N

Nik

Oct 4, 2018
I'm positively offensive and I don't give a shit ,olfactory speaking. Apparently the more we smell, the more dogs find us interesting.

Reactions: piratemaverick, TheCrow, lv-gras and 3 others
IchIsGone

IchIsGone

Nov 2, 2018
My depression makes me want to sleep all the time. However, I can't sleep if my body is sticky and sweaty. Instead of not showering, I stop doing chores and clean the house. I stop doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming the carpet, throw out the trash etc. My house is stinking right now, but I made sure my room is clean, I change the bed sheet and wash my blanket every 2-3 weeks. I only do laundry when I'm run out of pajamas or my comfy t-shirts or underwear. I'm planning to do some house cleaning this weekend, not really sure how I'm gonna find the motivation to do so.

Reactions: Fucking loving it, 52shriek, TheCrow and 5 others
NewDelhiGuy

NewDelhiGuy

Oct 5, 2018
My depression makes me want to sleep all the time. However, I can't sleep if my body is sticky and sweaty. Instead of not showering, I stop doing chores and clean the house. I stop doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming the carpet, throw out the trash etc. My house is stinking right now, but I made sure my room is clean, I change the bed sheet and wash my blanket every 2-3 weeks. I only do laundry when I'm run out of pajamas or my comfy t-shirts or underwear. I'm planning to do some house cleaning this weekend, not really sure how I'm gonna find the motivation to do so.
I can relate to all this.. probably you guys are living alone. So do I.
Someone who is not depressed can't understand it..
One needs to be living with loved ones...
You can't be pressurised in to taking bath.
Being in depression doesn't mean that we don't know what the right thing is to do. Depression means aversion to activity.
All of us need is some love.

Reactions: TheCrow, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Being in depression doesn't mean that we don't know what the right thing is to do. Depression means aversion to activity.
I've been depressed for such a long time that I've almost accepted that I have been imprisoned by it. It lies to u and after many years of it u believe that you can't be any other way and no longer care to change it either. We wither on the vine is accurate. I've gotten comfortably miserable but it's killing me in the process.

Reactions: TheCrow, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
When you haven't showered in 60 years...

Reactions: Goldie, piratemaverick, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
When you haven't showered in 60 years...

Holy shit lol! I'm not sure I could live like that but at the end they glamorize it as if we should think that's a nice way to live or something lol!

Reactions: piratemaverick, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Holy shit lol! I'm not sure I could live like that but at the end they glamorize it as if we should think that's a nice way to live or something lol!
He's defiantly the polar opposite of a germaphobe.

Reactions: piratemaverick, Final Escape, lv-gras and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah, I've been like that at times too, mostly not brushing my teeth since I just got really lazy about it. As for showers, I used to take a shower almost everyday but recently, it has been every other day unless I'm really sweaty and feeling uncomfortable. I'm sort of a clean freak ever since I was a kid and would oftenly wash my hands several times per day.

Reactions: piratemaverick, Final Escape, lv-gras and 2 others
IchIsGone

IchIsGone

Nov 2, 2018

Yeah I'm living alone.

Seeing dirty house gives me anxiety. I'm scarred of infestation but I couldn't make myself do anything about it. But when the tales as old as times like Anxiety vs Depression, I think depression takes this one.

Reactions: TheCrow, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
P

Pointlesslife

I'm feel dead and lifeless already so why live
Nov 7, 2018
I often neglect to take a shower. I feel it is too much effort. Honestly, I feel that anything that distracts from important goals to me is a waste of time.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and worldexploder
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
and just laid there stinking? I haven't took a shower since Nov 1st. I stink, I want to take a shower but I don't even have the motivation for that. Then I have these embarrassing thoughts like "what if the house catches fire and I gotta escape smelling like this".
HA! I just had the same thought the other day not having showered for a week!

piratemaverick

piratemaverick

Nov 8, 2018
and just laid there stinking? I haven't took a shower since Nov 1st. I stink, I want to take a shower but I don't even have the motivation for that. Then I have these embarrassing thoughts like "what if the house catches fire and I gotta escape smelling like this".
i cant even find the motivation to eat or brush my teeth. simple task seem impossible at the moment

Reactions: TheCrow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Inevitable and 1 other person
piratemaverick

piratemaverick

Nov 8, 2018
Yeah, I've been like that at times too, mostly not brushing my teeth since I just got really lazy about it. As for showers, I used to take a shower almost everyday but recently, it has been every other day unless I'm really sweaty and feeling uncomfortable. I'm sort of a clean freak ever since I was a kid and would oftenly wash my hands several times per day.
totally agree

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
Yeah too difficult

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, I’vehadenough and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
i cant even find the motivation to eat or brush my teeth. simple task seem impossible at the moment
I could afford to lose some of my appetite. As far as brushing my teeth goes, I only do it about once every 3 days and for like 5 to 10 seconds.

Reactions: TheCrow and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
The weirdest thing- I essentially have no appetite anymore. So through the depression I started severly overeating. The food is a theoretical escape. Something to connect with my past (awesome) life, when my metabolism was really fast. I lost 20 pounds then gained almost 50. Not good. I still shower, but its not a relaxing cleansing thing like it used to be. Now its just quick and joyless and I have to look at my new disgusting body. Skip brushing my teeth sometimes. Didn't brush for like a week on my worst drinking binge. I could feel the cavities immediately after. Talk aboutngiving yourself more reasons to ctb.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals