• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Even if it was legal- Could you sell products to CTB on the open market?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes with stringent checks

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The whole recent business with Kenneth Law and IC has left me with a perplexing question...

I believe all capable adults have the right to autonomy. I also admire what KL was doing- IF his motives were purely to help people who are suffering. That said- I don't think I could do it myself. It's not like I could anyway- I've no idea about products to CTB. Also- obviously it being teetering on illegal would stop me.

All that aside though- from a kind of 'moral' perspective- I'm not sure I could do it. Even if it was perfectly legal and I knew I had a 'reliable' product. Just sending anyone the means to CTB because they paid me doesn't quite sit right.

While I hate the thought of 'gatekeeping' suicide- I suppose I do actually believe there should be some checks. Of course- that OUGHT to be being done officially via an assisted suicide programme. I don't think individuals can perform such assesments. Plus- it's not exactly up to us to say who should be granted it or not- that seems equally as weird.

I don't know- I'm sure this comes across as hypocritical and a double standard. Still- as a comparison- just because you happen to smoke or drink- doesn't necessarily mean you would be comfortable selling cigarettes or alcohol to anyone who paid you. I don't know- what do you think?

Reactions: epic
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
To live in a society where it was perfectly legal to sell products for ctb, I would imagine that the moral perceptions surrounding the topic would have to change drastically.
And if moral perceptions were different - If selling products for ctb was viewed indifferently or even as morally acceptable or beneficial - I don't think it would differ from any business, tbh

sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
initially i was gonna say yes bc i am strongly pro choice in that regard, but on further thought i guess there are more variables than i had considered at first. like you said, i'm nowhere near qualified to assess whether someone's of sound enough mind to make that choice (and that'd be my real concern, selling to someone in a state of temporary psychosis or anything like that rather than someone who's made an informed decision to take their life).

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Oh yes. Big, resounding Yes! Whoever wants to ctb should be able to procure the resources to do so. If I wanted to live and it was legal, I would have a website like KL's lol. Preferrably with N

Reactions: Forever Sleep
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I won't be able to do it because I believe CTB should only be considered by people who have chronic severe mental/physical issues . Topic of death is also tough .

However as an adult you should be able to make choices about your own life . Whether it be buying/selling material (including CTB related material) or consuming information .
What an adult does with that material or information is on him .

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
My initial concern was that ctb methods would be used for murder, though that's a moot point. People have committed murder using their bare hands, so anything can be a murder weapon.

Though, while I do believe ctb is a human right and should be respected, I don't know how I would feel about contributing to someone's death regardless. I probably don't have it in me to sell methods. Not saying it shouldn't be sold, though. If ctb were accepted to the point that these methods were on the open market, I'd be okay with that.