• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sh00

Jul 3, 2019
So I have the helium tank (large canister, more than enough to kill). A really strong bin bag. No leakage or breakage will happen with this one. Duct tape for the connections.

My questions are this - what sort of tubing is best? Will it be easy to get at a DIY store? Don't really want to order online as waiting around to die is just awful. The clock never moves.
Also how loud is the hissing noise when the helium tank valve is opened? Have housemates and don't know how careful I've got to be.

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
I think you're still missing a flow regulator.

And the sound might be noticeable, I'd probably do it in my car.

S

Sh00

Jul 3, 2019
Is the regulator essential? Or makes a truly significant difference?
In the methods I've read you can fill the bag, turn the valve off when it's suitably full and because of the lack of co2, keep breathing in and out until unconsciousness takes over.

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Well no. What you need is a constant flow of gas to flush the exhaled CO2 out of the bag. Because if too much of that accumulates, you'll feel like you're suffocating. (Which you will be, you just don't want to feel it.)

There's a flow rate that's considered ideal, I think it was 15 liters per minute, which will be rather difficult to hit just by turning the valve on a tank that's filled to 200 bar.

Reactions: Sh00
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
I also would recommend a flow-meter suited for helium (there is one for each gas, don't mix them). A low pressure can result in accumulation of CO2, you might take your hood off even when being unconscious. A high pressure will lead to barotrauma, and I personally think it might lead to puking into your lungs (I've read this in a autopsy report but no rea).

Also some companies mix oxygen into their helium tanks, are you sure you have a tank with pure helium?

I will use nitrogen, it's easier to get it pure.

Reactions: Sh00
S

Sh00

Jul 3, 2019
It's 99% pure helium. I also have cable ties that I'm going to use to restrain myself as much as possible, incase unconscious flailing occurs. Will look into regulator.
What tubing are you using?

NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
I don't have the tubing yet but I will make sure I don't need tapes. I want it to be as tight as possible. A informed user posted that the diameter doesn't affect the pressure, so if that's true, we are free to choose a tight one.