• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Life is inherently meaningless-it has no intrinsic value because everything we do only leads to one outcome your inevitable demise so any value life has is lost upon death

In the end, everything is meaningless. Your death is certain and final. No heaven awaits; you just cease to exist. Life is but a spark in the infinite blackness, a spark that appears, flickers, and dies forever. What meaning could that have? You will soon be forgotten, nothing you do can make any difference in the long run, and none of it matters.

death means everything is meaningless

Life is all forced so is death what we need is choice in these important matters, the choice whether or not to be born and the choice to die if we so choose

edit
apparently, i'm not allowed to post things as objective facts these are my opinions only or beliefs

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I find it comforting personally to think of this existence being permanently being forgotten about, I'd always prefer to not exist and only see non-existence as being ideal. It's so incredibly tragic how people force life here in the first place even know there was never a need for existence at all, I wish they'd just leave the non-existent alone in peace and not impose decades of meaningless suffering where one is just waiting to die anyway onto them.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Don't you appreciate music, films, games or anything else by deceased artists? Without the brainy people who invented radios, televisions and computers etc. we'd have no distractions at all. Do you think your favourite things in life are meaningless? They needn't have bothered?

Try to go a day without using something that someone who's now dead had a hand in inventing/ creating- you probably can't. That means living outdoors, drinking from rivers, shitting in the woods, not wearing any clothes, trying to create your own shelter, finding your own food and no medical support if you get ill. Does that sound like a happier life? Because- all of the things we take for granted- basic sanitation, water, food, shelter, healthcare moving up to luxury things like entertainment were all also (by your definition,) a total waste of time. They needn't have bothered.

Maybe we should have just stayed as cavemen. Why bother inventing the wheel- right? Of course- maybe that's true in the long-run! Maybe we wouldn't be alive without advances in medicine, technology, knowledge.

But- why should any of us bother? Farmers have a tough life. Maybe they should just sunbathe and let the rest of us starve and try to grow stuff ourselves. Who really enjoys working that much? Why don't we all quit? Would you be ok with your benefits drying up?

We'd be kind of screwed if everyone took the nihilist attitude. I suspect starvation would begin to induce violence towards one another. Which, maybe you'd welcome? We all annihilate one another? Except, we probably wouldn't. At least some people would decide they don't fancy starving but they also don't want the food they are growing stolen. So, maybe they build walls around their habitats. Maybe they group together with other like minded people- strength in numbers and all that. Share skills and resources. Trade and viola- we're back to a society of sorts.

I agree, it's hard to feel motivated in this world when we don't feel purpose but to be honest, to say it's all meaningless doesn't make sense to me. I'm grateful to at least not be starving and to be able to get the things I need to survive easily. I love listening to music and watching films. The internet is a great resource. I love to be able to appreciate other people's art and inventions. I'm glad they made the effort.

Reactions: divinemistress36