Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Idk.... Every time I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself. There's always a physically different face looking back. Always someone new. I hate pictures. And very very few I keep. I take selfies trying to like myself but when I look at the final product..... It's never good enough.

Idk what I look like.....

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pen>Sword, Belaya Noch, adam&eve and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I used to avoid mirrors when my depression was at its worse, literally would cover it. Now I'm able to take a glimpse cause I have to wear make up for work. I was always into selfies, since 2016 I haven't posted any. Guess i do t like the way I look, despite everyone telling me the opposite. Try and look at the mirror everyday just for a sec each day. Helped me...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: adam&eve, WornOutLife, sadworld and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I used to avoid mirrors when my depression was at its worse, literally would cover it. Now I'm able to take a glimpse cause I have to wear make up for work. I was always into selfies, since 2016 I haven't posted any. Guess i do t like the way I look, despite everyone telling me the opposite. Try and look at the mirror everyday just for a sec each day. Helped me...
That's only going to make it worse. There's a physically different looking face every time.

• Aww..
Reactions: sadworld
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
That's only going to make it worse. There's a physically different looking face every time.
Yeah I sometimes look at myself and ask who are you? Face says something the inside says something else....

• Love
Reactions: oversizedsweaters, Fehler and sadworld
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I hate taking picture too, today this world is so tied to social media and taking pictures..it's so annoying. All the time, my family wants to take pictures. I hate looking at myself, I hate seeing those pictures. I can relate

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost Magic, Good4Nothing, adam&eve and 3 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I get this way when I'm dissociated. It really sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: http-410 and sadworld
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I hate taking picture too, today this world is so tied to social media and taking pictures..it's so annoying. All the time, my family wants to take pictures. I hate looking at myself, I hate seeing those pictures. I can relate
Dunno how those kardashians are able to do that all day long.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I get this way when I'm dissociated. It really sucks.
Exactly that. Only I do it all the time. I use to be dissociated a lot worse then I am now so I just don't complain about it because it's better then that was.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld and BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Exactly that. Only I do it all the time. I use to be dissociated a lot worse then I am now so I just don't complain about it because it's better then that was.
Even if it's better now, it's alright to complain. Dissociation is awful and can be scary.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I feel like the longer I look in the mirror the more flaws are getting visible and I start doubting every single aspect of my looks.

Same goes for photos - only got 3 photos of my face I don't absolutely hate (and even those I rarely look at)

It used to be very bad when I was in school...I tried to hide behind others in group pictures.

Now in homeoffice I go days without looking at my reflection and it's so freeing.

• Hugs
Reactions: DocNo, adam&eve and Sherri
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I feel like the longer I look in the mirror the more flaws are getting visible and I start doubting every single aspect of my looks.

Same goes for photos - only got 3 photos of my face I don't absolutely hate (and even those I rarely look at)

It used to be very bad when I was in school...I tried to hide behind others in group pictures.

Now in homeoffice I go days without looking at my reflection and it's so freeing.
Yeah I do that too. I think my brain makes up half of them though just to make me feel worse.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and stygal
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

I can relate, in a wold that it's all about selfies, that name says it all. Selfishness, I avoid going to instagram cause I actually pity some of those people that post every 10 minutes, filters and all.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I can relate, in a wold that it's all about selfies, that name says it all. Selfishness, I avoid going to instagram cause I actually pity some of those people that post every 10 minutes, filters and all.
Yes, I don't like people taking selfies/photos of themselves every single day either. They literally look the same anyways and only do it out of vanity.
Plus I find filters (except for different colors schemes and black and white) so cringe.
I can't look at all those airbrushed, white theeth-ed, slimed down alien people.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes, I don't like people taking selfies/photos of themselves every single day either. They literally look the same anyways and only do it out of vanity.
Plus I find filters (except for different colors schemes and black and white) so cringe. I can't look at all those airbrushed, white theeth-ed, slimed down alien people.
Exactly, I was close friends with a girl, she is always doing selfies and silly videos, she had plastic surgery, I have nothing against that, but I look at her and ask myself, where is that friend that used to sleep over and have pop corns with me in my room? I told her that one day, she didn't like it.

Last edited:
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020

yeah. hate looking at myself.

in the mirror it is somehow not that bad. but watching myself on photos or videos is horrible. i also can't stand my voice.
always avoided to be on photos and since my teenage years there are really few photos of myself.

Plus I find filters (except for different colors schemes and black and white) so cringe.
I can't look at all those airbrushed, white theeth-ed, slimed down alien people.

this every day selfie stuff reminds me of an artist who takes now for already 20 years a selfie of himself and makes from time to time videos from it.
but ok - he has something in mind with that - so it's a different thing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
We all look different depending on how we feel and time of day, getting a lot of sleep like 16 hours improve our looks, there was a saying in the old days models like Kate Moss or Cindy Crawford will only get out of bed if offered 1 million photoshoot.

I have seen people looking worst if they haven't been getting a lot of sleep.

Also sometimes you see your perception of yourself in the mirror or photos.

I've seen people showing me photos of when there life was good and now images. They looked different alright because before they had a smile on their faces but now they have a frown.

Also people react differently to a smile and a frown, they take the smile as personal complement and frown as personal insult. I'm a frowner so I don't look at people anymore so they don't feel that it's about them.

Reactions: adam&eve
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah, I hate looking in the mirror, especially as I get older. The weight gain and hair loss hasn't helped either.