• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Marz

Marz

À PEU PRÈS
Aug 3, 2018
me too. it makes me feel weird because i have some acquaintances that have had rather normal childhoods and turned out decent and here i am- all fucked up and lost and dead alive. and i just think to myself- oh my god, what i'd give to be in their place. to not be how i am.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Saga, Numbtopain97 and 2 others
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
All the time, often look at strangers walking by. Wondering what it would be like to be them. This fucked up mind is all I've ever known.

Reactions: Rocksandsand, TheDevilsAngel, Baskol1 and 1 other person
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
No. I'm glad I'm not normal. Being normal is boring. And I wouldn't be the person I am today and know all the things I do if I was normal. Glad I'm not flocking with the rest of the sheep.

Reactions: Saga
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Sometimes i do and others i like been different from normal people in society as alot of them are so ignorant...

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
Na, life may have given me plenty of crap, but I've also had a lot of fun along the way & met some of the nicest mad people you could ever hope to meet.

Normal = Boring

GreyMagic

GreyMagic

The more you care, the more you have to lose.
Feb 21, 2019
Every second of everyday. Yay...

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Of course I do. I haven't always been like this. I used to be normal and not depressed and not want to kill myself every 2 seconds and I still remember how that was and sometimes on certain meds I get a little taste of what I used to be like, but it's just that... A taste. A little teaser of normal life. Just enough to make me feel even more despairing when I go back to my usual state of just shity depression existence after they wear off.

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
All throughout my childhood and adolescence that's all I wanted. I kept doing everything in my power to fit in, trying to dress, talk, and act like my peers. It was all in vain.

At some point I realized I'd never be able to fit in, the psychological abuse and emotional neglect I suffered as a kid made me not only profoundly different but profoundly dysfunctional. And to those saying that there's no such thing as normal and 'abnormal' is just a label full of stigma, while I do get your point I respectfully disagree. There's nothing wrong with being different, but being psychologically unstable to the point that one wrong word or even just a funny glance from a stranger sends you spiraling for days or weeks... don't tell me that's all fine and dandy, don't tell me it's just a quirk that psychiatry attached stigma to in order to eradicate individuality and sell psych meds.

I always knew something was wrong with me, before I knew what mental illness was or before I even knew how to verbalize or conceptualize how/why I was different. When I realized I'd never be normal I thought in a way it was better that way because normal people are boring and shallow. Until I met so many people who had never had anything traumatic happen to them and who never experienced any kind of mental health issue, yet they were still insightful, original, articulate and compassionate. And on the flipside, normal people have their issues too and even though they seem minor to us, they are as pained by them as we are. It would be easy for me to go "Oh, poor you, you had one little anxiety attack and now you refuse to leave the house for the rest of the day?" just because I had several a day for years and was still forced to go out and pretend like I was fine, with zero support and understanding from anyone. To them one anxiety attack, one depressive episode, one tiny thing feels just as monumental as my issues are to me.

Yes, I believe I am as understanding and prone to introspection as I am because I'm not normal. But plenty of people are that way on their own, so I can't say I needed all the trauma and all the mental illnesses to become this way. I might have gotten there anyway. So yeah, I do wish I could wave a magic wand and be normal, enjoy normal things and be able to do engage in normal activities. That doesn't mean I'd be boring or that I'd lead a shallow life, at least not necessarily. But it is what it is and I accept that that's impossible. The more my life gets worse the more I accept that it was all a waste of time and resources and it's ok for me to ctb.

Tl;dr: Hell yeah.

Reactions: Saga and Baskol1
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Actually no, not really. I've never wished it. I had passing thoughts about it when the pain gets too much but even that I always knew I'd never agree to that. Because personally, my pain comes from knowing things most people ignore. And if I chose to be normal I'd be as ignorant(for the lack of a better word) as normal people and I'd rather die me, and knowing what life is all about than live in some fog within my brain.

J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
And who is the judge who determines what is "normal" or "abnormal"? Psychiatrists? Please!!

I've never needed to have dealings with psychiatrists (because my mind is in perfect condition...) thank goodness. Part of the reason for this is that I could never trust anyone who tries to squeeze the massive complexities of the mind into a narrow pet theory. It's just nonsense.

Reactions: Asta
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
Yes, that would have been great. But I am hardly OK.

qu13t5l33p

qu13t5l33p

Jan 21, 2024
For a long time, yes. But now when I think about the prospect, I can't help but believe I'd still want to die. Would countless problems be solved? Yes. Would excruciating pain be remedied? Yes. Would it still be better to CTB? Most likely. I like to think that the grass isn't all that greener, and that life being worth the suffering is a rare commodity.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Yes and. I. I would miss my uniqueness

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
as the title is...ever wished of this?

I wish i was,I wish i wasnt mentally fucked up and didnt get abused...
I wish I wasn't suicidal and could see the beauty and colors of life again. Everything feels colorless and I don't know how to pull myself out. I think I'm losing myself. I can't even draw anymore. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, abuse is so horrible to suffer through. Thank u for making this thread 🌸