• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Being a giver or a receiver can be a way of life. Sometimes givers don't notice how much they're being given, because they're so focused on their own giving.

Being the giver lets you retain control of things, so some people never bother trying to be takers sometimes as well. Advice like "let X contact you, instead of taking the initiative" can freak some givers out, because it would mean relinquishing control of the contact. But it doesn't have to be permanent; we can all be givers *and* takers.

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I feel like it's always me reaching out. Lately (as my depression has hit me hard) I don't find the strength to talk to them first and they don't even ask how I'm doing. It's so sad.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I don't reach out, but neither do the people I know. My family is the only exception.

Reactions: Kramer
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I tried not texting first for once and have lost most of my friends that way. I guess you can tell who is a true friend that way