lostnfound

lostnfound

they/them | i wish i could stay in my mind forever
Oct 15, 2023
I waste so much time writing vents, whether it be in a server to friends who mostly do not care or to potential helplines, only to delete them before I finish sending them. In fact, it has just happened again and I don't have enough energy to summarize what it was about. Does anyone else have this problem? At first, it was because I feared not being understood by those friends, but now that this vent is going to SaSu where more people may understand where I'm coming from, I still deleted it before I even realized what I was doing. I don't know why really. It could be from still being afraid of being judged or misunderstood. If anyone else has this issue for some reason, why do you do it?

• Love
Reactions: Immensevoid, Sannti, HuskyD'hiver and 2 others
Namensjemand

Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
Those suffering often expirence intense urges of speaking up. There is no clear understanding to it. All it says is that you are a steam vent about to blow. Very dishearting but nothing strange on here. Do you see and understand the pressure? Are you ready to openly, clearly and honestly put it into words?

• Love
Reactions: DrearyAsh348 and lostnfound
DearAgony

DearAgony

Oct 11, 2023
I have this same sort of issue. I'm my own worst enemy and I can't bring myself to talk about anything.

• Love
Reactions: geraldofrivia, DrearyAsh348 and lostnfound
lostnfound

lostnfound

Oct 15, 2023
Those suffering often expirence intense urges of speaking up. There is no clear understanding to it. All it says is that you are a steam vent about to blow. Very dishearting but nothing strange on here. Do you see and understand the pressure? Are you ready to openly, clearly and honestly put it into words?
Ahh, that makes a lot of sense in hindsight. While I still think I'm not ready to word it correctly and I'm not in the right headspace right now to think about it to to fully understand it, this is helpful for understanding why. Thank you so much for your insight!

• Love
Reactions: DrearyAsh348
D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
Dude, I literally wrote about how IBS with violet diarrhea made me underweight and ruined my relationship with food, and people were nothing but sympathetic. Trust me you can say pretty much anything and everything here. Maybe we don't know about your exact situation, but we all have a vague idea of what is going through your head, that's why we're here. So just vent it out, let it go and it will make you feel better, even if just a little.

• Love
Reactions: DrearyAsh348 and lostnfound
lostnfound

lostnfound

Oct 15, 2023
I have this same sort of issue. I'm my own worst enemy and I can't bring myself to talk about anything.
Exactly! I know that it could and would probably help to open up, but the words simply stop before they reach my tongue :( (or fingers, in this case)

• Hugs
Reactions: DrearyAsh348 and DearAgony
rebdomine

rebdomine

“sick or evil or both”
Oct 11, 2023
I often find it cathartic to write vents and pretend someone is listening and understanding, even if I never planned to share them with anyone in the first place. If writing gives you even the tiniest amount of relief it's not a waste of time at all! But I do hope you'll find yourself comfortable enough in sharing them if that is what you need.

• Love
Reactions: DrearyAsh348, DearAgony and lostnfound
DrearyAsh348

DrearyAsh348

May 8, 2023
Yeah, I also do this a lot. For me it's because of fear that I will end up bothering others in some way. I'm not used to posting comments online, honestly. Only reason I do it here is because I'm motivated by the thought of ctb and so I push myself to post.

But I also think there can be a lot of reasons for it, like:

1) By the time a person writes all their feelings out, it may feel pointless to post because the emotions have already passed.​
2) The contents of the writing might be too personal to post.​
3) Online interaction is anonymous and it's unknown who exactly is seeing a post (fear of strangers).​
4) Self-sabotage, like if a person holds themselves back from posting and thinks "no one will care anyway," or similar thoughts. Happens sometimes.​

• Love
Reactions: lostnfound and TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I had to consciously work at reduce this. Still get it occasionally, yesterday is an example, nowadays I am someone with little left to say about this world unless fellow human beings showed a little effort to end the sick culture that we all know is wrong.
The previous posters have articulated it well like yourself so it's been a decent thread.

• Love
Reactions: lostnfound
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I waste so much time writing vents, whether it be in a server to friends who mostly do not care or to potential helplines, only to delete them before I finish sending them. In fact, it has just happened again and I don't have enough energy to summarize what it was about. Does anyone else have this problem? At first, it was because I feared not being understood by those friends, but now that this vent is going to SaSu where more people may understand where I'm coming from, I still deleted it before I even realized what I was doing. I don't know why really. It could be from still being afraid of being judged or misunderstood. If anyone else has this issue for some reason, why do you do it?
I don't write things down but I vent in my head. I plan to ring a person or see a friend and really tell them how bad it is. I rarely do it and if I do I water it down.

• Love
Reactions: lostnfound