"We've been dating for 6 months and now we're official"

"Hey! I want to introduce you to my man!"

"My and my girl are gonna get engaged one day"

"Hey bae! *kisses his gf*"

So on and so on and so on

Every person I've met these past couple of months have one thing in common

Relationships

Always holding hands, their wastes, smiling, and kissing around me

And all I've managed to hold down are hookups, friends with benefits, and just casual stuff

Even the guy I rejected some months ago, now has a gf

Im 25, all I have under my belt is a degree and a job. And now way out of my toxic family situation for the time being and just therapy

I'm nothing. I'm worth nothing

All these wonderful people have something I don't and cant' have

They are traumatized and damaged like me. So of course they can be in love and flaunt it around me

I'm going to start not hanging around these people

I can't take seeing what I can't have

I have to keep my distance and protect my peace

Knowing my therapist she'll probably input why its a bad idea

But she isn't in my shoes so what the hell is she to say?

I know how I feel, and I am tired of being the third well

Hell two weekends in a row I was hanging with a group of friends (5 total) and each pair was in an active relationship

And then theres my single ass sticking out

I'm doing, I'm tired

Why is no one else around me single?

Why is life trying to hurt me?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: outatime_85, Forever Sleep, Huntfish34 and 3 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I can feel you , I'm a straight male around the same age as you . I am in a similar situation except I haven't even done casual stuff .
People are getting married, getting in a relationship left, right and center . My facebook, instagram feed is full of couples or colleagues getting wedded.
I feel sorry for your situation , It must be hard going in a group where people are getting romantic attention which you are craving for . It must be like everybody around is having a feast while you are starving . As a fellow single person I can feel the pinch you are feeling .

Reactions: Water-Lily
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
relatable other than having friends, casual encounters, and a job... everyone else is a real person and we are on the outside looking in

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I can feel you , I'm a straight male around the same age as you . I am in a similar situation except I haven't even done casual stuff .
People are getting married, getting in a relationship left, right and center . My facebook, instagram feed is full of couples or colleagues getting wedded.
I feel sorry for your situation , It must be hard going in a group where people are getting romantic attention which you are craving for . It must be like everybody around is having a feast while you are starving . As a fellow single person I can feel the pinch you are feeling .
I'm shocked how I havent made a single friend. It feels so isolating where I am in life tbh...

I mean casual relationships/sex is fun but it also has its own issues. I try to be safe

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I used to feel like this a lot- especially at your age. (I'm 43 now.) It isn't the best solution but I'm more or less a recluse now! Deleted social media. Just don't want my nose rubbed in all that stuff. It's tricky if you have to be around other people though. Are there any other singles around you can gravitate to? They're probably feeling just as pissed off with it all!

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I used to feel like this a lot- especially at your age. (I'm 43 now.) It isn't the best solution but I'm more or less a recluse now! Deleted social media. Just don't want my nose rubbed in all that stuff. It's tricky if you have to be around other people though. Are there any other singles around you can gravitate to? They're probably feeling just as pissed off with it all!
I dont know if I'd want to delete social media entirely, or become a recluse. Both sound unleahty and isolating for me especially
I dont know what I'll do, but I will take greater distance to protect myself (trauma response is all I live by)
Like, instead of posting my art to my instagram I'm going to post to my deviant art where nobody knows me

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I dont know if I'd want to delete social media entirely, or become a recluse. Both sound unleahty and isolating for me especially
I dont know what I'll do, but I will take greater distance to protect myself (trauma response is all I live by)
Like, instead of posting my art to my instagram I'm going to post to my deviant art where nobody knows me

Yes- it isn't at all a healthy way to deal with it! I wouldn't really recommend it as such. I guess the trick is to find people to be around that don't make you feel awful. Then, just try and limit it to small talk with people who you know are going to trigger you.

Yeah- sharing your work can also feel quite vulnerable. I'm creative too and we put so much of ourselves into our work. That sounds like a good idea though- using 'deviant art' to still share your work online.

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I feel for trauma survivors who's already been damaged (and fear more damage) the desire to self protect is so great and understandable

And deviantart is a website for artists lol

And I guess I haven't ever really found my "people". But for those in my life who do trigger me (even if it isn't intentional) I have to have my boundaries in place. At the end of the day, it isn't really about them. It's about me taking care of me
Yes- it isn't at all a healthy way to deal with it! I wouldn't really recommend it as such. I guess the trick is to find people to be around that don't make you feel awful. Then, just try and limit it to small talk with people who you know are going to trigger you.

Yeah- sharing your work can also feel quite vulnerable. I'm creative too and we put so much of ourselves into our work. That sounds like a good idea though- using 'deviant art' to still share your work online.
Sometimes I wish suicide was a socially acceptable way to deal with this

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep