• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Anyone? I'm a heavy smoker of late (suicidal mind fuckery), and am planning on using the exit bag with nitrogen.

Someone mentioned somewhere that I should stop smoking a few days before I attempt.

Why?

Alysia

Alysia

Jul 3, 2018
Hi Smilla,
The Peaceful Pill Handbook states the following (on page 76 of a 2014 PDF version I have):
Hypoxic Death & the Exit Bag

Who should not use the Exit Bag

For a peaceful death one must be able to fully exhale and
inhale. This allows the rapid exchange of the air in the lungs
with the gas in the bag. Some respiratory diseases can make
this difficult or impossible.

For example, people with emphysema or chronic obstructive
airways disease should be aware of possible problems if they
attempt to use this method. If the gas exchange cannot take
place quickly, the time before consciousness is lost can be
unacceptably long and result in panic. This phenomena may
explain some of the reports of unexplained failures using this
method described in the "Gas Purity" section.

My guess would be that if you were a heavy smoker, maybe your ability to fully exhale and inhale could be reduced? This is the only thing that really comes to my mind that could perhaps be the reason for those recommendations. I have heard smokers say that upon quiting, they just feel a lot better very quickly, even after days, so maybe it could make a meaningful difference.

Due to the nature of this method of exit, it would make sense to try to have as good lung function as possible in the moment of executing the method. So, if at all possible, maybe it wouldn't be unreasonable to stop smoking for a few days. But keep in mind this is all my non-medical speculation. :)

Last edited:
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Hi Smilla,
The Peaceful Pill Handbook states the following (on page 76 of a 2014 PDF version I have):

My guess would be that if you were a heavy smoker, maybe your ability to fully exhale and inhale could be reduced? This is the only thing that really comes to my mind that could perhaps be the reason for those recommendations. I have heard smokers say that upon quiting, they just feel a lot better very quickly, even after days, so maybe it could make a meaningful difference.

Due to the nature of this method of exit, it would make sense to try to have as good lung function as possible in the moment of executing the method. So, if at all possible, maybe it wouldn't be unreasonable to stop smoking for a few days. But keep in mind this is all my non-medical speculation. :)

Thank you for your response. I'm planning on quitting or at least drastically reducing smoking for a few days prior, as it's been only recently that I increased cigarettes per day.

Aaron

Aaron

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Smilla,

My guess would be that if you were a heavy smoker, maybe your ability to fully exhale and inhale could be reduced? This is the only thing that really comes to my mind that could perhaps be the reason for those recommendations. I have heard smokers say that upon quiting, they just feel a lot better very quickly, even after days, so maybe it could make a meaningful difference, but all this is just my non-medical speculation.
We can still fully exhale. Various gases etc even better then someone not used to inhale toxic posions every day. What might be the case is that our body can't process it as good as non-smokers - that's the case with oxigen if I go run I feel like I have no air. "Feeling good" really depends on user. I'm sure most will be zombies trying to get their fix, it's addiction after all. I'll also leave my "non-medical speculation" disclaimer at the end :D

Reactions: dano6533
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
We can still fully exhale. Various gases etc even better then someone not used to inhale toxic posions every day. What might be the case is that our body can't process it as good as non-smokers - that's the case with oxigen if I go run I feel like I have no air. "Feeling good" really depends on user. I'm sure most will be zombies trying to get their fix, it's addiction after all. I'll also leave my "non-medical speculation" disclaimer at the end :D
Nitrogen is not a toxic poison, it comprises 78 percent of the air we breathe.

T

Tiburcio

Nitrogen is not a toxic poison, it comprises 78 percent of the air we breathe.
Thia is true. Lots of persons say the nitrogen or even the helium are toxic because they can replace the oxygen in the air if isn't regulated or because it's used for suicide like in the exit bag method. But it's not true. Nitrogen doesn't kill. The lack of oxygen is what kills you, and the nitrogen acts as a substitute keeping the air free of oxygen.

M

mukthi

Jun 14, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-04-08-17-51-730.jpeg
    Screenshot_2018-07-04-08-17-51-730.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 31
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
Alysia's response was what I had in mind. I had the same thought last week concerning lung capacity since i'm using nitro as a backup. Although I'll be near 11,000' elevation (a 10,000-foot higher elevation than where I currently reside), I've also ran 2.5 miles every day for the past many years so I decided I'm just going to roll dice with the mountains.

Reactions: dano6533 and Smilla