D

Derpnation21

Mar 23, 2021
Well, as the title states, I'm originally from Europe and have been in a great deal of pain for the last 16 years but the last 10 have been relentless with a whirlwind of therapists, medication suggestions, retreats and me throwing everything I had at this. I have LW SN, and managed to find it before it just disappeared from an online retailer, but can't use it until this covid stuff calms down so that my family are actually able to fly out and handle my affairs, including a pet I'm feeling so guilty about leaving behind. I want to ctb now but I have to wait. Just wallowing in bed feeling suffocated by the weight of this and everything that led me here. Anybody want to talk or share their thoughts?

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Being far from home is hard. The moment my suicidal thoughts turned into an attempt is the moment I decided to return home. Without insurance the cost of transporting a corpse is high. That's something I could never do to my family.

It sounds as if there are some things you can do in the meantime. Start getting your dog all the vaccines (s)he needs. Etc.

How long have you lived abroad? Are you from the EU?

D

Derpnation21

Mar 23, 2021
Lived abroad for around 6 years now, originally from the EU. I am hoping I can just be cremated here and my family can take my ashes back rather than going through the whole flying a corspe

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
It can still be expensive. I used to live in China. I recall I had up to a million euros to transport me home in the event of death on my insurance.
Do you have the right to stay permanentally in your country of residence.

D

Derpnation21

Mar 23, 2021
I have similar insurance but not sure if it covers suicide and can't think of how to look into that without raising red flags. No right to stay here just here for work

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Ah yeah. I dont know if it would cover that either. I'm sorry you're feeling this way and I know how bad being far from home can be when you feel like this

Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
That's such a tough situation to be in, I'm so sorry. I really have no advice but just wanted you to know that I read your post and my sympathies are with you. You must feel like you are in an impossible situation right now. What type of work do you do? Just curious.

• Love
Reactions: Derpnation21 and Tackingintothewind
D

Derpnation21

Mar 23, 2021
I plan on using SN and wouldn't move back before doing it because it's so heavily regulated in the EU and illegal to transport. I wouldn't want to risk not being able to do it and ending up stuck
That's such a tough situation to be in, I'm so sorry. I really have no advice but just wanted you to know that I read your post and my sympathies are with you. You must feel like you are in an impossible situation right now. What type of work do you do? Just curious.
Work for an accounting and consulting company here, nothing fancy but it pays the rent

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Yeah I can imagine that. Do your family know how you are feeling?

D

Derpnation21

Mar 23, 2021
They do and have always known but say super unhelpful things like "you're just not trying hard enough to be positive, everything will be fine, you're being dramatic". They don't understand mental health or how I'm feeling and that, along with other things, is why I barely talk to them

D

Derpnation21

Mar 23, 2021
She's called Tundra and I really love her but regret adopting her now because I didn't think far ahead to what would happen to her if I ctb. I also don't want to leave her behind

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Yeah dogs are a lot of responsibility. My flatmate got one in china it took us ages to get her ready to go home and cost my flatmate a lot of money.

Whatever you do dont leave her to a shelter