with extreme cold weather.

Read reports of hypothermia deaths and peoples personal experiences. If you get past the initial cold its just a painless warmth and often time u don't even notice the cold if u stay out for too long even before the onset of warmth.

this is why hypothermia is medically considered so dangerous because ALOT of the victims don't even know they have it as past a certain point u cant feel any "colder" if that makes sense.

SO here is what u did wrong. The biggest one being the temperature, when people mean dying outside of sub zero temps, they mean like 0-2 degrees celsius NOT 7, that is absurdly high for a temperature, and will most likely not kill you unless u were just hanging in the middle of the air with no isolation. and even 0-2 degrees we are talking windy and rainy usually.

Now notice how u said u were laying down on the ground? u created effectively an isolated space that allowed the part of your body that you layed on to function as a heater and if the temps are at somethn like 7 degrees ur just not gonna freeze to death not with isolation. what u did would be more effective if u had a hammock, another thing is water, if u really wanted it to be over quickly, you would go to a shallow river lay down and just let flow over you that way u wouldnt drown but u would be covered in cold water removing body heat, either that or just submerge most of your body outside of your head in water next to shore of a lake.

also u said it was very uncomfortable? well u actually made yourself more uncomfortable because u didnt go low enough in temperatures u put yourself in the "twilight" zones of temps where it wasn't bad enough to make you numb, but not hot enough to be comfortable. and 5 days for hypothermia is an insane amount when u are just laying without clothes, as there should be no outside heat provided by layers of fabric, logically no clothes and 5 days means u are probably losing temperature at a rate that is so low that it doesnt matter or is so low it would take a long time to die if at all.

Honestly at temps like these you are just better of getting Really really drunk and dipping in cold body or water or a river. wont give you frostbite either. also talking about alcohol, alcohol isnt there to "Kill" you faster, its there so u dont feel the discomfort, that is how many homeless alcoholics die in the winter and dont notice, the reason alcohol doesnt work for you is because its not supposed to take 5 days, its supposed to numb you long enough to let you not feel the cold and pass out.

beforeistoolate

beforeistoolate

May 13, 2023
I can instantly tell, where you went wrong. I am sorry that your experience is pretty awful, but its completely contradictory to mine and pretty much most peoples experience with extreme cold weather.

Read reports of hypothermia deaths and peoples personal experiences. If you get past the initial cold its just a painless warmth and often time u don't even notice the cold if u stay out for too long even before the onset of warmth.

this is why hypothermia is medically considered so dangerous because ALOT of the victims don't even know they have it as past a certain point u cant feel any "colder" if that makes sense.

SO here is what u did wrong. The biggest one being the temperature, when people mean dying outside of sub zero temps, they mean like 0-2 degrees celsius NOT 7, that is absurdly high for a temperature, and will most likely not kill you unless u were just hanging in the middle of the air with no isolation. and even 0-2 degrees we are talking windy and rainy usually.

Now notice how u said u were laying down on the ground? u created effectively an isolated space that allowed the part of your body that you layed on to function as a heater and if the temps are at somethn like 7 degrees ur just not gonna freeze to death not with isolation. what u did would be more effective if u had a hammock, another thing is water, if u really wanted it to be over quickly, you would go to a shallow river lay down and just let flow over you that way u wouldnt drown but u would be covered in cold water removing body heat, either that or just submerge most of your body outside of your head in water next to shore of a lake.

also u said it was very uncomfortable? well u actually made yourself more uncomfortable because u didnt go low enough in temperatures u put yourself in the "twilight" zones of temps where it wasn't bad enough to make you numb, but not hot enough to be comfortable. and 5 days for hypothermia is an insane amount when u are just laying without clothes, as there should be no outside heat provided by layers of fabric, logically no clothes and 5 days means u are probably losing temperature at a rate that is so low that it doesnt matter or is so low it would take a long time to die if at all.

Honestly at temps like these you are just better of getting Really really drunk and dipping in cold body or water or a river. wont give you frostbite either. also talking about alcohol, alcohol isnt there to "Kill" you faster, its there so u dont feel the discomfort, that is how many homeless alcoholics die in the winter and dont notice, the reason alcohol doesnt work for you is because its not supposed to take 5 days, its supposed to numb you long enough to let you not feel the cold and pass out.
max was 7 degrees

night was around 2 or lower, winter night which last 12 hours, since i was sleeping next to chunks of snow all around me, 0 degrees celsius will not kill you either unless you are frail, homeless, old, i'm not sure what's the higher demographic risk, all i can say is, a healthy young man like myself won't even come close to dying at 0 degrees celsius

i've tried cold water immersion and sleeping completely wet at 0 degrees also to wake up completely dry the next morning, your body, if you are strong and young won't let you die from hypothermia unless you can't produce enough heat to compensate the loss, and you will pay that with pain

so from experience i can tell you, that painless hypothermia death sounds very unrealistic, not even in extreme cold short titanic like events, you will suffer

alcohol might be the only thing you are right about, but you need to measure the amount really well, i did too much of it and ended up puking, you might need to have alcoholic level tolerance to it to pull that off, such as those homeless cases we read on the news

A

Aburach

Nov 19, 2023
Thank you for this thread and telling us about your experience. I am sorry it was so distressing. Lots of food for thought in terms of the variables (age, body mass, minimum temperatures, etc.).

I must admit to finding this method intriguing (although it is not my chosen one), partly because winter is coming and I live quite far north with plenty of wilderness around. I am under no illusions that it would be peaceful though.

R

Renovice

Nov 13, 2023
max was 7 degrees

night was around 2 or lower, winter night which last 12 hours, since i was sleeping next to chunks of snow all around me, 0 degrees celsius will not kill you either unless you are frail, homeless, old, i'm not sure what's the higher demographic risk, all i can say is, a healthy young man like myself won't even come close to dying at 0 degrees celsius

i've tried cold water immersion and sleeping completely wet at 0 degrees also to wake up completely dry the next morning, your body, if you are strong and young won't let you die from hypothermia unless you can't produce enough heat to compensate the loss, and you will pay that with pain

so from experience i can tell you, that painless hypothermia death sounds very unrealistic, not even in extreme cold short titanic like events, you will suffer

alcohol might be the only thing you are right about, but you need to measure the amount really well, i did too much of it and ended up puking, you might need to have alcoholic level tolerance to it to pull that off, such as those homeless cases we read on the news
"i've tried cold water immersion and sleeping completely wet at 0 degrees also to wake up completely dry the next morning, your body"

Thats not what you are supposed to do at all.

"0 degrees celsius will not kill you either unless you are frail, homeless, old, i'm not sure what's the higher demographic risk, all i can say is, a healthy young man like myself won't even come close to dying at 0 degrees celsius"

That is simply not true, go inside a lake that 0 degrees c and in 15 minutes you will be knocked out, cold water immersion doesnt even make sense u are not supposed to be able to wake up at all from it because your whole body is supposed to be under water. this is completely contradictory to ANY study i could find or any experience i had.

Also plenty homeless people that are fed still just die in the winter has nothing to do with being frail. only it widens the gap somewhat depending on your body fat content usually.

" that painless hypothermia death sounds very unrealistic,"

and i can tell you from my experience that it makes no logical sense at all what you are saying, past a point u dont even feel pain anymore, it sounds to me like you royally fucked it up and are now saying its somehow how that works when countless reports say the exact opposite.

"night was around 2 or lower, winter night which last 12 hours, since i was sleeping next to chunks of snow all around me,"

IF u lay on snow u will create a layer of isolation regardless, why do you think animals in the arctic cover themselfs in snow? 2 degrees simply is simply too high, you have put yourself trough a horrible experience and didnt go trough all the way like its recommended and are now saying how it would be painful.

Report your experience but dont spout this as fact when so many reports contradict yours especially if u didnt actually go out into a lake or a body of water, or at properly lower temperatures.

"alcohol might be the only thing you are right about, but you need to measure the amount really well"

I am sorry what? anyone can get shitfaced drunk just grab a bottle and drink until u feel completely fucked up, its not rocket science, idk what you want from alcohol its just a means of making you unable to feel the cold as much its not meant to kill you faster.

If you do it properly you should be kncoked out WAY before the alcohol has any hopes of doing anything in terms of wearing off, also it sounds like ur contradicting yourself u said u did cold water immersion then said u woke up in the dry? how does that even work? if u were in a cold lake or even a river the unconcious body wouldnt be even able to move.

i dont understand how u dont see the logic the fact u sat there for 12 hours meant u werent actually losing body temperetarue at any rate, it DOES not take that long to die, u clearly just were not in a cold enough climate and just tortured yourself with lukewarm coldness.

and drenching yourself instead of just submerging yourself in a river or a lake with only the head sticking out is a terrible ide.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: breezeboy