• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I want to apply for disability benefits for psych related issues, which is probably pretty hard to get. Has anyone actually been able to get approved for this reason? In the US. I feel that I won't be able to hold down my job for long because I constantly have mental breakdowns at work. And people notice, because we all work in the same space. Including my boss.

How did you successfully justify you needed it?

I'm still pursuing my education, so the income would be helpful until I graduate and get a job. If I don't kms first.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
It's extremely difficult to get SSI approved for mental illness. Your first step should be to talk to your provider to see if they think you qualify. You have to have a physician fill out a residual functional capacity form & extensive medical documentation showing your symptoms & what treatments you've tried. You're more likely to be approved the longer your documented history of symptoms. You also need to have proof that your symptoms have interfered with ability to work for at least a year. It doesn't have to completely take away your ability to work, just your ability to work full time. You'll also need an attorney who specializes in disability advocacy to help compile the necessary documents and present your case to the judge because there are a lot of hoops to jump through & many people are denied the first time they apply

Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

🤘
Jul 12, 2024
I've been receiving SSI for psych since 2008. Since about two years after I got out of the state hospital the first time. I had to get a disability lawyer even tho I spent 8 years in a state hospital ( I went back in after being rewarded SSI) and was currently homeless due to mental illness and the state hospital having literally dumped me on the streets upon my release. There are usually lawyers in every state, disability lawyers that will allow you to pay only a small portion of your lump sum after you win and only if you win. But it's going to be quite an uphill battle. You have to go thru multiple evaluations. If you don't have records of inpatient stays or therapy or anything for psych then forget about it. Sorry just being honest. They want you to have a long psychiatric record to reward SSI. Also if you live in California you will get more SSI than other states. I've lived in California and got about $250 more a month but when I left then state that money was taken away. The current max SSI payment is $941 a month for every state except California. I think New York should offer the extra money as well but I've been told they do not even tho the cost of living is also absurd. 🤦‍♀️