theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021
My partner and I are going through some pretty difficult times and are fed up with life. After many months of discussions we decided the exit bag was a good way for us to ctb and taking control of our future.
I've just finished the construction of our set up. Although we haven't set a date it feels like it won't be long. Having practiced putting the bag on. I folded it up and then I found myself having my first panic attack. Unexpected, I assume a survival instinct of some description as my brain processes what I'm planning. Lots of love to everyone and I hope you die in your sleep tonight xx

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tiredofitall2323, fly away, SheJumped and 16 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The survival instinct can be the hardest thing about taking our own lives. If this is the option you want then I wish you peace.

Reactions: justamortal, fly away, PaxAmerica and 2 others
theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021
Reactions: GasMonkey, xrafinha, Seaghost and 5 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
This is my 2nd method if I can't get n. For some reason going with the bag freaks me out which is why i'm opting for a mask.

Hmm, not sure if this matters but is one tank sufficient for two ppl?

Reactions: The Lonely
theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021
@Greenberg would love to hear your thoughts. It has 9L liquid capacity.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
Hey, I am planing to use the exit bag as well. Don't know when exactly it will happen but I want everything to be ready and thought through when I feel ready to go.

I: I am not sure if it is possible to commit it in a lying position? As far as I know one should sit upright if using the exit bag. I forgot the exact reason but it has something to do with the physics of the gas and the exit bag . (I will use nitrogen and not Argon - not sure if that is making any difference for this)
one should assure that the body doesn't fall aside after fainting which could be solved by using somthing like a armchair.

II: Do you think it is 100% okay to have the gas bottle lying while using it? I have though about using a pod filled with sand to stabilize the bottle in an upright position (I mentioned it with a sketch in one of my previous threads)

Reactions: Mare Imbrium and littlelungs
theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021
Hey, I am planing to use the exit bag as well. Don't know when exactly it will happen but I want everything to be ready and thought through when I feel ready to go.

I: I am not sure if it is possible to commit it in a lying position? As far as I know one should sit upright if using the exit bag. I forgot the exact reason but it has something to do with the physics of the gas and the exit bag . (I will use nitrogen and not Argon - not sure if that is making any difference for this)
one should assure that the body doesn't fall aside after fainting which could be solved by using somthing like a armchair.

II: Do you think it is 100% okay to have the gas bottle lying while using it? I have though about using a pod filled with sand to stabilize the bottle in an upright position (I mentioned it with a sketch in one of my previous threads)
Great comment. I only placed it on the bed for illustration purposes. We will be reclined in a lazy boy with the canister strapped to a table. Can't afford to fail. I wish you peace x

Reactions: Mare Imbrium, littlelungs and BeBraveBrother
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Good luck. Are you not afraid of one of you failing and getting imprisoned for assisted suicide?

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
This is my 2nd method if I can't get n. For some reason going with the bag freaks me out which is why i'm opting for a mask.

Hmm, not sure if this matters but is one tank sufficient for two ppl?
I've had my head in a noose, overdosed, stood on the ledge of a bridge etc, but the exit bag freaks me out the most as well for some reason. I honestly couldn't tell you why. Inert gas asphyxiation is my preferred method (after N) so I'll have to either be drugged out of my mind on benzos to be able to put the bag on, or just use a mask instead.

Reactions: lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I've had my head in a noose, overdosed, stood on the ledge of a bridge etc, but the exit bag freaks me out the most as well for some reason. I honestly couldn't tell you why. Inert gas asphyxiation is my preferred method (after N) so I'll have to either be drugged out of my mind on benzos to be able to put the bag on, or just use a mask instead.
Probably because your entire face is enclosed in plastic. At least with the other methods you have some form of freedom regarding your body. With the exit bag method you have to be completly still and make sure no air gets into the bag. not an ideal method for people who are Closter phobic.

Same,but I'm hoping when the time comes i'll be so at peace and ready that I won't need the drugs.

Reactions: Meditation guide
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
Great comment. I only placed it on the bed for illustration purposes. We will be reclined in a lazy boy with the canister strapped to a table. Can't afford to fail. I wish you peace x

Thanks a lot for sharing! I don't know where I would be if I wouldn't have found this forum.
I think strapping the bottle to a table could be a solution. I might use ropes + duck tape. Sometimes it's the easy solutions that don't come to mind.
Thanks a lot!!!

Foreversad

Foreversad

(D)uck prolifers
Jun 21, 2021
Guys considering the same way after N .even thinking of combining if i could !

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Probably because your entire face is enclosed in plastic. At least with the other methods you have some form of freedom regarding your body. With the exit bag method you have to be completly still and make sure no air gets into the bag. not an ideal method for people who are Closter phobic.

Same,but I'm hoping when the time comes i'll be so at peace and ready that I won't need the drugs.
Makes total sense. I feel claustrophobic very easily.

I hope you'll be so at peace when the time comes, too, and that it will go as smoothly as it possibly can for you. ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and Foreversad
Foreversad

Foreversad

(D)uck prolifers
Jun 21, 2021
Makes total sense. I feel claustrophobic very easily.

I hope you'll be so at peace when the time comes, too, and that it will go as smoothly as it possibly can for you. ❤️
Me too but im more afraid of pain misery life ilnesses and this screwed society

• Hugs
Reactions: HelloAllYouPeople and littlelungs
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Me too but im more afraid of pain misery life ilnesses and this screwed society
I totally get that. I know, life is hard, even for the ones who "have it good", never mind those who are struggling immensely day in and day out on top of it all. And this society is an absolute gongshow, to put it mildly.

Hugs.
Good luck. Are you not afraid of one of you failing and getting imprisoned for assisted suicide?
That's a very valid concern. I think in this case (or whenever ctb with someone else) it's good to have a backup method to either take before putting on the exit bag (SN comes to mind, but there are lots of other different things one could take), or to have an extra canister of inert gas available in case one of the people isn't successful. Even if you don't end up needing the extra canister, it definitely doesn't hurt to have it on-hand in cases like these.

To OP: Best of luck, and I sincerely wish you and your partner peace.

Last edited:
BigLucs

BigLucs

M-23 NC. Don't want to turn 24.
Apr 30, 2020
Hey I know this may be a bit of a hassle but would you mind giving some tips on where you were able to source everything and the approximate cost? How difficult was setup? What resources did you use for planning. That sort of thing.
Thanks

Also I'd recommend having a backup onsite incase one person fails. It would be horrible to get in trouble for that sort of thing while also losing your only helper.

Foreversad

Foreversad

(D)uck prolifers
Jun 21, 2021
Are these flow meter really needed ? How do u attach it guys and wheee tobuy them ?

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
@Greenberg would love to hear your thoughts. It has 9L liquid capacity.
Your cylinder capacity is fine as long as you are employing a flow regulator. Is your regulator a flow regulator? I cannot tell from your photos. It is crucial that you double the flow rate to around 30LPM to be successful. Please be aware that flow rates are a function of tubing/hose diameter. It is suggested that you use standard oxygen tubing instead of the thick hose in your photos. Without a flow regulator, a thick hose -- from the regulator -- will drain your gas much faster. Best!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lonely and Mare Imbrium
theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021
Your cylinder capacity is fine as long as you are employing a flow regulator. Is your regulator a flow regulator? I cannot tell from your photos. It is crucial that you double the flow rate to around 30LPM to be successful. Please be aware that flow rates are a function of tubing/hose diameter. It is suggested that you use standard oxygen tubing instead of the thick hose in your photos. Without a flow regulator, a thick hose -- from the regulator -- will drain your gas much faster. Best!
Would you suggest changing the tubing even with the flow regulator? I really appreciate your feedback btw.
6AF6FE52 930E 4092 8442 92AEF3EF0762

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lonely and Foreversad
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Would you suggest changing the tubing even with the flow regulator? I really appreciate your feedback btw.
View attachment 70443
Your photo is out of focus on the flow rate gauge. What is the maximum LPM value on the gauge? And what gas are you using?

Last edited:
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
what country are you guys in (if you dont mind me asking)?

im in Australia and hoping to use this method to ctb in the future but im not sure if i will be able to gather all the resources needed.

i also think its great that you have someone to ctb with, it must make it a bit easier.

Reactions: The Lonely and Mare Imbrium
Foreversad

Foreversad

(D)uck prolifers
Jun 21, 2021
what country are you guys in (if you dont mind me asking)?

im in Australia and hoping to use this method to ctb in the future but im not sure if i will be able to gather all the resources needed.

i also think its great that you have someone to ctb with, it must make it a bit easier.
Greece

S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
Wow hold on stop. That set up doesn't look right.

You need 15 liters per minute per person. You need a flow regulator for that.
That tank is 90 liters, that's 6 minutes for one person but 3 minutes for two people. That's not a lot of time, things could easily go wrong with such s short exposure.

The way you connect those hoses you can't property regulate where the gas is flowing. If you exhale you might push your gasses including CO2 back into the hose while the helium flows to your partner. This could lead one or both of you going into respiratory distress. (And possibly pulling the bag off)

This set up looks risky. You should just have 1 dedicated tank for each person abd both taks should have a flow regulator.

Some guy wrote he will use a mask instead. Masks tend to leak a lot, especially if you are unconcious and can't correct the placement of the mask. Leaking masks will likely cause your suicide attempt to fail because you're still breathing in some oxigen. It can also lead to surviving with permanent brain damage.

You may think tjis doesn't matter because either you die or you don't, but how sad would it be if your partner survives with your corpse and an empty bottle of heliumIIn bed with her, or if you get found wearing that mask and the next time you wake up you're strapped up in hospital needing yo explain to your family what you were doing and planning your trip to the psy ward, that is, if you didn't suffer too much brain damage and don't need a wheelchair.

Just saying,

Think it through

Reactions: Keto, RowdyH999, xkonstantinexx and 1 other person
theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021

That tank is 90 liters, that's 6 minutes for one person but 3 minutes for two people. That's not a lot of time, things could easily go wrong with such s short exposure.

The way you connect those hoses you can't property regulate where the gas is flowing. If you exhale you might push your gasses including CO2 back into the hose while the helium flows to your partner. This could lead one or both of you going into respiratory distress. (And possibly pulling the bag off)

This set up looks risky. You should just have 1 dedicated tank for each person abd both taks should have a flow regulator.

Some guy wrote he will use a mask instead. Masks tend to leak a lot, especially if you are unconcious and can't correct the placement of the mask. Leaking masks will likely cause your suicide attempt to fail because you're still breathing in some oxigen. It can also lead to surviving with permanent brain damage.

You may think tjis doesn't matter because either you die or you don't, but how sad would it be if your partner survives with your corpse and an empty bottle of heliumIIn bed with her, or if you get found wearing that mask and the next time you wake up you're strapped up in hospital needing yo explain to your family what you were doing and planning your trip to the psy ward, that is, if you didn't suffer too much brain damage and don't need a wheelchair.

Just saying,

Think it through
Thanks for your details response. That's what I love about this community. People engage and try and offer solutions. The gas tank is 9L liquid so about 2.3M3 so I calculated it as having approx 1500 gas litres. At 30L per min that's about 50mins of gas each. But I'm now definitely considering a second canister just because I worry about the gas all going into one bag. I guess as soon as we have the bags above our head we will see how they inflate. Could be a good test.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020

That was well explained. I couldn't quite figure out why this method seemed like I wouldn't be able to do it. I have claustrophobia. I would probably yeet the bag off my head.

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
It worked for me to pull the exit bag over my head and walk around with it and do usual stuff. It made me feel more comfortable with it. I have a XXL bag (around 60cm width).

Reactions: FromGermany, Rolo and Mare Imbrium
O

Originaldon

Student
Aug 27, 2020

Just saying,

Think it through
Probabaly best to understand how compressed gas works before offering advice on a method like this. 90L is liquid capacity not gas capacity. By definition it is compressed in to the cylinder so is far greater in volume when uncompressed.

Reactions: theunderdog and Greenberg
S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
Thank you for reminding me, however others had already pointed that out and I think my mistake was understandable, don't you think so?
I hope you found the rest of my post on point.

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg