profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
then turn you in so someone can stop you!
What did @Greenberg specifically do, wrt "turning you in"? I need some explanation/evidence please... :aw::aw:
Dear @Butterfly65,

I'm so sorry for your suffering! You know I spent quite a bit of time helping you answer your inert gas questions in the past (so I do care and hope the best for you). @Greenberg, as well, did work very hard to help you with a lot of your questions (if I remember correctly)...

In case it got lost in the rest of the controversy...

Once again, and may I please ask you to kindly answer... Did @Greenberg "turn you in" (to someone else... or some "authorities")? If so, what happened??

This is a very serious allegation you have made. And if it didn't happen quite like that... we need to know, please.

Again, please, thank you! :aw: :aw:

Last edited:
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
You should learn to stop badgering other people, especially members who contribute helpful and valuable information. Go back and review your thread, it's so clear that you've the dire need for attention, and complaining about nothing fulfills that aim for you. Just noise filling the vacuum. We're still waiting for your earth-shattering evidence. If you can't or unable to present it, we'll all know it was just all hot air.

Food for thought: If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
You are the one badgering me! I've already started my evidence in my post. He befriended me. He asked a lot of personal questions, asked me for the exact date of CTB which is a huge red flag for others that have had the police coming knocking at their door after revealing the exact date to others. When I didn't give him a date he dissapeared. It's shady. I am done with this site and this conversation.
Dear @Butterfly65,

I'm so sorry for your suffering! You know I spent quite a bit of time helping you with your inert gas questions in the past (so I do care and hope the best for you). @Greenberg, as well, did work very hard to help you with a lot of your questions (if I remember correctly)...

Once again, and may I please ask you to kindly answer... Did @Greenberg "turn you in" (to someone else... or some "authorities")? If so, what happened??

This is a very serious allegation you have made. And if it didn't happen quite like that... we need to know, please.

How can I know if he was the one who "turned me in?" For sure? The police came knocking on my door this morning asking questions. He was the only one I had talked to via personal e mail and told him personal details, my real name, where I lived, He asked me a lot of personal questions, specifically the exact date I planned to CTB. If that's not enough for me to suspect he had something to do with it then I don't know what else to say except I'm done with this. This should NOT be happening!

Last edited:
Reactions: profoundexperience
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
If you have any doubts about the purity of your gas, you can fill a bag with it, elasticated around your arm, and once it's inflated, try to light a cigarette lighter. If the lighter doesn't fail to ignite, you know there's at least 16% oxygen in that bag. It's not the most scientific method, but it would be a quick handy indicator.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming
endergames

endergames

Aug 6, 2020
Forgive me if I'm wrong, you'd mentioned that you'd given personal info to 2 members, one of whom was @Greenberg. How do you know that it wasn't the other member who revealed your personal information? Do remember, you chose to foolishly reveal your personal info so you bear some responsibility for the outcome. May I ask who was the most recent member you consulted with: was it @Greenberg or the other member?

Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
Forgive me if I'm wrong, you'd mentioned that you'd given personal info to 2 members, one of whom was @Greenberg. How do you know that it wasn't the other member who revealed your personal information? Do remember, you chose to foolishly reveal your personal info so you bear some responsibility for the outcome. May I ask who was the most recent member you consulted with: was it @Greenberg or the other member?
I only corresponded with one guy via my personal e mail and knew my name and city I live. The other guy dissapeared when I wouldn't give him my real name city or e mail. So which one would you suspect? It seems shady to me. That's all I'm saying, just telling others to beware. Not everyone is what they appear to be.
Dear @Butterfly65,

I'm so sorry for your suffering! You know I spent quite a bit of time helping you answer your inert gas questions in the past (so I do care and hope the best for you). @Greenberg, as well, did work very hard to help you with a lot of your questions (if I remember correctly)...

Not to mention he's now threatening to post my name and personal info about me on his blog. Real trustworthy guy.

endergames

endergames

Aug 6, 2020
So was this other guy, @Greenberg? It all appears circumstantial to me. If you're telling strangers your identity and place of abode, who else have you casually leaked info to?

Why are people brushing you off? Are you too needy? Why are you giving people your real name and the city where you live? Again, because you're too needy and need attention?

So far, it's all hearsay. Again without definitive evidence, you're just creating an unnecessary and unwanted commotion. You've noticed that @Greenberg is ignoring you BTW. No one else is really taking you seriously...so sad...

Another thought to bear in mind: Loose lips sink ships.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
I had talked to via personal e mail and told him personal details, my real name, where I lived
Yeah, other people really don't need that information.
That's all I'm saying, just telling others to beware. Not everyone is what they appear to be.
Well said.

And, since you can't be absolutely sure how/why the police did a "check"...

The best you can do — and rightly so — is caution people not to share personal information...

Accusing another user, in public, without absolute surety, isn't very helpful.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: endergames and Greenberg
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
So was this other guy, @Greenberg? It all appears circumstantial to me. If you're telling strangers your identity and place of abode, who else have you casually leaked info to?

Why are people brushing you off? Are you too needy? Why are you giving people your real name and the city where you live? Again, because you're too needy and need attention?

So far, it's all hearsay. Again without definitive evidence, you're just creating an unnecessary and unwanted commotion. You've noticed that @Greenberg is ignoring you BTW. No one else is really taking you seriously...so sad...

Another thought to bear in mind: Loose lips sink ships.
Too trusting. I am pretty new to this site. Was looking for friendship and support. Guess it can't be found here so I am leaving the site. Peace out.
@Greenberg if it wasn't you, then I opologize. That's the best I can do.
Yeah, other people really don't need that information.

Well said.

And, since you can't be absolutely sure how/why the police did a "check"...

The best you can do — and rightly so — is caution people not to share personal information...

Accusing another user, in public, without absolutely surety, isn't very helpful.
I am absolutely sure the police did a check because they came to my door this morning and told me someone tipped them off that I was planning to harm myself. I can't say for absolute sure it was him who sent them. If it wasn't him I opologize. My post has not once mentioned him by name and I was just trying to warn others that not everyone is as they appear and to be careful and not trusting. He did threaten to post my personal information on his blog that's not kool or make him seem very trustworthy. This has happened to others on this site as well. I no longer feel comfortable here and will be leaving.
FYI: telling someone who's on a suicide site that's suffering mentally and physically that they are "too needy" is pretty fucked up and cold to say the least.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Greenberg and profoundexperience
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
I can't say for absolute sure it was him who sent them. If it wasn't him I opologize.
That's very good of you/appreciated!
I no longer feel comfortable here and will be leaving.
I'm sorry. And, I'm especially sorry & I'm personally agonizing for you about the police visit today (for whatever reason it occurred).

Maybe give it a few days before you decide... I think the key is to do exactly what you said/learned: Don't unnecessarily share personal information.

Last edited:
  • Love
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
That's good of you/appreciated!

I'm sorry. And, I'm especially sorry & agonizing for you about the police visit today (for whatever reason it occurred).

Maybe give it a few days before you decide... I think the key is to do what you said: Just don't unnecessarily share personal information.
I appreciate the support and compassion. It seems in short supply. I think after this experience I'll be moving on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg and profoundexperience
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I appreciate the support and compassion. It seems in short supply. I think after this experience I'll be moving on.
Your apology accepted. Best to you!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: endergames and Butterfly65
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
Planning on going out by exit bag. I bought 100% pure Helium 2 tanks and got a full instructuanal video on how to do it starring a famous dutch actor. I am in the Netherlands and from what I heard if the Helium is not 100% pure it should say so on the box. I even mailed the company that sells the tanks and they replied saying they didn't know of helium mixed with oxygen. So is this true? Are helium tanks in Holland really still pure? I need to make sure not to fuck up.
I would recommend you: Do not use these ballon tanks. You cannot trust the declaration of purity. A short time ago there was already a thread at this forum about this theme.

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Because this seems the most active discussion currently, and because an expert has been summoned, keen to hear thoughts on this as a potential Argon source locally. https://www.thetoolshed.co.nz/product/557-toolshed-gas-argon do you think it would be enough/do the job?
Given that it's specifically for welding, you can be pretty sure the purity levels are exactly as specified. Welders will know really damn quick if their gas is impure. Aside from that, the only concern is volume. At the ideal flow rate of 15 LPM, you're going to get 15-20 minutes out of that tank, tops. That's technically enough (you really only need a couple minutes of flow after you pull down the hood and after that breathing stops anyway) but it leaves no wiggle room for working up the nerves, trial runs, etc.

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Hi, @EADG,

Unfortunately, the Ar from your web link is not viable. If you review the label carefully, it contains CO2 in addition to Ar! Please feel free to review my Mar 24th blog entry as to why CO2 is added for certain types of welding.

Using the N2 gas volume chart (see blog entry Jan 24th) as a proxy for Ar, a 1L cylinder would hold 5.6cf of N2 @ 2216psi; similarly, a 2L cylinder will hold 11.2cf of N2. Ar is heavier than diatomic Nitrogen. For a given volume and pressure, it would be denser (see Aug 28th blog entry for precise conversion factors). You will only end up with 13.5cf of Ar, which is significantly less than the 20cf deemed sufficient for CBT.

Finally, the cylinder does not use the standard Type 50 connector for Australia/New Zealand (Oct 31st entry) so you may have difficulty finding the correct flow regulator for it.

Cheers!

• Hugs
Reactions: endergames and Mare Imbrium
E

EADG

Feb 23, 2021
Hi, @EADG,

Unfortunately, the Ar from your web link is not viable. If you review the label carefully, it contains CO2 in addition to Ar! Please feel free to review my Mar 24th blog entry as to why CO2 is added for certain types of welding.

Using the N2 gas volume chart (see blog entry Jan 24th) as a proxy for Ar, a 1L cylinder would hold 5.6cf of N2 @ 2216psi; similarly, a 2L cylinder will hold 11.2cf of N2. Ar is heavier than diatomic Nitrogen. For a given volume and pressure, it would be denser (see Aug 28th blog entry for precise conversion factors). You will only end up with 13.5cf of Ar, which is significantly less than the 20cf deemed sufficient for CBT.

Finally, the cylinder does not use the standard Type 50 connector for Australia/New Zealand (Oct 31st entry) so you may have difficulty finding the correct flow regulator for it.

Cheers!
Hi @Greenberg

I had noticed that, but looking at the other tanks, including the CO2 tank, they all have the same label aside from the white text. My hunch is that they simply changed the text using an image editor to save on taking pictures of each cylinder. Having said that, the size of the tanks does still pose a significant problem and I'd like to thank both you for your response and the links to your blog and @Thanatonaut for your feedback, I don't think I'll be going with this Argon cylinder.

I have found this: https://www.boc.co.nz/shop/en/nz/gases/nitrogen-gas/nitrogen-industrial-grade--oxygen-free

Does this look more promising? and if so, could you recommend a size of tank?

• Hugs
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Hi @Greenberg

I had noticed that, but looking at the other tanks, including the CO2 tank, they all have the same label aside from the white text. My hunch is that they simply changed the text using an image editor to save on taking pictures of each cylinder. Having said that, the size of the tanks does still pose a significant problem and I'd like to thank both you for your response and the links to your blog and @Thanatonaut for your feedback, I don't think I'll be going with this Argon cylinder.

I have found this: https://www.boc.co.nz/shop/en/nz/gases/nitrogen-gas/nitrogen-industrial-grade--oxygen-free

This looks good and the valve connection looks right. You may wish to consider purchasing/renting an aluminum cylinder as opposed to a steel one.
Hi @Greenberg

In terms of tank size, you require something that is no less than 0.57m^3 (~20cf). The smallest one on the list appears to be the 1.8m^3 cylinder.

Last edited:
Reactions: endergames and EADG