• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I doubt that any of my closer friends are here (which are only 4 anyways).
They're pretty happy with their lifes.
But maybe an acquaintance of some sort might recognize me but that would be a coincidence with very low probability.

Reactions: xLosthopex
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I've ran into people I never knew in IRL and once i met them in IRL i mentioned obscure online communities and they admitted they were a part of them. I don't mean like meeting someone IRL who played WOW or played call of duty, i mean like super narrow stuff like maybe only 30 people in the whole world were in it.

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I figure there must be, but since this is available globally. The likelyhood isn't very high.

Reactions: xLosthopex
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I think about this but I doubt it. I do have a bad habit of projecting the personalities of people I know on to online people but I still highly doubt it.

I project allot. Usually to my own dismay.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yess! I certainly do but, I think they're just lurkers (guests).

sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i think everyone i know has outgrown their suicidal phase (good for them)

Jester

Jester

Student
Dec 19, 2019
The other day I read a comment on a thread that I could have sworn was written by my mom. It looked a lot like her talking. I know it wasn't her because she's brazilian and doesn't speak a single word in english. That was very strange, though.

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
Maybe it seems far fetched, but especially for those who live in small countries(like me) it seems a lot more likely
I've met people on here who I actually have mutual acquaintances with which is so crazy
How do you think you'd feel if you met someone you knew on here? Would you talk to them or just avoid/block them?
I have a sense that there could be a few people I know irl who've at least visited this
I often wonder if anyone I know will come across my profile/posts after I ctb...
lol that reminds me of going to gay dance clubs when i was a little cutie pie boy before I was legal drinking age to get in. if someone saw me in a gay club, well they must be too. so fuck it. don't worry. they are here too and surprise surprise!

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I do sometimes think it. I wonder if the suicidal therapists are one i know I always wonder when I'm on these sites

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I thought about just recently and how weird it would be. But I guess everyone is here for a reason and mostly focused on finding "answers" themselves. And nobody really can call you out for being here - once they've registered they're in the same boat!

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I randomly talked to someone and discovered that they (at the very least) live in the same city as me, and the country is outside of the anglosphere. Weird feeling.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I randomly talked to someone and discovered that they (at the very least) live in the same city as me, and the country is outside of the anglosphere. Weird feeling.
I had a similar experience recently.

Reactions: Makko
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I doubt anyone I know irl is here, but I'm almost certain that one of my online friends is here. He's attempted multiple times and has talked about going on similar forums, so he's almost definitely here as well.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
My husband once joined... does that count? (admin booted him soon as they realised!)

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I would be surprised but considering I only talk with only one person of this forum I highly doubt we will know

MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Suffering
Jul 11, 2020
Well I personally dont believe so but there are some slight chances there is, if there is someone i would probably try to avoid him, I do t want anyone to know me and dig into me, i just wanna die quietly.

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
My husband once joined... does that count? (admin booted him soon as they realised!)
why is that a valid reason for someone to be banned? unless he was trying to snoop and stop you - but the forums are open for even those without an account to see, so not like banning the account would make much difference there.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
why is that a valid reason for someone to be banned? unless he was trying to snoop and stop you - but the forums are open for even those without an account to see, so not like banning the account would make much difference there.

He was being a narcissistic bastard, by joining up he could also then see my profile which (was a different one then) because it was locked off for non users

charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
I have met two people off of SS IRL, know one's name and address and we talk still on Kik, am planning to meet another one soon and one knows my name and address as I do his because I sent him a care package. Also, my ex fiancee whom I met elsewhere happened to have an account on this site as well so we followed each other.

Safety on the internet everyone! xD

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I do not know very many people in real life, overall I cannot stand people and I see it as better to stay away from others. I am glad that I barely know any people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
My closest friend in the whole world was also an active user of the old subreddit, unbeknownst to me at the time. Doubt anyone else I know in the meatspace uses this site, if one of my flatmates being a ctb hotline operator is any indication.